Princess coupon book, $240 value onboard coupons

pgmrdev

It depends what interests you. I don't think I've ever used any of the coupons. I think one coupon gives you 10% off boutique purchases after you've spent the first $250 (or something like that). Another coupon is dollars off a photo package.

If you are having breakfast on deck, and your table is a tad uneven, then put the coupon book under one of the legs to even it out. Probably the very best use of the coupon book.

Love it!!!!!:p

We did not get the $240 coupon book but did get two $120 books when we sailed on Star Princess. Are they combining the value of both books to advertise it as $240?

The only thing we used and I don't know if the new books will have the same ones was the Internet coupon- spend $10 and get $5 off. With the new rates, I guess that won't be hard to reach now :rolleyes: . The other was buy one get one free at the speciality ice cream spot which I think was called the Scoop or something like that onboard.

There was a thread on this forum regarding the coupon books so if you do a seach I think someone posted a complete list at that time. Don't know if they have different books for the different sailings, ie Med versus Caribbean, etc.

Julia

The only thing we used and I don't know if the new books will have the same ones was the Internet coupon- spend $10 and get $5 off. With the new rates, I guess that won't be hard to reach now.

The internet doesn't do anything for us since as a Platinum Captains Circle member we get free internet access anyway. Thanks for the responses.

My TA has a sale next week and it gives 50pp obc and reduced deposit and those books but she listed it as two 120. books, anyhow we used the match bet coupons before and the free drink but a lot of them you really need to spend some big bucks to get the value, oh the internet one is pretty good too if you are not high enough in the captains circle to get a break

My TA has a sale next week and it gives 50pp obc and reduced deposit and those books but she listed it as two 120.

Many have the Princess sale this week. I booked a Panama Canal cruise today with this special including the books, $50pp obc and $100pp deposit.

If you are having breakfast on deck, and your table is a tad uneven, then put the coupon book under one of the legs to even it out. Probably the very best use of the coupon book.

We had one of those tables:eek: I wish I would have thought of this!

I have been told, on a very confidential basis (hush hush), that in order to augment coupon book sales we will soon hear the refrain 'Welcome Princess shoppers..' on an hourly basis. Princess has decided to omit the 'we sell for less' part of the announcement and are currently undecided on those regular 'CSM to the front cash' announcements. Time will tell.

Limited? How so? The only limited I know of is that it must be done in the cafe and not through any cabin access as wireless.

SURPRISE......It's been discussed on this board many times. Unlimited has gone away- has been for months- and now you get a credit towards your internet account worth xx amount of dollars. If you go over that "credited" amount, you pay. So don't hurry to throw away the internet coupons because your " Platinum Captains Circle member". If your on the internet alot, you will use up that credit. Although IMHO I don't see how any can.

Check out the princess website as they have alot of information in the Captains Circle area and a FAQ section as well.

And for anyone else reading this, the "special" - if you like to call it that - coupons are not the same ones everyone gets in their cabins. About 2 or 3 are worth keeping the rest can be used for the table legs.

I have been told, on a very confidential basis (hush hush), that in order to augment coupon book sales we will soon hear the refrain 'Welcome Princess shoppers..' on an hourly basis. Princess has decided to omit the 'we sell for less' part of the announcement and are currently undecided on those regular 'CSM to the front cash' announcements. Time will tell.

next announcement:

"Cleanup on Dolphin Deck 9!"

And for anyone else reading this, the "special" - if you like to call it that - coupons are not the same ones everyone gets in their cabins. About 2 or 3 are worth keeping the rest can be used for the table legs.

Sorry, but that is incorrect as for the same ones "everyone" gets in their cabin. I've never, repeat, never ever seen them before in all my Princess cruises. Maybe I didn't make that clear enough, never ..........

You have to spend a lot to enjoy the 10-20% savings. And mostly on stuff that we had no interest in buying. Spa discounts are probably the most worthwhile.

Ah yes the Homer Simpson economic theroy # 27. See how much money we're saving Marge by using all these coupon

DOH!

The ones we got were just for us..not for everyone. Our TA may have got them for us. We also got one somewhere on board. They were just about identical in their intent and their value to us. I hope that you got something completely different, both of ours were a bunch a rubbish.

I think there is some confusion here. The coupon book that all pax get in their cabins is called Passport to Savings coupons. It is completely worthless. The other coupon book is one (or two) that is provided by your TA and has a few worthwhile things in it.

The only thing we found of value in the Passport to Savings Book was a coupon for the coffee card. I think it was basically 15 specialty coffees for the price of 14, and it entitled you to free brewed coffee (which otherwise would cost $1.00 outside of the dining room). But on the Diamond Princess, there were only 2 bars that you could use for the brewed coffee - the bar on Deck 3 or 4 and the Calypso Bar on Deck 14. and you could only get one cup of coffee at a time.:rolleyes: So DH would get one and I would go back in 2 minutes for another.

Archived