Where are the CHEAP rates for fall cruising??

cruzin glory

I was talking to my PVP the other day, he said that last year was a hard year to fill ships, and there were many great deals, this year he says that Sept is already about 95% booked so the good deals are not to be found.

MAC

I think one reason demand is so high is that they have been saying, beginning Jan 08 passports would be required for sea travel.

I was talking with my PVP about how much Ecstasy prices have risen for my Jan 08 booking and she told me that spring 08 is filling up too. My price is up $110 per person from what I booked only a few months ago.

I was talking to my PVP the other day, he said that last year was a hard year to fill ships, and there were many great deals, this year he says that Sept is already about 95% booked so the good deals are not to be found.

MAC

I suspect it's because it's been a very quiet hurricane season, nor is there alot of talk of a busy season.

Marie

I suspect it's because it's been a very quiet hurricane season, nor is there alot of talk of a busy season.

Marie

How have you been doing Marie? Shame you could not be on the Spirit for the 15 day part. We have over 90 people on the roll call. I also got a killer deal on our Feb 9th 7-day cruise at $335pp in a BC balcony. Just counting down the days for the Conquest.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Your NCL Spirit crossing sounds wonderful. We will be on the Carnival Spirit during that timeframe, but only 8 days, not 15 like your Spirit cruise. We are part of a large group from another cruise board. Dh does not have much time off as he recently changed jobs. My Elation cruise coming up is solo. I just couldn't wait until November.

You know, I remember that NCL balcony deal!! I got an email from an agency, and hours later it was sold out. I'm glad you got in on it. One of these days I am going to try NCL. Always nice to see you on the board.

Marie

Hi Dave,

You know, I remember that NCL balcony deal!! I got an email from an agency, and hours later it was sold out. I'm glad you got in on it. One of these days I am going to try NCL. Always nice to see you on the board.

Marie

It was suppose to be a two day sale but had to end it after a half a day. Luckily my TA called me when she learned about it on a Saturday morning. I was able to get airfare for $190pp direct from NO to Miami. Even with air and hotel, it is still cheaper than sailing out of New Orleans or Galveston.

Dave

Hate to even mutter the word hurricane but

it's a calm season thus far compared to the past three years.

I believe this had led to more bookings and/or fewer cancellations.

Excellent point!

I think this factor could have quite a bit to do with increased demand.

El Nino is in effect this year, the climatologists tell us,

thus depressing convective(rain) activity,generally.

Here on the islands it's getting a bit dry, and we could use some rain

- but for now, let the sleeping dog lie,

and enjoy a relatively hurricane-free year! Shhhhh!

What diffrence does that make if you are home or not what can u do if you are there and the "H" hits?
It makes a LOT of difference if my child and MIL are at home in that house while we are cruising, thank you very much!! My POINT was, don't be wishing any hurricanes on us. :p If it were just the two of us, I'd MUCH rather be on a cruise ship than at home when a hurricane hits. We lived through three in a row in 2004 and don't wish to go through it again -- and what WE went through (lost roof, fence, some siding, etc.) was so MINOR in comparison to what the people in NOLA and Mississippi went through with Katrina.

Archived