Freedom Boarding

When i board the Freedom, I will most likey get there at 12:00, which is probably the peak boarding time. But, I do have a diamond in my group. I know she gets priorty boarding, so my question is, Is the Diamond boarding lounge busy around 12:00, and how fast can she check in? Is it set up good, so the Diamonds/+ can have easy, fast check in.

surely somebody is a diamond that knows this. My friend just came back, but he didn't notice, because this was his first cruise. He loved it. So I know that somebody knows this.

My experience has been that we wait in line with everyone else. Only once, when the boarding was delayed, were we placed in a separate (small) lounge. I may be wrong. We always get there early and they call all the Diamond, Platinum, etc. people first.

There is no Platinum/Diamond lounge in Miami now. We did not experience being "called" as a first group either. We had to wait in line with everyone else who checked in before us. I really miss that Diamond Lounge. Hopefully, RCI still has one at Ft. Lauderdale, as we cruise out of there in January.

Last Oct. we were all in line. Just before they let everyone in, they asked if you were Diamond, Platinum and gave us each a ticket. Those people were allowed to go ahead in line and then they let the rest in. After we checked in and had our seapass pictures taken, they put us all in a line (we were in the front because of checking in early) and we waited with everyone else until they let us go up the escalator to board. Has anyone been there recently? We are going again 9/30.

How could they get rid of a Diamond Lounge in, probably the most busy port of all?????

You can get in the "suite" line, if you are Diamond, and do priority boading with the suite occupants. You still will have to wait your turn in THAT line, but it is usually shorter than the general check-in line. Just hope you don't arrive behind a couple of buses!!!!

Lori-We were there in March this year. No one asked about Diamond/Platinum or offered a separate line. And I asked a couple of people. Nope. Had to wait with all others. cb at sea- I didn't know about the suite line. Have you personally done this in Miami? Did you just get in the line or did someone direct you to do so?

Okay now that really makes me unhappy! I consider priority boarding a perk for being a platinum/diamond C & A member. Hopefully priority boarding is still available for suites in Miami, That line can be brutally long during peak times.

I’ve never been in line more than 15 minutes to board a ship. When are these peak times? We’ll be there much earlier this time….around 11:00 AM. Will this be a different experience for us? :eek:

I will be guessing that around 12:00 is peak time. I would like to get there around 11:00, but my transporation service is fighting with me. They want to pick me up at 11:15, first 11:30, then 11:15. So I will not get there until at least 12:00. I would like to be picked up at 10:00. I guess I will tell them that I will have to cancel unless they want to change. What do you think?

When exactly is peak time? i think i should change my transfer pickup time.

Who are you using for your transfers? We are just grabbing cabs at the airport as soon as we pick up our luggage.

Who are you using for your transfers? We are just grabbing cabs at the airport as soon as we pick up our luggage.

I am staying overnight in a hotel, so it would be harder to get a cab, but thats not the reason. I have 12 people, so I would have to get at least 3 cab. Each have 2 pieces of luggage, so thats why I am using a transfer. I have Quality Limo Service, but the lady wants to pick me up at 11:15, no earlier. Since I found out that there is no diamond lounge, I am tempted to ask again, for the 3rd time. If not, I will have to cancel and use another transfer.

Any suggestions??

Archived