NYC Disembark with 4 ships, problem?

days628

Has anyone ever disembarked with three other ships disembarking? If so were there any transportation problems?

We will be arriving back in NYC on Sunday, the 16th of September at 9:00 a.m.. There will be three other ships arriving ahead of the Miracle, the Norwegian Spirit (7 a.m.), Norwegian Crown (7 a.m.) and the Aurora (8 a.m.). Sounds like a lot of people looking for transportation around the same time.

We have a flight home at 1:30 from LaGuardia which means we have to be at the airport by 12:00 noon to get our bags checked in on time. Will this be an issue.

Please, if you have had this happen can you give me some information. I would sincerely appreciate all comments.

Daisy

We disembarked the Victory last September with 3 other NCL ships in port. It will be crowded. There's a taxi line and then a big line of buses. It was a little difficult to find the right bus. In fact, we walked past all the Carnival buses and ended up in the NCL area. They just redirected us back to the bus going to LaGuardia. We left the ship around 10 and I believe we were at the airport by 11:30.

Thank you for your reply, it does help. We are getting in at 9:00 a.m on Sunday. I have never arrived at a port that had that many ships disembarking around the same time, which will be another challenge.

What day of the week did you get to port and what time did your ship dock.

This might be a decision that I need to make about changing our outgoing flight time even if it means a penalty.

Thank you so much.

Daisy

NYC has a population of 10 million, plus another ???? visitors on a daily basis. Another 10,000 cruise ship passengers will not overload the city. Just be patient and you'll have a cab in no time. Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium sit upwards of 60-70,000. I've often been in town when both teams are playing. It makes no difference unless you are right by the stadiums. Thousands upon thousands of visitors visit Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Wall Street etc etc etc daily. Have fun, do some people watching, relax you are still on vacation. Enjoy your cruise.

Has anyone ever disembarked with three other ships disembarking? If so were there any transportation problems?

We will be arriving back in NYC on Sunday, the 16th of September at 9:00 a.m.. There will be three other ships arriving ahead of the Miracle, the Norwegian Spirit (7 a.m.), Norwegian Crown (7 a.m.) and the Aurora (8 a.m.). Sounds like a lot of people looking for transportation around the same time.

We have a flight home at 1:30 from LaGuardia which means we have to be at the airport by 12:00 noon to get our bags checked in on time. Will this be an issue.

Please, if you have had this happen can you give me some information. I would sincerely appreciate all comments.

Daisy

You should have PLENTY of time. Here's a tip though. Rather than trying to flag down a cab at the cruise ship terminal (although I think they do line up at the cruise terminal on the west side (off of 12th ave, and the "west side highway") , hire a private limo to meet you at the ship terminal just like at the airport, to take you to LaGuardia.

On any given Sunday, it should take a car going from the West Side to the East side about 15 to 20 minutes. It should then take about another 5 to 10 minutes to go north on the FDR drive to the Tri-Borough Bridge to Queens and then another 10 minutes to LaGuardia. This of course is barring no congestion, tie ups or accidents on any of the roads. However somewhere between 45 minutes to an hour should be about right to figure.

If you are off the ship between nine and ten, you should get to LG somewhere around 10:30 - 11:15 at the latest. If there are any problems on any of the roads, there are several alternative ways of getting to LG from Manhattan.

Your limo or cab driver usually know about tie ups.

BnB

I have disembakarked NYC several times and as cruisetmc said, yes, it likely will be fairly crowded. And, because of that we had to wait a lot longer for a cab than we normally do. So, you should plan that it will be crowded. What I would do and the best advice I can give is to request to be one of the first off the ship. That will give you ample time to get over to the airport.

Keith

Does Carnival have express disembarkation as NCL? That will save you lots of time. On NCL if you are able to carry off your own luggage, and a U.S. citizen you can get off first, even before the non-U.S. citizens clear immigration. That is what takes the longest. The immigration officers can hold up everything. Customs is really nothing getting off the ship at the pier in NY. We simply handed in our customs form and kept on walking. You can arrange for a car service to pick you up at the pier or across the street to save more time. Across the street makes it easier to find the car, imo. But, you are cutting it close, especially since your ship does not come in until 9. The first people off the ship is usually two hours later. Then you have to get over to LaG, then go to security over there.

Archived