Live from the Liberty of the Seas - 8/18/07

Daghis

Hi

Can you tell me what your operating system is on your laptop? When I was on MOS last year, my laptop had problem in getting connected through the cybercabin because it was an XP.

Now with Windows Vista released, I wonder if anyone knows whether the WiFi will work with XP and Vista?

Hi

Can you tell me what your operating system is on your laptop? When I was on MOS last year, my laptop had problem in getting connected through the cybercabin because it was an XP.

Now with Windows Vista released, I wonder if anyone knows whether the WiFi will work with XP and Vista?

This computer is running Windows XP Professional SP2 with built-in WiFi. It's working just fine (albeit using 802.11b since it doesn't have .11g built-in). I would imagine Vista would work just fine as well since WiFi is OS-independent.

so let us know how you are enjoying your cruise,never mind about your computer problems with the web, how is the weather, how are the shows,dont spend all your vacation time on the computer ,enjoy yourself.

I'm enjoying the cruise quite nicely! The weather has been fantastic. I spent a couple hours out on the Sports Deck trying out Flowrider! I did it three times and plan to do it some more. I wish now that I didn't have excursions planned with the kids on Labadee (Aqua Park and water slide) as I'd use that time to ride the Flowrider some more when fewer people are around. DH got a video of it, and another CruiseCritic-er's wife took a video and I'm told "It's going up on YouTube!" :D

I am looking forward to Labadee tomorrow. It'll be neat to play with the kids in the water on the slide and at the aqua parks.

I'll be seeing "In the Air" tonight, and I'm sure it'll be great.

Daghis.

Get.

Off.

The.

Computer.

Spend some time with DH & the boys. You're on VACA. I'm glad you weren't affected by the storm, as far as that goes. I'm ecstatic that you're having a wonderful time. I'm sorry we're leaving just as you're coming back (2 ships that pass in the night?? :D )

But get off the computer. Troubleshooting network issues & worrying about work??? Babe, everything on your home servers looks good from this end. And you know how I feel about work - and I'm refusing to let it even enter my thoughts while we're cruising wherever it is we're going to end up cruising next week. :)

If DH doesn't smack you, I might, mon ami! :) And tell him I said that!

Actually, spending time reading the forums and doing a quick check of e-mail is part of my relaxing time. And I'm not worrying about work... I only did the technical troubleshooting so I could help Royal Caribbean improve their service; they can't improve what they don't know about, right? :)

And DH has been reading his e-mail, too, so nyah! :p

Actually, spending time reading the forums and doing a quick check of e-mail is part of my relaxing time. And I'm not worrying about work... I only did the technical troubleshooting so I could help Royal Caribbean improve their service; they can't improve what they don't know about, right? :)

And DH has been reading his e-mail, too, so nyah! :p

You tell him I'm going to smack HIM, too.

You ARE coming to NYE again this year, right? ;)

I hope the boys are having fun - I can't wait to hear all about it.

We just got our itinerary change - they put in Key West (eh) and Progreso in place of Costa Maya & Belize, and shifted Cozumel to Tuesday from Monday. All excursions appear to have been cancelled (boo) so we have to re-book what we had planned for Cozumel, and of course we can't do that online, because it's too close.

I'll be on my way to Orlando in 12 hours! :)

DAGHIS

cant help

it

he is

addicted to the computer

like the rest

of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hawk

what did you think of the AOS?

I just got done reading some bad threads saying how dirty

the ship was and about the poor dining room service.

I had planned on going on that ship next summer but

now I dont know...

DAGHIS

hawk

what did you think of the AOS?

I just got done reading some bad threads saying how dirty

the ship was and about the poor dining room service.

I had planned on going on that ship next summer but

now I dont know...

We loved the AOS, and found the dining rooms service to be excellent - only the highest of praise for all involved.

The ship is showing signs of wear, but I never once felt that it was dirty. There were some places where the carpet was a bit worn, and the putt-putt course definitely needed new turf. But really, nothing that should turn anyone off. In fact, I don't recall any other major issues/stains/holes or anything like that. Plus, as I understand it, all the ships have the new bedding, so that right there would spruce up all the rooms.

I would say, book away, and bon voyage!:D

Are you staying in Miami after the cruise, or headed home right away?

We're flying out on Saturday afternoon, so we have a little time to kill, but I suspect that after being carried off the ship by the security officers, we'll head straight for the airport and try to relax there before our flights home.

Does the ship have a Martini Bar?:p

Yes, I think so. They have one called "Olive or Twist" (I guess a play on "Oliver Twist") that I'd presume to be the martini bar.

We just got our itinerary change - they put in Key West (eh) and Progreso in place of Costa Maya & Belize, and shifted Cozumel to Tuesday from Monday. All excursions appear to have been cancelled (boo) so we have to re-book what we had planned for Cozumel, and of course we can't do that online, because it's too close.

