NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

7 hours ago, Shadygap said:

I am new to using the points on this card. Sorry if I am asking questions that have already been asked. I tried reading through the pages but there are so many.  I just got to 60K points.  I am looking at using them for 9 or 10 day Caribbean cruise in January 2024.

Two questions: #1  Since it is so far out- Should I book now and make the double metaupgrade now?

#2 Do I book a regular inside or family inside?  Will a family inside since it costs more help my upgrade?

Thank you all so much for your help.  

Yes book it now.

I always book higher inside cabin as it's so cheap from IF to IA.

This way when you double Meta to am B category. It's always easier to go down then up.

11 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I am impressed!!  Thanks for sharing.

You are the first I have ever heard of. I have redeemed over a million points and so many unsuccessful bids. I have a little hope now.

There is no real evidence that what you pay or how you paid has any impact on the bidding process. Nobody even knows if the agency that does the bidding even has that information.

When it comes to bidding, NCL is trying to increase revenue, so wins will go toward that end so no reason to believe you can't win a bid.  Your additional money is just as green as the next person who paid full price.  You might have a better room and a lower bid and still win because they can turn around and upgrade someone else into your room.  

At this point I'm just hoping to be able to be able to use my points - not that I haven't tried, my cruises keep getting cancelled!!

On 11/10/2021 at 7:56 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

That is a good approach depending on the ship.  I sail Spirit, Sun, Sky, and Star so the amount of Balconies is much less than the newer mega ships and the difference between inside and outside can be $1500 or more. 

I actually did the ocean view on the Encore because inside to ocean view was only a couple of hundred.

Which OV should I book?  I have decided to do this and do two cruises? Obstructed OV, OV, OV with picture window?  Lowest priced or one of the higher ones?  Thanks.

38 minutes ago, Shadygap said:

Which OV should I book?  I have decided to do this and do two cruises? Obstructed OV, OV, OV with picture window?  Lowest priced or one of the higher ones?  Thanks.

I suggest higher OV.

Gets you more balcony choice's.

You do know you need 30,000 points for each cruise to meta.

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I suggest higher OV.

Gets you more balcony choice's.

You do know you need 30,000 points for each cruise to meta.

I agree, but also for another reason.  It's my understanding that they can limit the number of upgrades so I always book the OV that I'd be OK with, should the upgrade be denied.  

I was told this the first time I tried to upgrade, had to get a supervisor involved.  Sadly, cruise was cancelled later.  Still trying to use those same points!

2 minutes ago, gochina said:

Which interior cabin do I book to ensure I can use 60,000 to get up to Club balcony?  I need a bigger room for three adults.

You can't move from inside to club balcony just to regular balcony

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gochina said:

Which interior cabin do I book to ensure I can use 60,000 to get up to Club balcony?  I need a bigger room for three adults.

You cannot get a club or an aft any more.

You also cannot pay the extra to do so.

Only a BA is max

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gochina said:

The club balcony is essentially the same size as a regular balcony.  The only difference is in the bathroom.  You'll only appreciate the difference if all three adults are using the bathroom at the same time.

1 hour ago, n4w said:

The club balcony is essentially the same size as a regular balcony.  The only difference is in the bathroom.  You'll only appreciate the difference if all three adults are using the bathroom at the same time.

Thank you everyone for answering.  Guess I'll book it out right.  I do like the fact that Club has double sink.

11 hours ago, gochina said:

Thank you everyone for answering.  Guess I'll book it out right.  I do like the fact that Club has double sink.

For possibly the cost of a club, you might want to get a inside meta to a balcony and an inside across the hall or  2 ocean view cabins and meta to balcony cabins.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, drumming cruisers said:

Since I couldn't upgrade to a 2 bed villa  Haven cabin from a Haven penthouse , I got OBC. Where do you see it on your reservation? I looked at summary and my vacation etc. Don't see it. 

Thank you for your assistance. 

I have gotten a card in my room once I got on. I have also gotten a statement credit.

• Thanks 1

I just noticed that my World Points will start expiring Aug, 2022. If I book a cruise before that but not sail until Sept or Oct will they be safe? Also, if the points are used for an upgrade do I get the amenities that come with the upgrade?

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, karinad said:

I just noticed that my World Points will start expiring Aug, 2022. If I book a cruise before that but not sail until Sept or Oct will they be safe? Also, if the points are used for an upgrade do I get the amenities that come with the upgrade?

Thank you!

I also have over 150K points expiring in Aug too.

Book a cruise for later (2023, whatever) but call immediately after you book to redeem the points to Meta upgrade (or whatever) before you reach the expiration date  (August 2022) and you should be fine.

The earlier you book, the greater the chance of you getting the Meta upgrade.

Additional information on what you can redeem points for can be found here:
https://www.ncl.com/world-points

Safe travels,

- WYB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, karinad said:

Thank you!

Yes they will be safe.

You get a better room that all. What perks you have initially is what you end up with.

2 hours ago, BSR said:

I also have over 150K points expiring in Aug too.

Just doing the math, does that mean in August 2017 you spent $50k on a NCL cruise?

- WYB 

Edited by WYB!