Specialty Restaurant Questions

Keith1010

I checked with the Captains Club and they indicated that you can make a reservation for the Specialty Restaurant approximately 60 days prior to sailing. For those of you who have done this before, does that sound about right? I was told that we could only make one reservation. We would like to make two. Will it be difficult to make the second reservation when we board. How do you make the reservation when on board the ship?

Thanks,
Keith

You can make the reservation through Captain's Club about two months prior to sailing. I recommend using email since you can print it out to take with you in case there is any mix-up.

The second one will need to be made onboard - you just go to the restaurant, or call them to make it. The specialty restaurants fill up quickly on certain nights - so you should do it soon after boarding.

I thought the $30 was the tip? I know on other cruiselines, I've read that the cost is for the tip.

Here you go....direct from Celebrity's website....There is a cover charge for dining in the specialty restaurants onboard Constellation, Millennium, Infinity, and Summit. This charge is a $30 per person charge that will be posted to your onboard signature account (This covers gratuities). Additional charges apply for wines and other beverages purchased as usual.

The $30.00 is the tip that will cover all of your servers in the specialty restaurant.......they are the only ones (servers) that actually have a 'set amount' for their salary which is generated by the $30.00 fee/tip.
Of course wine and bar will be tipped extra when you do the ordering if any.

Have fun in the restaurant........we did.

Wes

Hi Keith,
We dined twice in the specialty restaurants: once on Constelation and once on Millennium.
Both restaurants were very elegant, soft music coming from two musicians (piano and violin - my favorite), very nice table setting with beautiful china and silverware, servers (trained in France especially for this restaurants) anticipate your every wish and are extremely pleasant but not intrusive.
Food was excellent as well and served at the same moment to all who are dining at the same table.
If, you have not seen the menu.....I can provide a link to it.
We spent about two hours in each restaurant and were very pleased and 'stuffed'.
If you are 'rich and famous'....probably that is what you are used to, in our case we tasted a little of the 'forbiden fruit' and felt like we are... what we are not.....
Enjoy it, it is not just the dinner but the whole package.

Wes

[quote name='Bisous3']I highly recommend the goat cheese souffle appetizer. We had it in the Olympic on the Millennium and I still dream about it!!
Suzanne[/QUOTE]

Don't dream about it....make it :)

[url]http://www.cruisegourmet.com/site_pages/recipes/goat_cheese_soufle.pdf[/url]

Hi Keith,
I posted the same link on a different thread about the same subject, so here is the copy of my response on the other thread with the link included.
Wes

Hi, few months ago I sent a copy of the menu from Olympic specialty restaurant on the Millennium to a fellow cruise critic member, who published it on his interesting web site.
Link below:

[url]http://www.celebrity-century.com[/url]

even that most is about the Century, but you will find a section with the menu that you are looking for ( all of the specialty restaurants got almost identical menu.)
when the page will open, click on "The ship", next - "The food" and you will see on the left side the "Olympic Restaurant" and the menu.
Enjoy your dining.....we did.
Wes

Just to restate -- the $30 is the tip. This year on Summit we made our first reservation at the time we booked (apparently they weren't suppose to do this) and didn't have any problem with the reservation (we reconfirmed when we boarded). We had no trouble making our second reservation on board. In fact, the Restaurant wasn't fully booked on either night (and one was St. Patrick's Day).

We felt the food and service and elegant surroundings (soft music, etc.) were well worth the price. It takes approximately two hours for the full dinner.

The Speciality Restaurant is just that - "special". Dinning on cruise ship is a wonderful experience but does not come close the the speciality restaurant.

We did this on the Millie and on the Infinity - it is a triple class act

Try the goat cheese souffle for the appetizer and the chocolate souffle for dessert. Also had the lamb both times. Can't wait to do it again.

The extra $30.00 is the tip - of course you do pay for wine.

Enjoy

Archived