Bedding ???

TRadle

Is X planning on changing all the bedding in the fleet like they did on Royal Caribbean? I was reading a different thread and there were several comments on the bad beds on X. The beds of Freedom of the Seas were fantastic. Since RC and X are owned by the same company I was wondering if the bedding would be the same.

11.gif Thanks!

Is X planning on changing all the bedding in the fleet like they did on Royal Caribbean? I was reading a different thread and there were several comments on the bad beds on X. The beds of Freedom of the Seas were fantastic. Since RC and X are owned by the same company I was wondering if the bedding would be the same.

11.gif Thanks!

My understanding is that Celebrity has changed all the bedding on its ships over the course of the last year. The change did not take place all at once so the bad comments on bedding were probably from before the bedding on a particular ship was changed.

That’s good to know! The bed this year on Freedom was so much better than the bed we had on Adventure. Our next cruise is without the extended family and we want to get back to Celebrity! After reading those posts I got a tad concerned! All's good now. 2.gif

I have the egg crate toppers put on the bed even if the bed doesn't really need it. When they push the two beds together for two people...it makes the unconforable annoying crack in the beds middle more tollerable.

Hi,

This will be my first cruise on Celebrity in Feb 08. I cruised on RC just this past February and LOVED the beds and bedding!! Here's my dilemna, I'm sharing a room and will be using the fold out couch:eek: and we know how notorious they can be. If I can request a egg crate, wow, that would be great. What do I need to do?

Thanks for all your help.....love these boards!

Donna

Hi,

This will be my first cruise on Celebrity in Feb 08. I cruised on RC just this past February and LOVED the beds and bedding!! Here's my dilemna, I'm sharing a room and will be using the fold out couch:eek: and we know how notorious they can be. If I can request a egg crate, wow, that would be great. What do I need to do?

Thanks for all your help.....love these boards!

Donna

Hi Donna, let your cabin attendant know what you need.

They should have no problem providing you with an egg crate.

Hi Donna, let your cabin attendant know what you need.

They should have no problem providing you with an egg crate.

Thanks Lois,

My DS says she's even seen people bring them (egg crates) on board with them when she's boarded. Buy them in town they embark on and just leave them behind after the cruise is done. I'm just a titch worried of "whose" perhaps I might be using????? Probably nothing, since it's X!

Donna

I have the egg crate toppers put on the bed even if the bed doesn't really need it. When they push the two beds together for two people...it makes the unconforable annoying crack in the beds middle more tollerable.

Can we request this with our reservation ahead of time? Or do I have to wait until boarding..?

I don't know if you can request one a head of time . However I do know they only have so many of the egg grate toppers available so request one as soon as you see your room attendant. If you take a "wait and see" attitude, they might be all gone by the time you decide you really want one. You can always have it removed if you decide you don't want it. I had two on our last cruise and slept like a baby! MG :)

I waited until the second day to request one and had no problem getting it. I was somewhat concerned that I wouldn't get it since I've seen on these boards that they don't have as many as they used to since the switch to new beds. However, Robert, our cabin steward, was able to get me one. The only reason I requested one is that I have a bad hip and found the mattress to be a bit too hard on my hip. I'm used to a temperpedic mattress so I think my hip made the egg crate a necessity. Gave me a bit more cushion and a little less pain. My husband slept just fine on the new mattress.

Kathleen

Archived