Transportation from LHR to London Hotel

We will be arriving early AM at LHR airport and need transportation to the Crown Plaza London-St. James Hotel. We don't want to be lugging luggage on the underground in early AM. Can anyone recommend the best way to get to the Crown Plaza St. James. Our NCL package does not include transportation from the airport to the hotel, only from the hotel to the pier. We already purchased transportation back to the airport from the pier from NCL Thanks for your help!:confused:

In May we used Hotelink to get from LHR to the Crowne Plaza St. James.

http://www.hotelink.co.uk/

Same situation, we didn't want to schlep our luggage through the underground and I was concerned about fitting everything in a small cab. We arrived around 10am and got to the hotel around noon. They drop people off at various hotels, so you may get a tour before getting to the hotel.

Dave

A similar alternative to the Tube is to take the Heathrow Express, which involves rather less schlepping of luggage. This takes you to Paddington station, from where you easily can get a taxi to the Crowne Plaza. That would avoid the Hotelink tour of London.

Another alternative is just to get a taxi from Heathrow to your hotel.

A less attractive public transport alternative for your destination would be the National Express coach from Heathrow to Victoria coach station, from where you would again need to get a taxi to your hotel.

Otherwise, it's private car transfers, with all their uncertainties and pitfalls.

We used Eddie Manning on our last trip in July 2005 and stayed at 51 Buckingham Gate which is tied to your hotel. The service was great and his prices are great.

I prebooked the Heathrow Express for this weekend as it's just my daughter and I and kind of wish that I had just used Eddie again.

They drop people off at various hotels, so you may get a tour before getting to the hotel.

Absolutely the worst part of the service.

I thought, being as we had a hotel by the Gloucester Rd. tube station (which is a fairly westerly location as far as London goes), we'd be off the mini-bus fairly soon after hitting town. But oh no. It took almost an hour of dropping people off at various hotels further out before we even got close!

I wouldn't use them again.

Globaliser: May I please ask why you feel the National Express bus is not an attractive option? I was looking at a hotel very near Victoria Station (Victoria Park Plaza), thinking to take the bus to the coach station from the airport, and then a train to Dover from the train station. Thank you.

Absolutely the worst part of the service.

I thought, being as we had a hotel by the Gloucester Rd. tube station (which is a fairly westerly location as far as London goes), we'd be off the mini-bus fairly soon after hitting town. But oh no. It took almost an hour of dropping people off at various hotels further out before we even got close!

I wouldn't use them again.

I didn't mind it at all.

1. At that time of the morning our room wasn't ready anyway.

2. We had a nice conversation with a couple from Mexico City.

3. I kind of enjoyed seeing the area. Sort of like a mini-tour.

Dave

Here is the email. He's really great about getting back to you quickly.

http://www.eddiemanning.com/

We have used Eddie twice. He is right on time, and very professional. Last time we were in London, last December, he picked us Rubens Hotel and took us to Gatwick (in dense fog). Very dependable. We will use him on our next trip as well. Price was around 49 pounds. At the airport they stand in the arrival hall with your name on a placard, and help with luggage. Highly recommend.

does anyone know how much a taxi would cost from LHR to London central city?
£50-£60 would be about right, depending on the time of day. Taxis are less prone to being held up in traffic because they can use most bus lanes; other private car transfers can't. I posted this thread a couple of weeks ago.
Globaliser: May I please ask why you feel the National Express bus is not an attractive option? I was looking at a hotel very near Victoria Station (Victoria Park Plaza), thinking to take the bus to the coach station from the airport, and then a train to Dover from the train station.
If your hotel is very close to Victoria railway station, then the National Express coach makes more sense - particularly if you could walk from the coach station to your hotel. It just wasn't particularly good for the OP's destination (the Crowne Plaza St James).

If your hotel is very close to Victoria railway station, then the National Express coach makes more sense - particularly if you could walk from the coach station to your hotel. It just wasn't particularly good for the OP's destination (the Crowne Plaza St James).

Been there, done that.....in the rain. It was a bit of a hike. It looked closer on the map. :)

Dave

Our first trip to London we used the transportation ressie link on londontown.com. We ended up with Krest, and they were fantastic!

Now, the different options londontown.com will give you is private or shared. We took shared, because it's much cheaper, but we were the only ones they picked up. So, at the most we would have gone to one other hotel, but we ended up with direct service.

Our second trip this past April/May we took the National Express from Heathrow to Victoria Station, and that worked very well. But, as Globaliser said, our hotel was close to the station.

Another suggestion is to call the hotel and see what they can arrange for you. I noticed our hotel in the Victoria area had transportation available, and the prices seemed reasonable. Maybe the OP's hotel has some services they contract with regularly?

Archived