Stay Safe Cruise Critic Friends!

excitedofharpenden

I have been watching the news here in the UK about Hurricane Charley and its track up the East Florida coast up through Orlando and know that a number of our CC friends here will have been affected already. I hope that all you Florida folks are ok and will be thinking of those in SC and NC and keeping fingers crossed. Keep safe everyone.

Phil

Hi Phil.:) ..here in Jax we were lucky......the storm passed us......

But sadly,:( those people down in Southwest FL were not so lucky......Punte Gorde and Port Charlotte took a direct hit.....my heart goes out to those families.

Thanks for the good thoughts........

Thanks Phil,

Always thinking of others. Port Charlotte is where I have my retirement property. Thank goodness I only have property and not a bulding on it or I might be flying down there by now. I cannot imagine the devastation.

I understand that Dysney World closed down at 1PM so you know how close that came to the other property. We are anxious about tonight and early tomorrow when we are expected to recieve some of the winds and rain.

Delaware is pretty far away, but the coastline is the way it travels so we are prepared for more flooding. It has been quite a summer!

Hope all those who have been hit by the hurricane are safe. I wish I knew just what to say to someone who has lost everything. If it happens to be one of our CC family, please know that you are in our prayers. Good luck to all.

Cathy

We are expecting heavy rain and 40 mph winds tonight in Northern VA. But those poor people in Port Charlotte. My heart is saddened for them. Our family and friends in FL fared well, except for two in Orlando, but at least they are safe. Hurricanes are the only natural disaster you can prepare for, but they are the deadliest when they reach Cat 4/5! At least this one was small. Some have been as big as the width of Florida.

Equally concernful are the folks at sea on cruises. Yes, they can move out of danger, but not as quickly as the storm can move.

Hopefully, the absence of bad news is because there is none, and not because it's overshadowed by the devastation on land.

Archived