New York For A First Timer...

josephml1

We are leaving tomorrow…:D

I have to said thank you very much to this CC users, who are very helpful in all this process, and telling me more about this amazing city.

Thank You to: Name game, smeyer418, willysgrandma, , ZoneHPH, BlueHerons AnJ, johnql, Moondawgie, Got2Cruise and many more….

I know someone will give you the same help you give me.:)

I hope this thread is going to be very useful for future Ny travelers…

Thanks….

I will post a review when we come back, so keep tune.

Have fun Joseph! I'll be in on one of the tour buses with the grandkids Saturday.

Maybe i will see you there and never know...;)

This is my last note until i come back...

Thank You for all your help.

See you soon.:):):)

I reviewed this thread for a trip to NYC not related to a cruise, and your recommendation for Tony's DiNapoli was right on! Thanks.

We didn't have a reservation and were able to get a table for 5. The food was fantastic, and the portions were huge. Cheesecake was No 1 in my dining experience.

I reviewed this thread for a trip to NYC not related to a cruise, and your recommendation for Tony's DiNapoli was right on! Thanks.

We didn't have a reservation and were able to get a table for 5. The food was fantastic, and the portions were huge. Cheesecake was No 1 in my dining experience.

You should taste their Tartufo! If you get the family size, it serves about 6 people. We were giving it to people at tables next to us because there was so much of it we couldn't finish.

• 4 weeks later...
NameGame, I notice that you are going to leave next week. Bon Voyage. :)

Yes I am, thanks.

I believe Joseph is ignoring us - he posted after us and totally ignored us.

Maybe he didn't have a good time?

I can't imagine he didn't have a good time. He just forgot about us. :(

Yes I am, thanks.

I can't imagine he didn't have a good time. He just forgot about us. :(

We posted on a thread he is currently posting to asking him to update us and he added a post after ours and mentioned nothing nor did he come back here and post.

How could he forget after all these posts?

New York for first timer “The Review”

First thank you very much for all the people who help me in all this process to know this amazing city.

Sorry for the delay I Was very very busy at work.

Second sorry about my English but remember English is my second language.

“WHAT AN AMAZING CITY” All that we expect and more.

First day in NY…

We arrive at 11 am to JFK airport on Saturday our original plan was to take the subway to Manhattan, do some sightseeing and then take a taxi to the Brooklyn cruise terminal to take our cruise to NE/CA. (We make some arrangements so our luggage will arrive directly to the Brooklyn cruise terminal.

Bottom line, we get lost with the subway… That day we did not know exactly how does the subway work and why the subway did not stop at several stations.

We see all Manhattan underground… So, we get lost and when we see the time was almost 3 o clock almost time to take our cruise, so we decide to take a taxi to the cruise terminal.

We spend 7 magnificent day at NE/CA, when we depart from NY witch I Highly recommend we where able to see many famous tourist attractions like the statue of liberty, the empire state, south Manhattan and more.

First day in NY, Saturday, we buy the Unlimited 7 days Metrocard to use the subway; we learn how to use it and did not have any other problem so on…

We take the Grayline Double Decker Tour Bus…Excellent tour worth every penny, you will be able to see many sightseeing of NY ad the most important sites, 42nd St, Macy's, Ground Zero, Central Park, South St, Chinatown, Little Italy and then come back to the ones you like.

We stop at the Seaport pier and buy at the Tickets for tonight boot tickets to see the Phantom of the opera, we do some sightseeing in Times square and expend the rest of the day there, In the night we see the Phantom excellent play…

One day we went to the Guggenheim Museum and to the Natural history museum (do you remember the Movie a night at the museum… That’s the one), and see a show at the planetarium very nice experience witch I recommend to do it at list once.

On another day we visit the MET museum of art, WOW great museum, but the impressionist wing was closed ::L, we where able to catch an opera at the MET maddama butterfly.

That day we also went to the top of the Empire State building, very nice view but a little expensive and a little crowded.

About food Mmmhhh, We had amazing food in Little Italy, Chinatown also excellent bubble tea, Soho and we try many kind of street food very good and cheap greasy but good. (Sorry if I don’t remember about the Restaurants names)

We also had a Happy our in a bar named Crocodile Lounge (free pizza).

Shopping excellent shopping too, also you will find many and I said many brand names chinesse copy items (like DKNY, Gucci, Carolina Herrera, etc) very good copies and makes very good souvenirs…

What can I said you could spend 300 years in NY and never run out of things to do.

I definitive will come back very soon in a less expensive season.

Hope you find this review useful and if you have any question just let me know.:)

LOL Joseph, you know that the native NY'rs would hunt you down, and nag you for a review. Some people find that kinda of pushy, but you know we mean well. :D

It's just that we feel like we already know Joseph after months of giving him advice. Besides meaning well we were being a little protective and making sure he had a good time. ;)