A contest to win a cruise to Med? Mex?

Sundagger

I just received a contest notification from HAL for Mariners. If I win, I'm going to either: Mediterranean or Mexico, but not both - I think :confused: . They really need a proofreader for the contests they send out.

Simply complete our Short Survey by July 20, 2007, and we’ll enter your name in a drawing for a 10-Day Mediterranean cruise for two! By completing the survey, we’ll make sure that you continue to receive itinerary information and special offers on Holland America Line cruises.

Imagine winning a cruise that takes you to the Mexican Riviera’s most popular ports. Sail roundtrip from convenient San Diego, and enjoy 10 days of sunshine, beautiful beaches and leisurely days at sea. It could all be yours – if you enter and win our drawing.

What was this posted in/on?

Is there a website associated with it?

Thanks!

It was emailed to me a few minutes ago. The contest is for Mariners. It may be limited in distribution to a sample of the Mariner population. The link in the email led to a form with my personal information on it. It then asked where I'd be interested in going this year and next.

I got it too... but something about the URL in the link didn't sound "kosher" to me, so I didn't click on it. I came right to this board to see what others were saying about it. In this day and age of spyware and spoofing, one can't be too careful!

Although I am not yet a Mariner, I got an email saying I was that had my ID number on it right after I signed up for emails from HAL regarding special rates on their website. It seeme legitimate except how in the world did they already give me an ID#??

Oh well, I certainly wasn't looking this gift horse in the mouth LOL.

I checked on the ownership of the url --

Bowne of Los Angeles, Inc.

633 West 5th Street

Suite 1400

Los Angeles, CA 90071

US

Their website shows --

Bowne & Co., Inc. (NYSE: BNE) provides financial, marketing and business communications services around the world. Dealmakers rely on Bowne to handle critical transactional communications with speed and accuracy. Compliance professionals turn to Bowne to prepare and file regulatory and shareholder communications online and in print. Marketers look to Bowne to create and distribute customized, one-to-one communications on-demand. With 3,200 employees in 60 offices around the globe, Bowne has met the ever-changing demands of its clients for more than 230 years.

The contest was also advertised in a Mariner Europe 2008 brochure mailing that came out about 3 weeks ago. Included was a request for a Europe planning kit and a DVD. The prize is a 10 day Western Med cruise on Noordam 2008; inside cabin; no transfer of cruise itinerary or upsell to higher cabin category.

GN

I think part of the point the OP was making was the contradictory typos. It’s pretty ridiculous that they don’t proof read, especially since the email heading is “FROM THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT”.:eek::rolleyes:

Well I guess it’s better than smashing the propellers like the Millennium.:D

Mark…

I received the e-mail as well - it took forever to load when I clicked on it (seemed to work just like HAL's website does sometime) I answered the questions and when I "sent" it it took forever to send (waited awhile; brushed my teeth (2 minutes with the electric toothbrush; flossed; etc; chatted with DH as he was getting ready for work - you get the picture) and when I got back to the computer it still hadn't sent although by that time I had a couple of green bars. In disgust I closed it but I guess my email server still was putting it through because a little while later I got an ad from HAL thanking me for the survey and sending info on "specials" for the cruises I was interested in.

This is a survey, not a contest. I got the email last night. It had my Mariner number in it and was identical to a survey I completed a couple of months back. The link worked perfectly, but it was about 11:30pm last night (PDST) when I clicked on it. It did take a long time to "send", however. A short time later, I received and email "thank you" message including a message that HAL would mail us a brochure about future HAL cruises to the area in which we were most interested and information/fares for the cruises already scheduled for 2007 and 2008 for that area. I have no hopes of winning a cruise. It's never me/us!

This is a survey, not a contest. I got the email last night. It had my Mariner number in it and was identical to a survey I completed a couple of months back. The link worked perfectly, but it was about 11:30pm last night (PDST) when I clicked on it. It did take a long time to "send", however. A short time later, I received and email "thank you" message including a message that HAL would mail us a brochure about future HAL cruises to the area in which we were most interested and information/fares for the cruises already scheduled for 2007 and 2008 for that area. I have no hopes of winning a cruise. It's never me/us!

The email says: "Simply complete our short survey by July 20, 2007, and we’ll enter your name in a drawing for a 10-Day Mediterranean cruise for two!"

So when is a "drawing" NOT a "contest"? There was even a link to the contest rules, which I seemed to be eligible for.

sundagger: my apologies if I offended you. I did not see how filling out a survey amounted to a contest. Yes, one certainly has to fill out the survey to be eligible for the drawing. There is no skill or challenge or competition involved like in a contest. I guess it is how we tend to view things differently. Once again, I apologize.

Maybe you'll be the lucky winner of that cruise, where ever it goes to! ! :)

Archived