Dining Dress Code

wernew2cruising

What would you like to see Princess do regarding the dress code?  

491 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see Princess do regarding the dress code?

• Exactly follow dress code.
    • Loosen dress code except on formal nights. (no jeans)
    • Loosen dress code every night. ( no jeans)
    • Jeans allowed
    • Anything allowed every night (no bathing suits)

Check it out http://learnthenet.com/english/glossary/imho.htm

HUMBLE is correct. How could it be honest if it is just your opinion??

Ron

A person might not be giving a honest opinion if they are lying and trying to stir the pot. They could be lying that it is their opinion. It might not be their true opinion.

I choose not to use the word humble to describe my opinion, or the acronym IMHO. I'll leave that hypocrisy to you. As far as how to express one's opinion in an open forum, I see very little to learn from in yours. I've seen your comments on the British, Canadians, French and Germans (and there are probably many more). Not something I want to emulate.

Left, left, right. Wow what a great battle. Let's see, Super Hero vs. Brain frozen villian from the North country. What a battle folks.

Left, left, right. Wow what a great battle. Let's see, Super Hero vs. Brain frozen villian from the North country. What a battle folks.

Actually my brain has defrosted by mid-August--the only residual effect is a little bit of freezer burn.

Actually my brain has defrosted by mid-August--the only residual effect is a little bit of freezer burn.

Yes, but it is ready to start again. I spent one year in study in St. Paul. We had snow and sleet the first football game and that was the last weekend in August.

Yes, but it is ready to start again. I spent one year in study in St. Paul. We had snow and sleet the first football game and that was the last weekend in August.

So we have 2 things in common. I lived in Tucson for about 5 years in my younger days.

In my opinion, jeans are not the most comfortable garments to wear if you have a little extra around the middle.

If you are flying, they are heavier than regular slacks and you need to take that into consideration.

Once of the nicer parts of cruising is being able to dress up for dinner and make use of all those dressy clothes than otherwise would sit in the back of your closet.

I would much rather make my feet happy by not wearing heels than to worry about fitting into a tight pair of jeans!

MARAPRINCE

The whole jeans issue seems kind of passe now.

Designs are once again showing dresses and the stores are selling them so fast they can't keep them on the rack! The trend is toward more femine attire after going so far the other way with so much of the clothing out there not really flattering to women in general. A-line skirts and fuller skirts are back.

Plus, the higher end designer are once again showing wider leg pants with regular waist bands.

Fashion is going in a different direction than the cruise industry is!

MARAPRINCE

The whole jeans issue seems kind of passe now.

Designs are once again showing dresses and the stores are selling them so fast they can't keep them on the rack! The trend is toward more femine attire after going so far the other way with so much of the clothing out there not really flattering to women in general. A-line skirts and fuller skirts are back.

Plus, the higher end designer are once again showing wider leg pants with regular waist bands.

Fashion is going in a different direction than the cruise industry is!

MARAPRINCE

Passe? Not hardly. Jeans are a casual-wear staple and they aren't going anywhere soon.

I guess those that care about the latest trendy fashion would care that some designer wants your waist band to be regular and pants wide-legged but, most so-called fashion trends are over before the masses ever think about owning them.

IMO -- the everyday person just isn't changing out their wardrobe to make room for a whole closet full of the latest trend. Especially not for casual wear. Jeans and other comfortable staples are here to stay.

Jeans don't have to be tight around the waist, try some that fit you better. You also don't have to wear jeans to fly, wear whatever you want.

But some people prefer jeans, so each to his own!

I don't really understand why everyone should have to dress up on formal night. With airline restrictions being tighter than ever, leaving the formal clothes at home for those that want to, should absolutely be an option. I have sailed on Norwegian before where dress up nights are optional. We never saw anyone take advantage of this. People looked appropriate for any dining area. Just think that vacation should be vacation and I understand no shorts or torn clothing....more so no stinky clothing!! And as we are going there, why not ban all perfume and let everyone wear their jammies to dinner?? I don't really think it matters what others are wearing unless it is totally inappropriate in any situation? By that, I mean ...someone's breasts or buttocks are overly esposed and no hats. Nice jeans and sandals should be fine.

Archived