Where are the CHEAP rates for fall cruising??

cruzin glory

I think the other thing that has too be looked at is air is up al ot this year also. A good deal on a cruise can be offset by high air prices. I have always been able to fly direct to orlando or Miami for under $150 but have not been able to find these fares lately. A 3 night cruise under $200 is not that good of a deal if you have to pay $350 to fly roundtrip...

That strange weather phenomenon called El Nino is with us, this year,

suppressing any and all rainfall-related activity in the Northern Atlantic.

here in Barbados, it's a DRY year so far, and we are almost praying for rain.

There's not going to be much hurricane activity this year.

I have a friend who is a metorologist and he predicts the exact opposite of what you are stating... he says it will be a later start of hurricane season than normal but will pack quite a bit of disturbance in the caribbean and east coast states according to his information later this fall.

I got a good deal only about 2 months ago on the Legend in September. Only $450/person. I think there may have been 1 or 2 other cruises that I looked at that were lower but the airfare for me was higher so we went for the best deal overall. We used cruisecritic.com to get our rate.

When I booked the glory sept 1-8 I paid $509 inside gty, the price of an inside jumped to $939 last week, an increase of $430. Now insides look to be sold out with an OV going for $979.

Wow I cannot believe that fall pricing has gone up so much this year, it is usually for me one of the cheapest times to cruise!

MAC

I saw some great fall rates a few months ago but prices have been going up ever since. We booked our Halloween Liberty cruise over a year in advance, got one price drop, and rates then kept rising. Balconies have been sold out for months now.

I think it's a combo of more demand due to a slow hurricane season last year and with the Imagination and Inspiration in month-long dry dock this fall you have less inventory for the shorter cruises.

Last September, we cruised back to back out of Port Canaveral on a 4 day for $159.00pp, and a 5 day for $199.00pp. Even the 7 day on Glory was only $349.00pp. This year we want to take my 2 yr old son and my grandmother on a 4 or 5 day out of Florida, and Carnival has nothing close to the deals of last year. The 7 day on Glory is over $900.00pp. RCC has a couple 4 days around $229.00pp Does anyone know when Carnival may lower their prices with a cruise sale. We have a tight window of opportunity with the first 2 weeks of Sept. as our only option. My DW is expecting our second child in December, and the cutoff window for her sailing is then. I know there haven't been any hurricanes yet, but there weren't that many last year either. Any ideas on why rates are still so high this year?

We are sailing on the Glory September 8th and only paid $399 pp for an inside on the Lido Deck, but we also did book it 8-9 months ago.

I've been watching and the price has gone up, because the cruise is almost entirely sold out.

All insides sold out already and there is only a handful of balconies and suites left, thus the $200-$300 jump in those prices in the last month, month and a half.

Like somebody already, so astutely pointed out.

The majority of people book 9 months to a year in advance.

2005 was a disaster in Florida as far as hurricanes, so everybody was leary of booking in Septmeber 2006, thus the ridiculously low prices. (which we enjoyed)

2006 was an unusually calm hurricane season, so everybody took advantage of the cheap rates last year at this time and booked for September 2007. (like us, on Glory)

Now, nobody has been cancelling their September bookings for fear of hurricanes, thus already, most of the usually underbooked September sailings, are almost full.

Bill

We are just going to be driving down. Does anyone know the exact last day that my DW can travel on RCCL, Carnival, and Disney. She is due on Dec. 17th. I have emailed the cruise lines and gotten no reply so far.

HELLO,,

I met you and your sweet wife last year

on the FANTASY............

GOOD to see you are looking at another cruise..

And you are getting a new baby..............sweet......

I too would like to find a good deal on a Sept cruise.........

I am going on the CELEBRATION this year for CHRISTMAS and NEW YEAR's,

A other one of those back to backs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL !!

prices fluctuate wildly I guess. We paid $649 pp for an 8E balcony room on the Glory, sailing sept 22. We booked it last November and the prices have been all over the place since.

