How many times have you been to Alaska?

etoile

How many times have you cruised to Alaska?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you cruised to Alaska?

• None yet
    • 3-5
    • 5-10
    • 10+

Hi!

We're getting ready for our 4th cruise in September.

Previously we cruised on Regal Princess (back when it was out of Seward to Vancouver) for seven days.

Next we cruised on Dawn Princess in Sept 2001 and were on her when the bombing happened. Seward to Vancouver for seven days.

Last time was back on Regal Princess for a round-trip from San Francisco, for 10 days.

This time is back on the Dawn Princess (see a pattern?) round-trip from San Francisco for 11 days.

Shar

2000-Southbound

2006- Seattle Roundtrip

2007- Seattle Roundtrip

2008 - Planning with land excursions.

Why to go back or why shore excursions are important:

In each town as well as in any state, you have the typical stores that greet

tourists. Get away from all that and see the people and the country and learn the history of the area by taking shore excursions!!

I'm making my 2nd trip to Alaska in August '07. My husband and I did the Inside Passage Southbound in 1999, seeing the ports, but Denali wasn't open yet on May 10th, so didn't spend any extra days. This time I opted for a cruisetour with HAL, with only 3 days on-board ship, leaving at Skagway for 8 days on land through the Yukon and interior Alaska. It is a vast land, I can see why people would make so many trips back to see it again and again, without going to the same places they went the first time.

Cruises northbound on the Island Princess in May 2006, RT from Seattle on the Oosterdam in May 2007......and booked to go back on the Coral Princess southbound in August 2008 :D

I'm definitely hooked!!!

Our third cruise is in 3 weeks. We fell in love with Alaska on the first!!

2004 - Cruisetour/Vision of the Seas

2005 - Land tour on our own/Vison of the Seas

2007 - RV land tour/Radiance of the Seas

Most people who go - leave a part of their heart there.

Linda

Third trip coming up in September. All round trip from Vancouver because it's cheaper for me (living where I do). Might consider a one-way in the future, but probably won't do one out of Seattle as most of them stop in Victoria and I really don't want to visit where I live :D .

Hi Etoile:

Cruised to Alaska the last 6 years in a row, either in May or July -- taking a break from Alaska this year. Definitely hope to go again in the future! Living in Vancouver and sailing from here helps of course ... ;)

Dave

Twice for me, May 2006 & May 2007. Seven day return. Will probably go again in 2008, but will do a different itinerary. And dh is talking about doing a land/cruise in 2011

Our first cruise to Alaska was on Princess Dawn for seven days and a week in Western Canada. We next did fourteen days on Celebrity Summit with seven days in Alaska and coastal cruise to LA. The high spot of that cruise was going under the Golden Gate Bridge twice. Last year we did seven days in Alaska on Hal's Zaandam plus a week in the Columbia River Gorge. Alaska is beautiful but so it the entire northwest and Canada.:)

Depends how you count B2B's. 9 total trips to Alaska, 12 cruises if you count B2B's as individual cruises. Guess you can say I like Alaska. Tentatively have the Tahitian Princess booked for May 2008.

May 1995 Crown Princess Northbound + cruisetour

June 1998 Island Princess Southbound ( 10 days actually sailed from Anchorage)

Sept 1999 Mercury Southbound fall repo

July 2000 Regal Princess Roundtrip Vancouver

May 2001 Statendam Northbound

May 2001 Statendam Southbound

Aug 2002 Legend of the Seas Southbound

May 2003 Sun Princess Northbound

May 2003 Sun Princess Southbound

May 2005 Dawn Princess Northbound

May 2005 Dawn Princess Southbound

May 2007 Dawn Princess R/T San Francisco

Archived