Complaint of the Week #11

Philip217

This has been a red-letter week for complainers. The competition for a winner was very intense.

But this morning we had a verbal complaint at our Reception Desk that clearly stood above the rest.

A passenger who boarded yesterday reported that her airline lost her suitcase in Chicago. The airline has promised to deliver it to our next port tomorrow.

The lady in question requested to speak to our "Counselor" this morning. When asked which counselor she was referring to, she explained that the trauma of living without her suitcase for 2 days was so extreme that she needed psychiatric counseling to get her through the next 24 hours. She couldn't believe that a cruise ship doesn't carry a psychologist to handle situations like this. In fact she insisted that we fly one in via helicopter today so that she might be able to enjoy the remainder of the cruise.

Actually, such services are the best method of determining the "quality" of the cruise line. The POCRS (Paul's Offical Cruise Rating Service) designations are as follows:

Luxury: M.D.

Premium: psychologist

Standard: Social Worker

Ecomomy: Call your mother

Paul

Actually, such services are the best method of determining the "quality" of the cruise line. The POCRS (Paul's Offical Cruise Rating Service) designations are as follows:

Luxury: M.D.

Premium: psychologist

Standard: Social Worker

Ecomomy: Call your mother

Paul

Paul, was that deliberate or a typo? I loved it!

I smell someone trying to make a few bucks. You know when you get into port, someone should arrange a tour of the local children's hospital so this person can see what a true tramatic situation is.

......... In fact she insisted that we fly one in via helicopter today so that she might be able to enjoy the remainder of the cruise.

THE WINNER so far........

.....Should have told her the ship only flies passengers to counselers and not counselers to passengers...... and their baggage has to accompany them.

Phillip217 -- I know you're NOT making these up!! I worked in customer service for the airline that probably lost her bag for more than 30 years, and your awards, although they tickle me and make me laugh, also make me so HAPPY I was able to take early retirement!! Silver:cool:

Philip,

Just wanted to thank you for all the effort you go to so that all of these can be shared. It truly makes it a good morning when I find the newest post. These also remind me of why I can not work with the general public-- I do not think that I could resist answering some of these people with something that would definitely have me looking for new employment opportunities very quickly!

Thanks again for keeping us laughiing.

Archived