Anyone having trouble getting back to "normal" after a cruise?

barbiedoll54

We got back from our cruise to Alaska on the Voldendam on July 22. After unpacking and putting things away and getting the house back in order we have tried to get back into a routine. Our usual is to go out to lunch or dinner several times a week. It is not the same as onboard the ship. Service is slower and I do miss the warm welcome like we got while onboard the ship. DH is even more impatient than ever. I attribute it to the fact that we had such superb service onboard that we had gotten spoiled. Does anyone else seem to have the same problem after getting back from a cruise?

Barbiedoll54

It is so hard to get back to reality after Alaska. I even miss the long days even though I didn't think I could get used to them. I guess I'll have to plan another cruise real soon. I could get used tothe good life in a big hurry.

Barbiedoll54

Photododdle - I LOVE your pictures. I am jealous! You are quite the photographer. What kind of camera did you use?

Barbiedoll54

Hi Barbie,

Thanks for your kind words. I used a pretty fancy-schmancy Canon dSLR and a zoom lens. I don't want to bore you if you're not into photo gear. You can see more details, if you want, in my review (link below)

Yes, I have problems adjusting to normal but normal now is starting to plan for another cruise. Right now I have 30 something days until Alaska and it is extremely hot here in FL. but I am also looking into a cruise in the spring. Addicted!

I think we are just getting back to "normal" after our Zuiderdam Panama Canal transit returned May 8!! We still have the little laundry tags on our clothes... and though we are using the recipes we got from our mixology classes, the drinks don't taste quite as good.

We just decided to take the Ryndam to the Sea of Cortez next spring, and the excitement of planning that one helps! :cool:

I am researching a cruise to Hawaii. Next year is our 30th wedding anniversary. It is much more exciting than the cooking, cleaning, shopping and other day to day responsibilities. But even with the planning I wish I could walk down the hall and have Jheirny fix me a coctail of the day before wandering off to be served dinner. What a sweet reminder it is to take off those little laundry tags when you find them. I love being pampered!

Barbiedoll54

Archived