** Balcony Ritual **

VaBeachCruisers897

We're booked for our first balcony in Dec. Lucky to have a full moon that week. Morning coffee while waiting for others to wake sounds nice. Wine and a cigar once the sun goes down is a must. And I've been thinking so much of that special night on the balcony with my lovely wife that my arm is getting tired:p

You may be giving us more info than required, bur my experience is that you make your own balcony fun and enjoy what ever you decide to do.

• 11 months later...
What do you most look forward to doing on your balcony??

I probably have a list of a hundred myself but .. I really enjoy sitting on the balcony at night before bed and listening to the water crash against the ship & watching other ships that are going in a similar direction....

Me too!

• 2 weeks later...
I forgot about this one - But I'm going to try and bring it back. Now that I have a son - my new ritual will be to enjoy some beverages on the balcony while he sleeps...... Now that I think of it! The balcony is how I got into this new situation :eek:

Wish I could say it worked for us, but not.

Yeah well, for our 5th cruise we are finally going balcony.

Call me timid, but I told the hubs that there will be none of "that" on the balcony. But after reading through the forums and seeing as "that" is actually the "balcony club" I might surrender to his wishes.

You can join the club.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Morning coffee on the balcony, delivered by room service.

2. Watching us pull away from port after the stragglers make a mad dash to avoid getting left.

3. Hearing the ocean as we glide through the water to the next port.

4. Waking up and seeing a little island on the horizon.

5. Watching the ships out on the horizon with a pair of binoculars.

6. Seeing the lava flow into the ocean the coast in Hawaii from our balcony.

7. Glass of wine, slice of pizza late at night.

8. Looking down at the ocean and seeing the dolphins swimming by the side of the ship.

9. Hearing sea lions and looking at to realize they are on the bouys in Ensenada, as we arrive.

10. Being able to go out and smoke without having to dress and go up to a deck.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
What do you most look forward to doing on your balcony??

I probably have a list of a hundred myself but .. I really enjoy sitting on the balcony at night before bed and listening to the water crash against the ship & watching other ships that are going in a similar direction....

A cup of coffee and reading a book in the morning. Wine, cheese and crackers in the evening...

We have always had Suites Mid ship, this time we are on the stern of the ship. Three Sunsets and Seven Sunrises for us this time. Several breakfast times on the Verandah. I've watched the view out of the Skywalker Lounge behind the ship and now I won't have to walk all they way up there for the view!

OK....So....I REALLY do want to have some of "THAT" on our balcony!

BUT, am so worried about the "Neighbors"

ANY ADVICE, PLEASE;)

Keep in mind that you are very close to your neigbours, there are only flimsy dividers with gaps, and if a pin drops they will hear.

I sleep with the balcony door open - if that pin drops at 4:00 AM I will hear it loud and clear. Chances are I am already on the balcony quietly enjoying the night air.

Balconies are not very private at all, even in the middle of the night. Once I had a neigbour stick his head around the divider and say "so, you can't sleep either?"

Last week my balcony neighbor peeked his whole head around early one morning as I was playing with my phone. He whipped his head back so quickly he may have gotten whip lash. He only peeped me once as far as I know, this would not stop me from doing the wild thing out there. To each his own. Have a great trip.

We have been known to have a good time on the balcony. To my knowledge no one has been the wiser, and if they are, eh! Chances are we'll never see them again.

I would advise to hang towels over the plexiglass, as the reflections can be quite revealing. If someone has the balls to stick their head around, ..oh well.

I also like to sunbath topless out there. Once, before I was aware of the reflection factor, I heard an elderly sounding man say "that ladies nekkid over there". I quickly drew my knees up, but the conversation going on next store quickly ended. I'm sure the ladies he was talking to were also a little startled,...and that is how I learned to use towels on the glass. It will not stop me from enjoying "my private balcony".

Go for it!!

Thanks! I feel a little better! I am Soooo excited for this cruise! We have been on one every year for the last 8 years or so, but this one is especially exciting for me inparticular. First of all, we are officially "empty nesters" now. Secondly, I am so happy to be in really great health, since I have been dealing with cancer treatment for the last couple of years...which has really given me a whole new perspective on everything. So, I am definately inclined to have fun and not worry about what my neighbors, etc.. think!!

LIVE LIFE!! It's too precious not to!!!

Coffee on the Balcony is always nice .. especially the days coming in to port ! ! !

Sleeping with the Door Open a crack so We can hear the waves breaking as the Ship cuts threw them is a serene sound ! ! !

We enjoy the runners ,,, sitting on our balcony with beverage in hand .. and hearing the horn blow .. and the Ensign Calling Carlo's and Charlie's ... or the Green Frog depending what port we are in !

And just watching the parade of people trying to make it back to the ship ! ! ! Always A Favorite :D ! ! !

We actually saw 4 get left behind once :( ... but they caught us the next day on the other Island ! ! ! Bahamas' ... We left Free Port and went around to Nassau ... which is why they always say ? ? LOL .. bring Your Credit Card /Passport / and a Camera .. can only imagine what it cost for those 4 to catch up to there luggage ! ! ! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On a sea day I cought my wife looking over the edge at flying fish and swimming birds (eating flying fish). ENJOY

That is one of my favorite parts about having a balcony. Nobody around, land certainly not in sight. When you see some birds, you know Flying Fish are around. It is so relaxing to just sit back and watch them!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...