Where are the CHEAP rates for fall cruising??

cruzin glory

Last September, we cruised back to back out of Port Canaveral on a 4 day for $159.00pp, and a 5 day for $199.00pp. Even the 7 day on Glory was only $349.00pp. This year we want to take my 2 yr old son and my grandmother on a 4 or 5 day out of Florida, and Carnival has nothing close to the deals of last year. The 7 day on Glory is over $900.00pp. RCC has a couple 4 days around $229.00pp Does anyone know when Carnival may lower their prices with a cruise sale. We have a tight window of opportunity with the first 2 weeks of Sept. as our only option. My DW is expecting our second child in December, and the cutoff window for her sailing is then. I know there haven't been any hurricanes yet, but there weren't that many last year either. Any ideas on why rates are still so high this year?

I have been wondering the same thing. We sailed last year on Oct 1 for $199 pp for 4 nights and nothing is close to that this year. We like to go for our anniversary and doesn't look like will this year.

we booked about a month out last year, and the rates kept falling. We got upgraded to OV and a $40 onboard credit for the 5 day cruise. I just can't believe that this many more people have booked in Sept this year vs last. Not to justify such price differences

Hate to even mutter the word hurricane but it's a calm season thus far compared to the past three years. I believe this had led to more bookings and/or fewer cancellations.

As a former Floridian I hope I didn't just jinx us all. :)

Enjoy the day!

I think you should have booked for Fall earlier. Week after week I watched the price rise on the cruise I was interested in for September from $619/balcony to $849 for the exact same cruise/balcony today. I finally made my reservation when I saw $729 at the end of June because I realized that if I really wanted to go, that I had better reserve it immediately. I too expected the price to drop and I was freaking out when the price kept rising before my eyes ...

I would suggest "fake booking" some cruises to see how many rooms are still available. That should let you know if there is a good chance of a prices drop - obviously the more rooms the better your chances.

We booked our Carnvail Valor cruise (Sept 2nd sailing) in Jan, since then it has almosted doubled. I looked the other day and there were only 2 rooms left in our category! Yikes.

Good luck - I hope you find something that works for you.

We got a great last minute deal on the Fantasy last December - my PVP says "those days are gone" - at least out of NOLA. Bookings are way up, and ships are selling out faster. I was hoping to sneak in another 4 or 5 day with the kids in between this upcoming cruise and the one we've booked for April. I already booked for next October, figuring the rates will only go UP if this year is any indication. Our Fantasy cruise for September 8 has already gone up about 30% to 40% from what we paid, and our category is sold out.

It actually is quite simple.

Katrina and Wilma hit in 2005. Most people on average book 9 months to a year in advance. They went to Alaska, Hawaii, and Europe leaving the Caribbean undersold with a lot of cabins for the 2006 summer/fall season.

Now fast forward, 2006 did not have much of a hurricane season. People are taking a chance again and the summer/fall season is getting heavy bookings.

Supply and demand. NCL has pulled out of Houston, Galveston is fixing to lose a couple of ships. Carnival is not doing a 7-day cruise out of New Orleans. This puts a heavier demand on the remaining ships and surrounding ports.

We have been blessed to be able to take advantage of those low fares. Heck, I sailed 7 times last year because the prices were too good to pass up. There are bargains out there, but you have to search for them.

Dave

There are some low prices on 3 or 4 day on RCCL, if you act fast on TravelZoo. I just got the "alert".

Of course you can get the same exact rates directly thru RCI. 9/24/07 still was showing $199 out of Port Canaveral this morning. But other dates have gone up. Maybe folks dont like those teensy tiny cabins?? Carnival Sensation prices are higher than RCI prices on the same # of days cruises.

I think my Carnival rates are up more than my RCI rates to be honest. Maybe a lot of folks are jumping on the fun ships band wagon. I dont see Voyager out of Galveston going up any more for next spring, but little Ecstasy is going up up up.

Im glad Im already booked. My PVP says rates out of Galveston dont look like they are coming down this year like before.

Looks as though RC will be seeing us when we take ou short "gimme a breaK" fall cruise. I hate that, but money's money.
I know what you mean. The only time we cruise with RCI is when they are considerably cheaper than Carnival. Although now that we are nearly Platinum with Carnival, I'm ignoring all the good rates on RCI. ;)

Hate to even mutter the word hurricane

but it's a calm season thus far

compared to the past three years.

That strange weather phenomenon called El Nino is with us, this year,

suppressing any and all rainfall-related activity in the Northern Atlantic.

here in Barbados, it's a DRY year so far, and we are almost praying for rain.

There's not going to be much hurricane activity this year.

We've been watching each chance-of-rain

wither and dissipate between Africa and these islands: it's depressing.

(On these small Carib. islands, rain = water = life itself)

so when you hit the showers at the beach,here

don't go crazy with the water, okay?

it doesn't come from Lake Superior.

We got a good rate last thursday on the one day sale we even got a 2 cat upgrade. Today I looked and th price has already jumped up and no upgrades available now... We paid 420.p/p cat 6c on the 5 night imagination plus the upgrade so I am excited....

That strange weather phenomenon called El Nino is with us, this year,

suppressing any and all rainfall-related activity in the Northern Atlantic.

here in Barbados, it's a DRY year so far, and we are almost praying for rain.

There's not going to be much hurricane activity this year.

We've been watching each chance-of-rain

wither and dissipate between Africa and these islands: it's depressing.

(On these small Carib. islands, rain = water = life itself)

so when you hit the showers at the beach,here

don't go crazy with the water, okay?

it doesn't come from Lake Superior.

Hummmmm! I wonder why then Invest 99L is rasing eye brows! I beg to differ on your estimate that it will not be an active year as SST's are on the rise and the westerly winds are relaxing as we speak. If Climo is correct I believe you will see an increase in tropical activity in the first two weeks of Aug. If you read Dr. Grey's report on 2007 he states that el nino will have no affect and that La Nina will start to influence the tropical atlantic. Bottom line active year!

I do hope you get some rain however.

I think most people now realize that if they can get to the port that they will cruise and that they might experiance some rough water but they will not be in the path of a storm. With that said bookings are up and so the suppy and demaind feature takes effect. Myself I alway's cruise in Jan., and then again in Oct. and maybe another throw in just cause.

Archived