HAL Limiting to a single entrees??? Say it ain't so!!

Roboat

Well, I am certainly not disputing your word--BUT that is something that I have never seen or heard---most of the time if we order off the menu i.e. last week on the Westerdam,it was just 1 of those nights --and I asked for spagetti--went and asked and came back "no problem"---I can understand if their is no lobster that nite anywhere on the ship and someone would insist on that---but I have still NEVER seen this or LIMITS on any food items--
FRANK

[quote name='Jacqueline']BTW-We also abhor waste and never order food that we do not intend to eat.
I know my kids get bored when we order four courses and they are just having one but dining and conversation rather than speading thru the meal are part of the whole experience.[/QUOTE]
Since I can't eat much, I just eat more slowly and enjoy the conversations of my tablemates who enjoy extra courses.

slinkie

A dozen + cruises and we have never had a problem with anyone at our table chowing down in a manner that slowed or disrupted the flow of our dinner or service. Eating is part of the fun so if it is 2 appetizers or an extra entree we could care less. What does slow things is the couple who wander in 10 or 15 minutes late.

I'm not always fond of the soups ... I'm not a "soup" person ... and so I've been known to order a second appetizer IN PLACE OF a soup. This happened the very first night on the Statendam; once my waiter realized what I was doing he never had trouble when I did it again on subsequent evenings, but the very first time it threw him and he brought both appetizers at once. After that when they would bring everyone else their soups, they would bring me my second appetizer. One of my fellow dinner mates leaned over once and looked at the spring rolls in front of me and said:

"funny looking soup."

"Yes ... it's all dried up." I replied. :)

Archived