Live from the Liberty of the Seas - 8/18/07

Daghis

Good morning! It's a nice morning with occasional lightning peeking out from distant thunderstorms.

We've just seen Liberty of the Seas pull into the Port of Miami and what a sight she was to see! She's now docked at the pier, and I would imagine that there are lots of unhappy people on board who are sad to leave, but in doing so, they'll be making room for those of us who are ready to start our week of adventure!

Liberty-1.jpg

Oh, and I want to add just how spectacular it was to watch her sail into the port and she kept getting bigger and bigger!

We had dinner at Bayside Marketplace yesterday evening and watched the Fascination and the Majesty of the Seas sail away, and it was marvelous to consdier that the Liberty of the Seas was larger in size than those two ships put together!

Seeing her docked over there, however, just doesn't do that thought justice. I just cannot wait for four more hours until we're actually at the pier and get to see her from a much closer vantage point!

Have a great vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure we will!

Sorry to have to leave her!

That last morning is always the hardest. It's hard to go from having a week of feeling so welcomed and everyone's so happy to being quickly dismissed off the ship as persona non grata. :(

Oh, and I want to add just how spectacular it was to watch her sail into the port and she kept getting bigger and bigger!

We had dinner at Bayside Marketplace yesterday evening and watched the Fascination and the Majesty of the Seas sail away, and it was marvelous to consdier that the Liberty of the Seas was larger in size than those two ships put together!

Seeing her docked over there, however, just doesn't do that thought justice. I just cannot wait for four more hours until we're actually at the pier and get to see her from a much closer vantage point!

What time does she sail in to the port, will be on her in October

Thanks

Just wondering what hotel are you staying at and where did you eat at Bayside yesterday?

We're staying at the Holiday Inn. We've got a nice view of the ship from our room, so we're happy.

At Bayside, we just went up to the food court and got several different fast food options. My kids got pizza and Chinese, I had steak and DH had middle eastern. We had an early and simple dinner since we hadn't eaten since breakfast due to the mid-day traveling. We're saving the "good" dinners for the ship! :D

Daghis, I know you're going to have a great time. We were on the Freedom last year in Sept. and we stayed at the Holiday Inn also and watched the Freedom pull up. If memory serves me correctly it was around 5:30 a.m. Could have been closer to 7a.m. Gee, a senior moment.

Anyway it was thrilling to watch the ship dock and it was all lit up. Amazing:D

I will be glued to the internet next week (everyday) cruising along with you!!!:D :)

Hi Daghis.... I know I don't have to tell you to have a great trip because I know you will. Thanks for posting during your week you can bet I will be checking in.. My friends & I sail on her next April and we too will be staying the night before at the Holiday Inn across the street. I can't wait. ENJOY !!!!!

..and thank you Daghis for posting live. I will be watching along with the others. One thing I was wondering, do they have theme nights (Caribbean, 50's, etc.) in the dining room? Very hard to prepare/pack for a theme night when you don't know in advance what the themes will be.:confused:

Daghis,

Will you PLEASE check two places for me. It will put a stop to the CC rumors about the famous Julian. Will you go by the Concierge Lounge and the Diamond C&A Lounge and see if Julian is working in either of those places? PLEASE! If he's not there, we might assume he is back on the Enchantment of the Sea where he belongs.

Just a quick check by you will be SOOO helpful to many of us I'm sure.

Gina

Daghis ~ great a live thread from this sailing of Liberty. My son Matt and his 3 buddies are on this sailing. Actually one of his friends posted a few times on your rollcall way back when Dbrads was his screen name.

I am so there with them and will be watching the Miami webcam for sailaway in about 1 hour.

If you see any of them tell them Emmy (mom)said hello :) actually they are all like my sons.

Have a wonderful cruise. I managed to get on Liberty in May on a pre inaugural.

So my question would be 'who is the cruise director" ? and let us know if Hurricane Dean changes your itinerary at all.

Here is photo of the 4 of them four years ago when they sailed on Voyager

2654415470092706180S425x425Q85.jpg

:cool: Hello Everyone...My name is Beau...This is a message to Ctcruising...Please, and come join us at the "LOSties" Thread...At least this is what we are calling our group...(unless you have a better name):D . We are a fun group and just want to met and greet our fellow cruisers!!!! Daghis...Have a great cruise...Let us know what to not to miss and what to pass by....Thanks...Bon Voyage!!!! Don't let the mean guy Dean spoil your vacation!!!!:eek: :D

I'll be sailing Liberty in September...& will be reading your posts...THX FOR POSTING!!! One question...could you post the Interent fees & if you can use a lap top in your cabin...thx a lot. Smooth sailing...& may Dean be not seen!!! :)

..and thank you Daghis for posting live. I will be watching along with the others. One thing I was wondering, do they have theme nights (Caribbean, 50's, etc.) in the dining room? Very hard to prepare/pack for a theme night when you don't know in advance what the themes will be.:confused:

There are at least two theme nights. I know that there is a Caribbean night at some point, but I forget when and also a Venetian Feast. You might want to check at CruiseDailies.com to pull up the Liberty of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean itinerary - to see what it says. I'll post what I do find out otherwise. So far, I've not seen any themes for Saturday or Sunday (Days 1 & 2).

Will you PLEASE check two places for me. It will put a stop to the CC rumors about the famous Julian. Will you go by the Concierge Lounge and the Diamond C&A Lounge and see if Julian is working in either of those places? PLEASE! If he's not there, we might assume he is back on the Enchantment of the Sea where he belongs.

I'll see what I can do. As I'm not otherwise qualified to be in those locations, I'll see what I can dig up. I might simply ask at Guest Relations and see what they say.

One question...could you post the Interent fees & if you can use a lap top in your cabin...thx a lot. Smooth sailing...& may Dean be not seen!!! :)

Dean is hundreds of miles away. At its closest during our journey (tomorrow around midnight), the Captain has said that we'll be around 300 miles away from it.

The Internet base fee is $0.50/minute. I'm using my Crown & Anchor coupon which gives me a $5 credit, which it seems to be applying at that $0.50/minute rate. I thought there were package rates (such as $50 for 150 minutes), but I've not seen that yet. Perhaps after my coupon expires.

I did find out that the unlimited dial-up access program called CyberCabin is not available on the Liberty of the Seas. I'm a little disappointed since I was going to do that and be able to surf without having to watch the clock.

Thx for the Internet info...That .50 a minute is posted on their web site...but it also mentions a package plan...hope you find it & it may be a better deal. And it is not in the cabin? Oh well...I'll be in my pj's using it at weird hours in the atrium? :eek:

Continued smooth sailing...keep posting...really enjoy live reports:)

Thx for the Internet info...That .50 a minute is posted on their web site...but it also mentions a package plan...hope you find it & it may be a better deal. And it is not in the cabin? Oh well...I'll be in my pj's using it at weird hours in the atrium? :eek:

Continued smooth sailing...keep posting...really enjoy live reports:)

with package plan it works out to be approx. $.33 per minute, I'm sure someone here will have the full details

I'll see what I can do. As I'm not otherwise qualified to be in those locations, I'll see what I can dig up. I might simply ask at Guest Relations and see what they say.

Daghis,

Thank you for your willingness to find out something. At this time it won't be necessary. It has been 100% confirmed that Julian is back on board the Enchantment of the Seas and the rumors that he is on Liberty are over. One day he may be somewhere else, but for now it's EOS.

Archived