NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Adjoining does mean adjacent when you are referring to property, but in the hotel industry it is defined as:

An adjoining room is two guest rooms that are located next to each other and are connected by a locked door between them. Adjoining rooms may be booked together by request for one traveling party, or they may be booked separately by two different parties.

In other words it is the same as connecting, a term that does not lend itself to confusion, but it is necessary to understand the difference as when traveling abroad you may find the word adjoining used rather than connecting and you may be disappointed in your room.  Not trying to be argumentative, just clarifying the different uses of the word adjoining.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 1:17 AM, karinad said:

Will they allow me to use my gift certificates in combination with the meta upgrade?

In addition to this question about the use of a double meta upgrade with Cruise Next Certificates. If we are unlucky enough to have to cancel or have our cruise interrupted by sickness, etc., that of course is insured, what happens with the meta upgrade points we earned and the Cruise Next Certificates that we bought? Will we lose the money that they're worth? Thanks!

6 hours ago, karinad said:

In addition to this question about the use of a double meta upgrade with Cruise Next Certificates. If we are unlucky enough to have to cancel or have our cruise interrupted by sickness, etc., that of course is insured, what happens with the meta upgrade points we earned and the Cruise Next Certificates that we bought? Will we lose the money that they're worth? Thanks!

They will say they no longer refundable, but they will return the points.

Now keep in mind that is out of penalty zone.

Insurance will not cover points.

We have been able to use only one cruise next as we get an inside cabin before using points to double meta.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

They will say they no longer refundable, but they will return the points.

Now keep in mind that is out of penalty zone.

Insurance will not cover points.

We have been able to use only one cruise next as we get an inside cabin before using points to double meta.

I hope I wouldn't lose the points. I've been earning them for the past few years and finally have enough for the double meta. After I use these points I think I'll stick to my Capital Venture Card that's more flexible .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, karinad said:

After I use these points I think I'll stick to my Capital Venture Card that's more flexible .

It may be more flexible but is the value there?

Going for the double can save you  thousands on the right ship and sailing 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

It may be more flexible but is the value there?

Going for the double can save you  thousands on the right ship and sailing 

Agreed.  Using my points to go from OV to Balcony on an upcoming cruise and the savings at the  current price is about $3500.  Not sure why I keep debating keeping the card - significant value even though I only use it for NCL.  Although, I have not done the comparison to using my AMEX as I only just became aware of their program.  Hmmm...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, karinad said:

I hope I wouldn't lose the points. I've been earning them for the past few years and finally have enough for the double meta. After I use these points I think I'll stick to my Capital Venture Card that's more flexible .

In the past they simply returned your points to the account.  Last time I booked the agent told me they were nonrefundable.  We talked about that a bit and he said they say that but it’s really on a case by case basis.  But I wouldn’t bet on it.  

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom

8 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I have no idea why my previous post is red. 🤔

I don't see it, but I can guess.

You used the word that describes a single or double xxxx.

That is also the new name of a banned site on here or mention of it.

I was discussing about not losing my points that will start expiring in August. I just went into my rewards account and it gave me the option of getting a credit on my Mastercard or a check or buying a variety of gift cards. I have 80,000 points and since I'm not ready to book an NCL cruise this year because we're going on the Oasis out of NJ this Oct, I was able to cash in $20,000, for $200. and still have 60,000 for when I find an NCL cruise for next year, hopefully. It took the pressure of having to find a cruise now. The $200. I will put on our Oct cruise with RCL, which was very cheap, $1400/2 in a balcony and we don't have to fly!

2 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I don't see it, but I can guess.

You used the word that describes a single or double xxxx.

That is also the new name of a banned site on here or mention of it.

That would have never occurred to me.   Jeez.  Thanks for the explanation.

3 hours ago, jwp1963 said:

Im at 155K trying to get to 210K for a free balcony 7 day cruise

Probably not worth it if you do the math and you cruise at least once a year on a 7 night or longer cruise.

Another factor is do you need the beverage package?

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Probably not worth it if you do the math and you cruise at least once a year on a 7 night or longer cruise.

Another factor is do you need the beverage package?

One of the reasons why I didn't take the free cruise.  You can't add on any of the free at sea promotions.

14 hours ago, BSR said:

One of the reasons why I didn't take the free cruise.  You can't add on any of the free at sea promotions.

Correct.

By the time you pay for booze and wifi, you diminished the value of the free cruise, or even specialty dining your betttoff getting an inside and using 60k worth of points and getting a balcony.

• Like 1

Me, again! I've decided on a cruise to book for my double meta. I've done that compete thing for prices from different agencies. A lot of them say that their rates can't be combined with Cruise Next certificates or MC points. Is it even worth booking with a travel agent? The only reason I book with an agent is to get OBC and other perks.

44 minutes ago, karinad said:

Me, again! I've decided on a cruise to book for my double meta. I've done that compete thing for prices from different agencies. A lot of them say that their rates can't be combined with Cruise Next certificates or MC points. Is it even worth booking with a travel agent? The only reason I book with an agent is to get OBC and other perks.

Don't tell them about the MC points.

After you get a booking number then call world points yourself.

CN certs take away from the commission so here's a way around it.

Book direct with NCL using the CN certs then give the booking to a TA within 30 days for perks.

They have nothing to do but earn a commission and kick you perks.