Zenith

katz

Katz ~ Zenith recently moved the the Celebrity fleet to the Pullmantur fleet in Spain. If my memory serves me correctly (and I'm sure someone will confirm or correct my failing memory), she is about 55,000 tons.

Hi Anne:) you are making her bigger than she is;)

She isn't even 50,000....she is a baby size compared to

the Mega Ships these days.

Oh Anne, we are having a "Florida Get Together" on Saturday...

Pop over to the FL THREAD if you want:)

Here is another view of her:

http://maritimematters.com/shipnewspics.html

scroll down to the fourth photo - you will see "Zenith" on her. Actually, not following the story very closely, I was surprised (but happy) to see Pullmantur kept "Zenith" -

I believe she is just a bit over 47,000 gross tons..

Hi Pgh !

You were VERY close. Zenith is 47,255 gross tons.

I could be wrong about this.... but I was pretty sure I read Pullmantur was going to change Zenith's name. I wonder if this is temporary, or they simply decided to keep Zenith's name the same. I hope it is the latter !

Our favorite. I still get a kick out of people thinking it's small... I know it is relative to the monsters of today but at 47,255 and 1400 pax she's no delicate tiny thing. First time I saw and cruised her I thought she was huge. We had sailed on the Song of America only prior to that. :)

Our favorite. I still get a kick out of people thinking it's small... I know it is relative to the monsters of today but at 47,255 and 1400 pax she's no delicate tiny thing. First time I saw and cruised her I thought she was huge. We had sailed on the Song of America only prior to that. :)

Compared to 90,000..she is small:D ;) :) but I love her

too!

Did anyone stay in an aft cabin? My retired travel agent did and hated it. I am trying to do some research on aft cabins, (we have one on Legends of the Seas for 2008). I would like your opinion.

Thanks!!

Did anyone stay in an aft cabin?

Yes, we stayed in the very last cabin, Deck 9, portside on both Zenith, and her sister Horizon. We loved it. Could be bad if you were a early and light sleeper, as the bandstand, for the nightclub, was directly under us. But I believe you are trying to compare apples and oranges here. I think the aft cabins you are talking about on the Legend, have a balcony, and look out over the wake. Those on the Zenith looked out the side of the ship, with no balconies. (The new Zenith has balconies on those cabins.) The Legend is around 70,000 tons, with 2000 passengers, and Zenith, as previously mentioned, is 47,255 tons with 1400 passengers.

Zenith definitely felt like a smaller ship when I was on her October 2006. I could walk from one end to the other in a very short time! It felt like one minute I was all the way forward and the next I was all the way aft. She was a nice little ship, I'm glad she is still sailing at least.

Archived