June or July

We are scheduled for a July 2008 Western Med. Cruise. I am hearing and reading how crowded and hot July is. Do you think June would make that much of a difference, we could possibly go in June, maybe even May or September. Or should we just stay with what we booked and keep it in July. Thanks for you help.

My vote would be for May or Sept, actually I chose mid-Oct. Summer months in the Med are hot and humid and crowded.

We went to Italy the end of May in '98, Naples and Rome were so hot and humid you couldn't even enjoy looking at the sights. We bought two bottles of water, drank one and poured the other over our heads, always looking for a spot of shade, in a hurry to get back into the air conditioned car. I got sun poisoning that didn't go away until the end of the trip when we got back into Germany in the rain/cool weather, the heat rash finally went away after 3 days of cooler temps. Miserable month in Italy in the Summer.

We left May 29 from Barcelona and ended in Venice on June 10. The weather was perfect; a little cool getting off ship in the morning for a tour, but only a very light jacket or sweater was needed. Most days the sun was bright but not too hot until we got to Venice. We didn't have any rain accept on our day at sea. The Emerald Princess has a wonderful one-way itinerary, too.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

I would recommend September first, ideally late in September followed by April and May and June in that order. The earlier and later you go (October is great like April) the weather is more moderate and their area less crowds.

Keith

Put it like this .. the Pope leaves Rome in the middle of Summer - and he is infallible. :)

That was a good one!

I wouldn't want to be in Rome in the Summer either! Hot Hot Hot

Humid Humid Humid Crowds Crowds Crowds

Archived