Oh, man... I'd be sad about that! I'd love to go to Costa Maya and Belize. I've been to Key West and it wasn't quaint enough to be exciting. :) I don't know Progreso.

The only itinerary update we had was having some extra company (Carnival Triumph in San Juan and Explorer of the Seas in St. Maarten). That didn't affect us, though, just a few extra bodies on the island.

thanks hawk for your advice.

we just wanted to do the southern route... have been on the

eastern and western several times.. wanted a change so thats

why I was looking into the AOS.. but I have doubts after

just getting off the Liberty last week... I wonder if anything

can compare! I LOVE new ships.....

and we LOVED the LIBERTY ..we enjoyed so much on that ship ... the 70's party was soooooooooo much fun, the parades

were cool, ice skating, water park, pools,, on and on....

thanks hawk for your advice.

we just wanted to do the southern route... have been on the

eastern and western several times.. wanted a change so thats

why I was looking into the AOS.. but I have doubts after

just getting off the Liberty last week... I wonder if anything

can compare! I LOVE new ships.....

and we LOVED the LIBERTY ..we enjoyed so much on that ship ... the 70's party was soooooooooo much fun, the parades

were cool, ice skating, water park, pools,, on and on....

And now my question to you - did you find that Liberty was just out of control with kids or rude people? I just read another review of your sailing that made everything sound horrendous, so now I am slightly worried. I realize that every sailing is different, but it also doesn't sound like RCCL is enforcing many of the fundamental rules so that it could be unsafe.

But I'm with you, I am afraid that for me it will always be the bigger and newer ships that hold the most appeal. I'm not afraid of Genesis :)

As for OSU, what does he teach? I graduated (ahem) a few years ago :)

What company do you work for? I actually live in Columbus, but work in Delaware - don't know if you know where that is. Small town that used to be in the sticks but now is a bedroom community for CMH.

And now my question to you - did you find that Liberty was just out of control with kids or rude people? I just read another review of your sailing that made everything sound horrendous, so now I am slightly worried. I realize that every sailing is different, but it also doesn't sound like RCCL is enforcing many of the fundamental rules so that it could be unsafe.

Neither DH nor I encountered any problem with "out of control" kids or rude people. Perhaps we were fortunate, but we found everyone to be nice and pleasant. Plus, we didn't encounter a single elevator with any extra buttons pressed. :)

Neither DH nor I encountered any problem with "out of control" kids or rude people. Perhaps we were fortunate, but we found everyone to be nice and pleasant. Plus, we didn't encounter a single elevator with any extra buttons pressed. :)

Thanks, I also was reading the other thread and was also getting worried. We are sailing on her March 1st, we cruised last year on the radiance and had a wonderful vacation. So this year we thought we would try Liberty and we are going with another family who have never been on a vacation before and I so want this to be a great vacation for them. So again thanks for putting my mind at rest.

Thanks! The other post made it sound as though the zookeepers had left all the cage doors open. But they also said that there family is very quiet and sedate and prefers to spend time in their cabin or the library, so maybe it's all just perspective.

I can't believe that in less than a week, we will be in Miami!!! Though now DH is worried about all the Castro rumors and what MIA might be like, so I guess some people are just always looking for something to be worried about. ;)

Enjoy your last night, Daghis!!! Thanks for all of the info - MUCH appreciated!

i must have missed the answer (although i think i've read everything) as to who is the captain and who is the cruise director.

thanx,:confused:

The Cruise Director this week has been Marc Walker, but I understand he's going to be on vacation next week. The Master has been Captain Charles Teige.

Can you get 2 for 1 drink coupons for participating in various onboard activites.

I didn't see any. There are "Vitality" dollars that one can earn for certain physical activities that can be traded in for "Vitality"-branded trinkets (T-shirts, sports bottles, etc.). At the bingo games, they gave away a lot of T-shirts and various Royal Caribbean or Corona-branded items (key tags, luggage tags, bottle openers, even some "Bingo" dogs).

We did get the 2-for-1 drink coupons from our Gold-level Crown & Anchor booklets, but as a note, you can't use those coupons on many of the drinks advertised in the drink listings you find at the bar as those use "top shelf" liquors, and those aren't valid for the coupons. We did find a very nice bar service person who made us some frozen drinks using the "cheap" stuff so we could use our coupon. :)

Daghis,

Thanks so much for the live thread. I've tried to keep up with it this week. We will be sailing NEXT Saturday. Can't believe it's finally here, our group booked this cruise ONE YEAR ago......

Do you happen to remember what night the "Quest" game was played???? Thanks for the info.

Hope you're enjoying your evening.

Pat

Do you happen to remember what night the "Quest" game was played???? Thanks for the info.

I'll have to double-check the Compasses I brought home, but I think it was on Thursday night (the last "at sea" day).

Archived