Mariner of the Seas aft or hump?

I can't decide on hump (middle) JS 9618 or aft cabin (corner) D1 1688.

The price difference would only be $500.00 total, not pp for the Hump JS.

I know all the Voyager class ships are bigger, so a lot of walking if I took the hump but the middle by elevators, wouldn't that be noisy?

I love the afts but never had a JS or a hump balcony but I still can't decide which to do.

Do you kinda have privacy on the hump cabins or are you out there for everyone to see when you sit on your balcony?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated on what you would do/think is the better one.

Thank You!

progress.gif

Unless you plan on hosting a party on your aft balcony, get the hump JS!!! Honestly, for 2 people, the balcony is ample and a JS is the best way to cruise! Plenty of room, walkin closet, tub in the bath, making it that much larger, priority embarkation, 2 C&A credits and you only tip the standard room amount!!! (Unless your attendant rocks, like most do!!) You will not regret the convenience of a hump, or the space of the JS!

I'd grab the hump too. Afts aren't all they have been built up to be - the infrastructure blocks the view, and there is no breeze to temper the heat. We didn't care for 1388/90 very much despite the huge balcony - it was too hot to use and the view was very construction-zone-like.

We just had 1688 on the Mariner in June and loved it. The balcony is huge and the room is shaped more like a square so the room was easy to move around in when the sofa bed was open. The walk to the back is no big deal and it is really private and quiet back there.

Now, we just booked the Mariner for next June and no afts are available but 9620 was available so we have booked that. Not a JS but a D1 but a center of the hump D1. I am nervous that we will have hallway noise. Many say there isn't any but we shall see. If 1688 frees up we are liable to grab that instead.

Now, we just booked the Mariner for next June and no afts are available but 9620 was available so we have booked that. Not a JS but a D1 but a center of the hump D1. I am nervous that we will have hallway noise. Many say there isn't any but we shall see. If 1688 frees up we are liable to grab that instead.

We booked cabin 9620 for Feb 22 09 for Mariner Inaugural from LA. Am going to try to check it out this Jan when on the Mariner Western cruise. I have been told no noise as well.

I am excited about being in a hump room for the first time then.

Laura

I can't decide on hump (middle) JS 9618 or aft cabin (corner) D1 1688.

The price difference would only be $500.00 total, not pp for the Hump JS.

I know all the Voyager class ships are bigger, so a lot of walking if I took the hump but the middle by elevators, wouldn't that be noisy?

I love the afts but never had a JS or a hump balcony but I still can't decide which to do.

Do you kinda have privacy on the hump cabins or are you out there for everyone to see when you sit on your balcony?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated on what you would do/think is the better one.

Thank You!

progress.gif

We had 9618 on our last Mariner cruise and it was the best!! Right by the elevators and stairs. If you are Diamond C&A it's right by the CL. We had an aft JS on Voyager and the bigger balcony is the only plus. It's a hike to everything. And the superstructure partially obstructs the view.

We loved 1688! No noise, lots of room.....it was the best!

Tried to book it already for next year, but had some trouble with customer service tonight. First call......told no afts available at all. Second call.....1688/1388 only available for 3 or 4 people! They then told me they had lots of other afts available!

Why do you get a different answer each time you call? I will try tomorrow....maybe there's no supervisors there at night? I was ready to book - how frustrating!:mad:

We've stayed on the hump on both the Explorer and the Mariner, and never noticed any noise from being close to the elevators & stairs. The cabins are separated from the elevator lobby and stairwell by a wall, and it must be well soundproofed. Occasionally we'd hear kids running by, but you can get that anywhere on the ship.

If you want a JS, I think the location of 9618 is perfect. We booked the Voyager when we were on the Mariner a couple weeks ago. I couldn't make up my mind between a JS and a D1, and I was looking for a hump location. I was shocked that 9318 was available...but it's not anymore!:D

Archived