I didnt start trying to book until this past spring and the cheapest Iv seen on the Conquest for a balcony was $719. Be glad you dont want to go out of Galveston. Prices for all categories for this coming fall are sky high imo.

Its nice to hear from you. Yes, we are expecting a new baby boy this December. Our other son is now 2 and a half, so we are going to take him with us on our next cruise. I think that he will have a ball. I just can't seem to find the great prices like we got last year.

Its nice to hear from you. Yes, we are expecting a new baby boy this December. Our other son is now 2 and a half, so we are going to take him with us on our next cruise. I think that he will have a ball. I just can't seem to find the great prices like we got last year.

YES,

He will have a ball,

He will like the BIG SHIP...........

Good luck finding a great deal.............

BARBARA

My DH and I just booked 3 cruises for 2008. In the past, we have gotten some great deals waiting till the last minute. I agree with other posters about Galveston. We usually cruise out of Galveston, but their rates are sky-high right now. We get the military rates, and even they are high. At the moment, booking a year or two in advance seems to be the way to go. Another problem with Galveston is that they are down to 3 ships. There used to be 6 ships cruising out of Galveston. I'm sure they can keep the rates high because of the lack of competition. (Also, Norwegian has left Houston.)

Happy bargain-hunting to all!!

browneyes7:o :rolleyes: ;) :)

/Does anyone out there know what the weather is like in the Mexican Riviera during Oct. and/or Nov.? Cabo specifically. I know Ensenada will be about the same as San Diego.

I've been on 2 7 days, one in Oct & one in Nov. Weather in PV was quite hot. Mazatlan was warm, & Cabo was not much warmer than Cali.

We booked in Feb/March for 4 night Sensation on 09/29 for $199 for inside and 5A on Empress Deck. And $239 for oceanview on Empress Deck.

I did just get an email today that had 7 days for $349 for military rates.

I need to decide: Which cruise is the better one? 5 nights on Celebration out of Jacksonville, or a 4 night out of Canaveral on RCCL Sovereign of the seas. I have me and my DW, my grandmother, and my 2 yr old son. We can get 2 rooms on RCCL for about $200 cheaper than 1 on Celebration

Help me with this decision

I need to decide: Which cruise is the better one? 5 nights on Celebration out of Jacksonville, or a 4 night out of Canaveral on RCCL Sovereign of the seas. I have me and my DW, my grandmother, and my 2 yr old son. We can get 2 rooms on RCCL for about $200 cheaper than 1 on Celebration

Help me with this decision

Im doing RCI Sovereign, their past guest perks are better than Carnival's so I want to rack up more cruise credits on RCI.

I can do Carnival out of Texas (and am), so no point in going to Florida for me to do a older Carnival ship. Dont know your circumstances. I have a I category on one Sovereign and N on the B2B, Im doing B2B on Sovereign to get 2 cruises credits, it was cheaper than the JS to get 2 credits.

btw when I booked in April, Sensation was cheaper than Sovereign....now its the other way around. I paid $259 for an inside on Sovereign for the 4 days. Now its down a lot.

Im just trying to get a great cruise at a great price. The first week of Sept is the only time that we can go, so Im up against a wall trying to get both of those things. Im worried about the size and age of Celebration because we cruised Fantasy and Glory last year. We have never been on RCCL, so that is an unknown to us.

Im just trying to get a great cruise at a great price. The first week of Sept is the only time that we can go, so Im up against a wall trying to get both of those things. Im worried about the size and age of Celebration because we cruised Fantasy and Glory last year. We have never been on RCCL, so that is an unknown to us.

HELLOO FRIEND,,,,,,,,,,,,

I have been on the CELEBRATION afew times...........

Yes she is a smaller ship then the FANTASY...........

The CELEBRATION is a sweet ole ship...............

I thought she was in gooood shape...............

I have also been on Royal's SOS..............

The SOvereign is about the same has the FANTASY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I liked the SOVEREIGN,,,,and I would go on her again..............

HAPPY CRUISING.............

Archived