Voyager vibration

med4bike

Having cruised on the Voyager before, we know there is a vibration problem in the aft section of the ship.

How far forward would there be no vibration at all. More specifically, we could be midship on deck 7 or more towards the aft of the ship on deck 8 ( cabin 854)

Since all of the cabins in E and F are the same size, the decks should not really matter ( or should they) The difference in price from an F on deck 7 to an E on deck 8 is negligible.

What do the experts say? An F midship on deck 7 or a cabin closer to the aft elevators on deck 8?

Thanks

I think anything behind the laundry room would be fine. We were in 747 which is midship and felt no vibration at all. In the laundry room (was there several times when we were moving on seadays), I felt only what I would call normal movement for a ship at sea.

Truly the only time I felt any undue vibration at all was in the Cordon Bleu restaurant one night. It was pretty severe, but only lasted 10 about 10 minutes. I wouldn't have been happy if it had been in my room while I was trying to rest or sleep.

We almost slept too restfully in 747--lulled by the slight motion of the ship, it was hard to wake up.

RachelG:

Do you mean "anything in FRONT of the laundry room would be fine?" At approximately the location of each deck's laundry room and behind (toward the stern) is where we found the beginnings of the vibration -- which became worse the further toward the stern one went. Toward the bow from the laundry rooms, everything seemed smooth.

I went on a Baltic cruise and stayed in cabin 758 -- there was no vibration.

But once I ate in La Veranda restaurant and sat towards the balcony area, I could feel vibration, even the light fittings and my glass of water were vibrating.

All right folks, you have got me concerned. I was thinking about booking one of the "cheap seats", well relatively speaking, which is in Cat H and is one of the back 10 suites on Deck 6, on the Voyager.

Someone mentioned that this vibration tends to be worse on higher decks, so does that mean that 6 is OK, or is it still bad, but not as bad as other decks?

Any other reasons to avoid Cat H?

TIA

PS First time poster and soon to be? first time cruiser.

Well, not really. After our category C Horizon suite experience, I would not book a suite as far to the stern as the category H suites on deck six. And our suite was on deck 7, and another stern suite I visited that shook like the dickens was on deck 9.

Here is the rule (that I have decided for my own bookings in the future). I will not book aft of the laundry room location on the deck involved. From that point forward, I could never feel any shaking or vibration at all. But note that these problems do not arise full blown once once takes a single step aft of the laundry room. Rather, it is a progressive problem that becomes worse the farther back you go. So if I were presented with a very good deal on a category H suite that was maybe only a couple of suites aft of the laundry location, I might take it and just expect a comparitively small amount of vibration. But the category H suites on deck six are just too far aft for me to want to chance them.

Archived