**Live from Explorer 7/20**

Dear Denice - thank you for being YOU. A cruise is all about the people that you meet. You were a shining star on this cruise. It is so nice that you started this thread. I can only agree with what you said. As for the behind the sceens tours, they are offered to diamond plus - but for some reason we did not hear about them this cruise. It didn't matter as we have done them in the past. I agree that the galley is fabulous to see. It still amazes me that they can do so much and make everything so special for everyone. Thanks again for doing this thread. I hope that we will meet again on a future cruise. I don't want my memory of you to be waving to you as the shuttle bus pulled away from the ship.

Bev

Aww, Bev, that was sweet!! It was wonderful meeting you too. Yes, that memory of us waving goodby as you pulled away on the bus should not be the last!!!

Judie............I couldn't agree more about the gorgonzola salad and the filet. We ate at Portofino's twice and it was better than FABULOUS. Actually it was three times, since I did the Sat. galley/luncheon which was superb.

As far as debarkation, I was the second color called. We found the luggage right away, as well as a porter. We picked up the car in the parking garage and were off. Best ever .........BY FAR!!! Sorry yours wasn't, but glad you also had an AWESOME cruise.

I agree...debarkation was a breeze. We were called at 9, and was on the 3rd or 4th bus....Bev and Fred were on the one just before us and we waved goodby out there. They held the buses and staggered them, which made finding the luggage and porters much easier...but might have delayed the later people getting off.

Cindy ~~~ So sorry you were called late!!

So, so great to have met you all...it really added so much to the best cruise I have had yet!!!! (I sent Allan a little "love" note before I left...LMAO!!!)

Kathy, how did you get home so fast? My color tag wasn't called until 11:15! This was the most disappointing debarkation I have ever had!

On a lighter note, this WAS THE MOST AMAZING cruise we have even sailed!! The food was incredible, the ports of calls were perfect, the ship is sooo beautiful...but what put it over the top was the wonderful people we met both staff and guests! We too have booked the "next cruise" option and will decide in the next 2 months!

I agree with everyone else about the food at Portofino! AWESOME!

The Gorgonzola salad with pears was fantastic, the Filet Mignon was perfect, and the Flourless chocolate cake was to die for!!!!:D

Also, the "Spirit of the Seasons" ice show was so beautiful. My kids were mesmerized. This was truly a wonderful vacation!

Bev, loved seeing the two of you at the concierge lounge every night!

Next time, I utilize Ricky's services to debark!!:o

The shrimp Risotto was INCREDIBLE there!!!!

Denise, hope you get home safely. It was great meeting You, Harv & your kids. Your performance at the Love & Marriage show was hysterical!! This cruise was in my top 2 of best times. I sure hope that next year's will meet it.

Cat ~~~ I really enjoyed the times we got to talk...it was great meeting you and glad we got to share the experiences there...especially the incredible Megan's Bay in St Thomas!!!!

Yes, Denice was definitely the "energizer bunny" on this cruise. It was wonderful meeting her family. They are all very funny!!

:D

Kathy ~~~ So glad we finally got to meet each other. Wish we had had the opportunity to have joined you guys in the Schnooer!

Hey Denice!!!

Safe journey home!! Good to hear you're driving it!!

To everyone that sailed, glad you had a great cruise!! To those sailing soon, enjoy her the way we all do! It is like Denice said, the way they make you feel on board is like you were the very first sail and it is all about you- no one before and no one to follow..........

I hope to read some reviews soon!

Once we figured out where to find the trinkets....it was a blast!!! Thank you again!!

as Cori and I sat in the Palace Th. waiting....they start calling those poor people who we all know didnt pay their bill.....we always chuckle...

then u hear..shari wagner deck 9...well I was humiliated and Cori was laughing her ass off......turns out they THOUGHT i owed $$$$ but it was paid the day before....after I kept insisting I did pay it, they found the credit...I was a little pissed............

o well

as Cori and I sat in the Palace Th. waiting....they start calling those poor people who we all know didnt pay their bill.....we always chuckle...

then u hear..shari wagner deck 9...well I was humiliated and Cori was laughing her ass off......turns out they THOUGHT i owed $$$$ but it was paid the day before....after I kept insisting I did pay it, they found the credit...I was a little pissed............

o well

We heard you being called!! lol But the guy had an accent and pronounced your name funny so at first we weren't sure.

Do you remember who it is? They are shaking up a lot of the entertainers this summer.

Checked my Cruise Compass and I think the Schooner Bar piano player's name was Alvin Castillo.

Morning, Karen!!!!

Morning, Karen!!!!

Good morning Denice! Am I the only one that's still sensing a slight rolling even though we're on land?

Wished I'd had more time to meet up with the M&M group during the cruise, but it was a challenge trying to blend a family group that ranged from 25 to 90 years in age. And as a newbie to the Explorer and cruising, I wore myself out trying not to miss anything. Glad to say I think I hit it all!

Good morning Denice! Am I the only one that's still sensing a slight rolling even though we're on land?

Wished I'd had more time to meet up with the M&M group during the cruise, but it was a challenge trying to blend a family group that ranged from 25 to 90 years in age. And as a newbie to the Explorer and cruising, I wore myself out trying not to miss anything. Glad to say I think I hit it all!

Slight rolling????!!!! OMG I am surprised at how severe it is right now as I type!! Very freaky!!!

I am just glad you had a good time!!!

Thanks for your wonderful posts as you were sailing Denice, much appreciated. It's so nice to see fellow CC members take the time to post live & keep the rest of us up to date and answer all the questions that we have. I do have one myself, i know that you did the luncheon, galley tour would you happen to know if they will be offering it on the 5 day sailings?

Denice - Were you able to get copies of the adventure's club compasses? If so, my email address is:

sweetpea01@frontiernet.net

Email me your name & address and I'll send you a postage paid envelope.

Thanks!

Eileen

I only got a few of them..sorry...I might even be able to just post them here..I haven't got to that suitcase yet to find them..will look later.

o well

We heard your name being called during breakfast...thought maybe you won a free cruise!;)

Hi Denice-

I'm not sure if I understood your "yes" answer to my question. I asked if Allan would still be on 8/26 for ME and mentioned he's a cutie. You said "yes", he's a hottie.

Do you know if he will be on 8/26???

Thanks.

Love all your feedback. We usually do the DR for breakfast and lunch, so we'll skip the WJ, except for fruit and oatmeal the two Bermuda mornings.

Denice...........................wonderful meeting you too. Maybe someday...........some of us can sail together again!!! And my "rolling today to is very strong. Hope it subsides soon.

Karen..............Glad you had a great time..........didn;t get a chance to talk much, but glad Dain had a chance to enjoy himself in the Schooner Bar. Your daughters are both just beautiful!!!

Shari..............I heard your name to and couldn't believe it. I would be upset too!!!:mad:

Thanks for your wonderful posts as you were sailing Denice, much appreciated. It's so nice to see fellow CC members take the time to post live & keep the rest of us up to date and answer all the questions that we have. I do have one myself, i know that you did the luncheon, galley tour would you happen to know if they will be offering it on the 5 day sailings?

I don't know but check in Portofino's when you board.

Archived