Very Strange Question From A First Timer

STACEYSGRAN

I haven't cruised Princess before, but on another line, we could call the cabin steward and request ice any time (well, maybe not at 2 in the morning, but for that, you could probably call room service!). I would guess it would be the same on Princess. Not a problem.

I didn't see any ice machines when we were on the Caribbean Princess. Our room steward filled the ice bucket each day and if we wanted more, we just called room service and they delivered it.

Cabin stewards do have access to ice machines - but they are not in public hallways like some hotels.

Just ask your steward, and he will fill your ice bucket (provided in room) for you.

Even though a ship is a type of floating hotel, they don't provide things like available ice machines to passengers, irons and ironing boards in the cabin, that type of thing. (although Princess does provide laundry rooms with access to these).

A quick call to your room steward or room steward has the ice at your door within minutes.

Our stewards have always refilled our ice bucket twice a day -- they then leave it in the refrigerator so it stays pretty cold. As mentioned above, you can call room service if you need more.

Our stewards have always refilled our ice bucket twice a day -- they then leave it in the refrigerator so it stays pretty cold. As mentioned above, you can call room service if you need more.

This has been my experience too. Never had to ask, they just did it.

The stewards have a chest filled with ice in the halls(they don't want to go back to the machines every time they fill you ice bucket) when they are cleaning. I have a small folding ice chest that I take on shore filled with sodas. I always fill it from the ice chest....never a problem...they would do it for me if I asked.

The stewards have a chest filled with ice in the halls(they don't want to go back to the machines every time they fill you ice bucket) when they are cleaning. I have a small folding ice chest that I take on shore filled with sodas. I always fill it from the ice chest....never a problem...they would do it for me if I asked.

Dont bother.......

Every passenger cabin deck has at least 3 cabin steward pantry hidden (midships) behind a "Crew only" door.

In these pantry's are very large ice machines that can keep every cabin in ice all day long, in fact the bar staff often raid these ice machine to keep the bar ice stock full especially on Captains Cocktail Party night.

If you have every wondered where your cabin steward lurked in between making up/turning down your cabin....the pantry is where you will find :D them

Yes, and I wanted some ice urgently one day, got no response from the cabin steward, went down the corridor, saw the 'pantry door open' snuck in with my ice bucket and whilst in the process of fill ing my own bucket with ice, got sprung by a steward and chased out, so beware.!

My fault, should have not gone in there.:mad:

(The above occurred on Carnival Spirit by the way !!, would have got better service response with ICE from a Princess steward, I hope so, you generally do.)

Best wishes from downunder, home of the ICECOLD lagers

Archived