NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

5 hours ago, Shadygap said:

I just used my points this week for the first time. I used 60000 points to do a double meta upgrade from inside IF to BA for my 11 day cruise on the NCL Dawn leaving January 2; 2023.  I’m really excited now for my cruise!  Thank you for this forum! The cabin upgrades are the best uses of the points! 

Congratulations!  It really is a great way to save money on cruising.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Burrata said:

Can points be used to book shore excursions in advance? Just got off phone with NCL and the answer was "no" had to book on the ship to use points. Is there a work around? TIA

Only way to use credit card points for excursions would be to get obc - and that can only be used onboard.  But you can convert your points to a statement credit which accomplishes the same thing.

29 minutes ago, Beaumont Barbie said:

I just accomplished our first double meta upgrade for our 20-day 10/2023 Panama Canal cruise. Saved $5,000!!! Cha-Ching!

Congrats!

I just got off the 21 night panama canal and I did the same.

I also bid and got Haven😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I signed up for the card with the 25,000 points introductory offer. I've spent enough to get the points, which are now "pending" - not sure why it's taking so long.

Is there anywhere I can go to see what I can redeem them for once they're on my account? When I go to the travel rewards, I don't see anything about cruises or onboard credit, just this:

image.png.904cdf689435b12f780e6c5443668e14.png

On 8/16/2022 at 7:40 AM, mscdivina2016 said:

I highly suggest you don't get Obc or statement credit if you stay on a balcony cabin.

30,000 points to go from ocean view to a balcony is worth much more than $300.

This depends on the cruise fwiw - I just won an upgrade bid from oceanview to club balcony mini-suite for $250 total ($125 each for two people). Of course with the upgrade bid it wasn't guaranteed and I didn't get to pick the new cabin, but it's still an option.

7 hours ago, pookel said:

So I signed up for the card with the 25,000 points introductory offer. I've spent enough to get the points, which are now "pending" - not sure why it's taking so long.

Is there anywhere I can go to see what I can redeem them for once they're on my account? When I go to the travel rewards, I don't see anything about cruises or onboard credit, just this:

image.png.904cdf689435b12f780e6c5443668e14.png

Try this....

https://www.ncl.com/world-points

15 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Scroll down 

The rewards and points needed are there.

Trust me I have been all over every inch of that page and there are no cruise-related rewards listed anywhere. 

Unless you mean the generic table of what rewards are available?? I'm not interested in that, I'm looking for confirmation that those rewards can be redeemed on *my account*

Like the place where it would say "Click here to select this reward" 

Edited by pookel

8 minutes ago, pookel said:

Trust me I have been all over every inch of that page and there are no cruise-related rewards listed anywhere. 

Well they are all there for me. The list is there and all you have to do is follow the directions at the bottom of the page. 

Edited by peg013

43 minutes ago, pookel said:

Your personal rewards for your personal account are there? Or a generic list of how much rewards cost in points? I don't need that. 

To get the info on your rewards, you have to go to your BofA account.  Anything but cruise upgrades are there.

To use your points for an upgrade, you have to call the world points number.

Just like it says at the bottom of the NCL world points web page.

Edited by julig22
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, julig22 said:

To get the info on your rewards, you have to go to your BofA account.  Anything but cruise upgrades are there.

To use your points for an upgrade, you have to call the world points number.

Just like it says at the bottom of the NCL world points web page.

Are you saying there's literally no way to use points for cruise-related rewards other than calling them on the phone and talking to a live person? Seriously? In 2023?

I'm not looking for upgrades, just OBC. Unbelievable that I can't do that on their website or app. 

1 hour ago, pookel said:

Are you saying there's literally no way to use points for cruise-related rewards other than calling them on the phone and talking to a live person? Seriously? In 2023?

I'm not looking for upgrades, just OBC. Unbelievable that I can't do that on their website or app. 

Not at all what I said.  To repeat, "To get the info on your rewards, you have to go to your BofA account." 

image.png.df325b9f8ed0ad8646f842a3cd1d73d0.png

Edited by julig22

3 hours ago, julig22 said:

Not at all what I said.  To repeat, "To get the info on your rewards, you have to go to your BofA account." 

image.png.df325b9f8ed0ad8646f842a3cd1d73d0.png

Yes the screenshot I posted in the first place is from my BofA rewards page, which notably does not show any cruise related travel. 

1 hour ago, pookel said:

Yes the screenshot I posted in the first place is from my BofA rewards page, which notably does not show any cruise related travel. 

The screenshot you posted is from the travel section, has nothing to do with using points for NCL.

The link on the accounts overview will take you to the page with the Rewards tab. The rewards tab will take you to the page I posted earlier, with the link to the NCL rewards page.

image.png.0d874c44e1b7caccb988ef83b30c8c5b.png

The screenshot I posted is literally what I see when I click the "redeem World Points" button from exactly the screen you're talking about and then go to "travel." The other two options are "gift cards" and "cash," neither of which have any cruise line rewards. So where am I supposed to be seeing these NCL rewards? Because I assure you they are not there and it's getting pretty frustrating that you keep insisting that they're on my account when I've looked over every possible option about a dozen times and there are no NCL rewards available. 

Screenshot_20221213-053107322 (1).jpg

Screenshot_20221213-053151173 (1).jpg

Edited by pookel

Just now, mscdivina2016 said:

Cookies are active it seems.

But here you go...

Thanks, I did see those. I'm looking for where in the app/on the BofA page I'd see the rewards for *my own account* - you know, the confirmation that I'd be able to purchase them once my pending points are released. 

11 minutes ago, pookel said:

The screenshot I posted is literally what I see when I click the "redeem World Points" button from exactly the screen you're talking about and then go to "travel." The other two options are "gift cards" and "cash," neither of which have any cruise line rewards. So where am I supposed to be seeing these NCL rewards? Because I assure you they are not there and it's getting pretty frustrating that you keep insisting that they're on my account when I've looked over every possible option about a dozen times and there are no NCL rewards available.

image.png.ac49380db62956ee85f44edf80bf6e6c.png

• Haha 1

Yeah that doesn't say "REDEEM NOW" for me. Look at my screenshot, it says "LEARN MORE." If I click on it, it takes me to the application page where it offers to sign me up for a new credit card. The one I already have.