Bermuda dine ashore program available again

Writeratsea

I just read a review of a 6/3/2007 Majesty cruise posted by Nomie on the Norwegian cruise line thread. It was an excellent review that gives a real feel to the experience of cruising to Bermuda on the Majesty. Notable was the fact that she used her coupons for the dine ashore program at the White Horse restaurant. Previously, cruisers from the Crown mentioned that the dine ashore program was available but I was waiting for verification from someone onboard the Majesty. This is great news, as this exclusive NCL program is a tremendous value that greatly enhances your Bermuda vacation. She didn't have the dine ashore booklet but remembers the restaurant choices as similar to what was offered last year. I still have last year's booklet if anyone has specific questions. It is too bad this information is not available on the new NCL website, as it was on the old one.:)

I keep checking NCL's website for details, but, as you say, no luck. The list of restaurants for Hamilton that has been mentioned for this year was pretty different from last year, although I don't know how accurate or final it might be. In Hamilton, no Barricuda Grill, Hog Penney (sp?) or Pickled Onion (these 3 are all owned by the same restaurant group...) 'Twould be a shame!

David

Borrowed from another member's post outlining the new list of Dine Ashore restaurants:

Dine Ashore Program

Hamilton - Bermuda Bistro : Front St

Hamilton Parish - Landfall Restaurant and Tom Moore's Tavern

Paget - Blue Point (poolside at Elbow Beach hotel, lunch only)

Sandys - Salt Rock Grill

Royal Naval Dockyard - Freeport Seafood Restaurant

St. George's - Carriage House Restaurant, Mulligan's Golf Club Restaurant (lunch only)and The White Horse Tavern

ddoll, thanks for the list, I think that's the one I saw. Not much choice in Hamilton, unfortunately. Some great restaurants on the list OUTSIDE the metro areas. Tom Moore's is brilliant, but a goodish cab ride, Rock Salt Grill also has a great menu, but really only convenient to Dockyard by cab. David

ddoll, thanks for the list, I think that's the one I saw. Not much choice in Hamilton, unfortunately. Some great restaurants on the list OUTSIDE the metro areas. Tom Moore's is brilliant, but a goodish cab ride, Rock Salt Grill also has a great menu, but really only convenient to Dockyard by cab. David

Thank you for the hints on the restaurants. I am unfamiliar with all of them.

I read that Tom Moore's is dinner only and requires gentlement to wear a jacket and tie.

Also was told that Carriage House caters to an older clientele.

We ate dinner at the Carriage House using the vouchers. They give you a seperate menu, but it has all the top-notch offerings. The food and service were absolutely wonderful!

This was our 3rd time on the Majesty, but the 1st time we actually used the vouchers. It is the deal of the century. My wife got the prime rib and said it was the best she ever had! Don't miss out on this deal.

Sorry to hear the Carriage House now has a limited menu now. We have always been able to choose anything off the menu. Your right it is an excellent deal. We will be on the Majesty for the 10th time on Sept 30.

The fact that is now a limited menu might be why NCL reoffered the program. It might cost NCL less that way. Regardless, the only thing that is important is that it is available. I know you will be at the Carriage House, though I think we might try Tom Moore's. I noticed ddoll said that "the Carraige House caters to an older clientele". Rather than older, I thought it was a discerning clientele. LOL I can't understand why anyone would not use this program. It is an opportunity to try expensive local Bermuda restaurants that would be too costly otherwise.:)

I noticed ddoll said that "the Carraige House caters to an older clientele". Rather than older, I thought it was a discerning clientele.

Writeratsea, just to clarify: it was my friend who lives in Bermuda who told me the Carriage House was pretty much an older crowd. :D I have never been there myself. I asked him for any input or recommendations he may have for the resturants listed in the program and that was one of the things he told me.

Whenever we have eatten at the Carriage House we saw a wide range of ages there.

Who cares what the ages of the patrons as long as the food tastes delicous? Our party last year included all ages and everyone agreed the food was awesome.

Just thougt it odd to mention that the Carriage House caters to an older clientele. Like what does that have to do with anything? The food there is excellent. Can't wait to have dinner there in October.

Actually what he wrote was: "old people love this place. (enough said?) good food, old dark wood, just off the square in St. Georges. I've eaten there many times, company dinners' etc... very nice. If you're more 'dressed up' (and quiet!) this is the place to go. otherwise, go to one of the other two."

His remark, I'm sure, had to do with the ambience. And yes, ambience does have something to do with the enjoyment of your meal.

I took it as a constructive review and was grateful for the details.

I've done two cruises to Bermuda but obviously I live in the dark ages. What is this about restaurant vouchers? Where are you getting them? Are they usually advertised in the patters or some such? What is the cost and how many restaurants does it include? Any information for someone not aware of this program, would be very helpful. Thanks.

Cathy

I've done two cruises to Bermuda but obviously I live in the dark ages. What is this about restaurant vouchers? Where are you getting them? Are they usually advertised in the patters or some such? What is the cost and how many restaurants does it include? Any information for someone not aware of this program, would be very helpful. Thanks.

Cathy

The dine ashore program is exclusive to NCL and is a great value. Each passenger receives a voucher good for up to $25 towards lunch in a participating Bermuda restaurant. Your onboard account is charged $5 for the voucher. You can turn in the lunch voucher and for an additional $5 upgrade to a dinner voucher that is good for up to $50. The voucher is good for food, deserts, tips etc, everything except alcaholic beverages. At the end of the meal, they deduct the value of the voucher off your bill. Some restaurants allow you to order anything off the menu, others have a specific menu you can order from. The brochure you get with the vouchers tells you the participating restaurants and whether they have restrictive menus or not. If you do not want the voucher, you turn it back in and the cost is taken off your onboard account. The vouchers are not transferable and limited to one per passenger. You are supposed to fill out the back of the voucher an show your ship ID when you use them. Some restaurants request this and some don't. If is a great way to try some very expensive Bermuda restaurants at a very reasonable fee. We use them every year. Hopes this information clarifies things for you.:)

• 4 weeks later...

We used ours for lunch at the Whitehorse Tavern. The Food was excellent and the view was great out on the patio.

Royal Naval Dockyard - Freeport Seafood Restaurant - Please note, this restaurant has been eliminated from the dine ashore program as of the July 1 sailing.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Archived