Pacific Star

rockie

Hi All,Thought I would share some information I just received from Aunt Frog in an email. She said that the divers were in the water today under the Star in Vila. By the looks of it she may still have a few problems.Charmain:)

Lets hope everything is OK.......

Who knows ......

one day P&O might actually tell us what is going on......

I hope she comes back ok too. Brisbane, Gold and Sunshine Coast has had Shocking weather this week. Very strong winds and a ton of rain (Yeh, I know we need it!) Lets hope she doesnt cop any bad weather on her return on Saturday morning. Fingers crossed

I hope she comes back ok too. Brisbane, Gold and Sunshine Coast has had Shocking weather this week. Very strong winds and a ton of rain (Yeh, I know we need it!) Lets hope she doesnt cop any bad weather on her return on Saturday morning. Fingers crossed

Geri (ducknchook) is on the Gold Coast at the moment and said the weather is awful, and she thought she was going to get a head start on her tan!!

Chez

xx

Glad to hear all is going well for the Star and the cruisers :)

I remember when we ran ashore on the Sky they kept announcing that skin divers would be "assessing the integrity of the hull" before we could move on.

Perhaps that's what was happening in Vila? With all the little patch jobs we saw on it on Saturday it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to keep check on it ;)

I'm sure all will return happy, healthy and tanned with lots of wonderful stories to tell :)

Looks like Star is going to get another pounding on her way back to Brisbane.

NZ met office have a gale warning out for the area SW of Noumea, with SE winds of 35 knots.

This is part of the system that has brought record winds & driving rain to SE Queensland for the last few days.

We have had 8 inches of rain & Maleny.

John

I heard third-hand from the mother of a crew mwmbr that the real reason for the "shortest cruise" and the dash back to dry dock in Brisbane was that she was leaking badly and that some of the crew accomodation up near the bow was not habitable. I can't vouch for the trruth of the story but it fits with the known facts and the list which a previous poster noted a few pages back.

I can't help feeling very sorry for the peope who got their cruise curtailed, particularly those I feel I know through this board. I am very grateful that we had a really good trip in July, the last one before the first storm and resulting damage.

Weather is still horrid here on the Sunshine Coast lots of rain and windy but not the winds of yesterday and the day before, according to the weather bureau conditions are due to ease up this afternoon which will be a blessing seeing they are heading toward us. Is this going to be the start of an active cylcone season for us....guess we will just have to wait and see it's been a long time coming. cheers shiona

Archived