Need Info On Simon Weir Cruise Director

pa.cruisers

Hi Nick and Simon, I have never met you but after reading this thread I feel as I know you both:D

Oh wait, it is only Nick who replied;)

I haven't had the pleasure of sailing when either of you were the CD's. Maybe one day I will be so lucky.

At the top of this page there is a field that says "New Thread". Click on it and put a title there, then below in the box type about your subject.

Hi Lois !

Simon was our CD on Summit last April. He is definately one of Celebrity's best ! He genuinely cared that the passengers were having a great time, and he was always around the ship. IMHO, he has all the qualities of a great CD.

Sadly, we have not had Nick as our CD, but I hope we will on a future sailing.

Hi Andy:)

Not sure if you saw my post on another thread (can't remember which one now:eek: )

but I will be in FLL next month:D . I am meeting friends for dinner on Friday 3-11.

If you can make it, I would love to meet you. We are going to Bravo's on 17th Street.

I know you are a bit of a drive from Boca, but I wanted to put the invitation out there for you.

Hi Nick,

To start a thread just go to the board you want to post on. You will see at the top that you just click new thread and your on your way. Yes we have graduated to a dvd in fact we did it just this christmas.

If you would like you can contact us at coltab@comcast.net We leave for the Summit on 2-27 sail on 2-28 we'll be in Ft. Lauderdale,are you still in that area ?

Great to see your brother also has a great following,both of you on the same ship,that could be a real party.

Anyway hope you enjoy Cruise Critic and keep yourself busy when your not cruising.

Mike & Cathy

Morriscats, I hope Simon is still the CD for you. He is pretty crazy guy once he gets going! I am glad you like the pics there were a few of them huh??

Nick if you remember would you please tell your brother how much it meant to my sister in law and myself, that he went to the trouble to show White Christmas. It is the little things like that make a great CD!!

Toni

Anita:

Simon will be on the Infinity at least thru next November -- I spoke with him this past November and was supposed to sail with him this coming November. Unfortunately my plans changed and I'll be on a different cruise.

AFAIK, he usually takes his vacation in the summer.

Hey! you two, It was great to hear from Nick on this thread. My husband and I have not seen you since The Costa Classica, 3/92. We were with you on the Daphne 3/90.

We had Simon on the Costa Riveria 2/97. Simon had a sidekick name of Roberto. He and Simon had a great act together. What happened to Roberto? Also on this cruise we went to Malaga, Spain and Simon said that your folks lived there and some of the staff would visit with them while docked for the day.

Last time we saw Simon was on Celebrity Horizon 3/98. He was just traveling on the cruise preparing to take over the CD position. Would love to see you two again in the future.

Take care,

Guy and Margaret

When you say Simon takes his vacation in the summer - will he be back on Infinity on 3 Sept (or on the Summit by any chance on 1 April). I have read so much good about him and being from "his side of the pond" I would love to cruise just once with a Brit CD to see if I can see the differences (and understand the jokes!!!!!!):confused:

AJ

Hey! you two, It was great to hear from Nick on this thread. My husband and I have not seen you since The Costa Classica, 3/92. We were with you on the Daphne 3/90.

We had Simon on the Costa Riveria 2/97. Simon had a sidekick name of Roberto. He and Simon had a great act together. What happened to Roberto? Also on this cruise we went to Malaga, Spain and Simon said that your folks lived there and some of the staff would visit with them while docked for the day.

Last time we saw Simon was on Celebrity Horizon 3/98. He was just traveling on the cruise preparing to take over the CD position. Would love to see you two again in the future.

Take care,

Guy and Margaret

The Daphne !!!!!

Now that is going back some........

The entire entertainment dept. consisted of me, my assistant Marcus, a magician and 4 dancers !!! I was the Male vocalist for goodness sake !!!! I loved that little ship. Last time I saw it it was following us going round Cape Horn last year. (I was on Infinity). I think it's called something like "Switzerland" nowadays. I couldn't see too well thru the Captains Binoculars (plus.... he kept asking for them back, apparently he needed them?!)

Those were the days !!!!

See you out there sometime !!!

Bye for now

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

We had the pleasure of having Simon for our CD on three Summit cruises and we also got to meet your parents in October. I can easily see where the charm comes from - absolutely delightful! They were heading to Vegas for your wedding shortly after so hope everything went well for you. I know the Summit won't be the same without Simon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We had Simon on our ship (Infinity 5/28) and of course, he was great! The Old McDonald was a hoot (SUCK IT UP!)... and afterwards, when he saw his "animals" in the audience, he would remember them. A family of CD's. What a life!

Archived