Two Queens and Sun Princess 24th February

cheznandy

For those interested in this event heres what I can find on Sydney Ports website:

Saturday 23rd Feb QV arrives 7am Over Seas Passenger Terminal

Sunday 24th Feb QE11 arrives 7am Garden Island

Sunday 24th Feb Sun Princess arrives 7am Wharf 8

Sunday 24th Feb Sun Princess departs 4pm

Sunday 24th Feb Q/V departs 6.30pm

Sunday 24th Feb QE11 departs Garden Island 6.30pm and docks at OPT

Monday 25th Feb QE11 departs 4.30pm

Think this is all correct, so looks like the best time to go and see all of them will be Sunday afternoon. We will be down there seeing friends off, I know some of you are interested in a harbour cruise so I will make few enquiries and come back with some prices:)

Chez (the social secretary)

xx

Think this is all correct, so looks like the best time to go and see all of them will be Sunday afternoon. We will be down there seeing friends off, I know some of you are interested in a harbour cruise so I will make few enquiries and come back with some prices:)

Chez (the social secretary)

xx

Haggle us a good deal Ms Secretary, and let us know what is needed.

Cheers

Geoff

Have been having a little look around, two choices, joining a big Harbour Cruise or chartering our own, the latter can work out very expensive, some of those boats are amazing but they also want to charge you $80 per head for catering:eek: Found this one though,

http://www.sydneyharbourescapes.com.au/boat.asp?bID=179

Works out to $45 P/P if there are 40 people, obviously dearer if less come. We can BYO food and drinks and go where we want.

I also called www.rhythmboat.com.au, the boat Geri and I went on last time for the Queens, he hasnt organised anything yet but said he will look into it and put something on the website in the next few weeks. He is not sure how many boats or how many cruises, I suggested something in the afternoon so we could cruise past all three and perhaps see the Sun Princess leave at 4pm?? I think this cruise cost us about $70 each last time including a meal which was sit down, drinks were bought individually at the bar. This was one of the cheaper cruises, Captain Cook and Majestic were charging around $95.

If anyone one else has some ideas or comes across a bargain, please post!!!! until then I will continue the search:)

Chez (cruise director)

xx

I'll sign up with the two Queens to see the other two Queens!!:p

Gosh, $70 sounds pretty good. Was the meal okay though? I just hope he doesn't bump the price up to take advantage of the event.:rolleyes:

I know a few people from work are planning to see the QEII sail out for the last time. It will be a big event, but nothing like this year (hopefully).

Have been having a little look around, two choices, joining a big Harbour Cruise or chartering our own, the latter can work out very expensive, some of those boats are amazing but they also want to charge you $80 per head for catering:eek: Found this one though,

http://www.sydneyharbourescapes.com.au/boat.asp?bID=179

Works out to $45 P/P if there are 40 people, obviously dearer if less come. We can BYO food and drinks and go where we want.

I also called www.rhythmboat.com.au, the boat Geri and I went on last time for the Queens, he hasnt organised anything yet but said he will look into it and put something on the website in the next few weeks. He is not sure how many boats or how many cruises, I suggested something in the afternoon so we could cruise past all three and perhaps see the Sun Princess leave at 4pm?? I think this cruise cost us about $70 each last time including a meal which was sit down, drinks were bought individually at the bar. This was one of the cheaper cruises, Captain Cook and Majestic were charging around $95.

If anyone one else has some ideas or comes across a bargain, please post!!!! until then I will continue the search:)

Chez (cruise director)

xx

CD Chez,

Thanks for your efforts. Would think we will go close to 40 for the charter, or $70 with a meal is good too. Happy to let others make the decision - both look quite reasonable.

Cheers

Geoff

The guy at Rhythm boat is great, he actually didnt know too much about what times the ships came in and out, so I filled him in haha!!

He said he may put one boat out for two cruises or two boat out at overlapping times, he will post it on the website, so I will keep an eye out for it.

The meal will depend on what type cruise it is, we went for dinner and it was a sit down, very structured, you were led straight to a table, but Geri and I kept getting up to take photo's:). We had platter of breads, prawns, cold meats and cheeses, then alternate mains of chicken and beef, very nice, and later I think it was berry cheesecake and coffee, think we skipped that bit haha.

The best part was the big deck upstairs, we sat at a table with Col and Di and watched the fireworks, it was magic. The drinks at the bar were reasonable, I think a bottle of bubbly was under $20.

Also it will be easier to book as everyone can ring individually and book and pay, I did by credit card over the phone and say we are with the CC group, so we all get on the one cruise. I will tee this up with him before hand!!

Chez ( who has painting to do in her house but would much rather organise a CC social gathering:):) )

xx

Hi Chez, I emailed them a while ago about the 2 Queens in Feb and he said he had nothing planned at that stage (probably because he knew nothing about it). Anyway, it should be great. I'm looking forward to it.

Karen

• 4 weeks later...

saw these posts but nothing since! i would be interested in a charter or whatever. let me know whats on offer? iam flying to melbourne on 18th feb, then coming to sydney on 23rd. staying there until my cruise leaves on 26th the SAPPHIRE PRINCESS to new zealand.

dave

Don't forget Death* as an option from Brisbane to Sydney. I think there will be a total of 3 flights a day.:rolleyes: Also don't forget happy hour on Virgin Blue between 12pm an 1pm AEST.;) I'm sure they had it for $59 the other day during Feb.

Yes, been keeping my eye on VB at lunchtime's... Guarantee though that the one day I have my lunch early will be the day they do cheap fares for February! Would prefere VB - we're trying to rack up our Velocity points to get free flights to/from Sydney for our cruise in September.

Discovered that Emirates is part of the Velocity rewards scheme, so when we fly back from Auckland on them in a couple of weeks we should get some good points up, and we're flying over on Pacific Blue, so more points there too.

I'm trying to build my Velocity points up too. Ever so slowly. Can't complain, I've had two 'free' flights out of the program in 15 months, including Easter!!:eek:

They do have a cruises arm now. Won't be long before they are part of the program too, hopefully.:rolleyes:

We are considering a visit to Sydney for the event, as long as the airlines come to the party and put on some cheap fares, so please Social Secretary/Cruise Director please keep us in the loop.

Kym,

The Rhythm boat webpage only has "QM2 23rd Feburary TBA"

so just waiting, will post something here as soon as it happens.

Chez

xx

Chez,

Do you know the minimum amount of people required to charter the whole boat. If it only 100 or 120, I'm sure we will be able to fill it to overflowing!!:D

I know a few people at work who would be interested. If we each bought along another 6 or 7 people, we'd be set.:)

Chez,

Do you know the minimum amount of people required to charter the whole boat. If it only 100 or 120, I'm sure we will be able to fill it to overflowing!!:D

I know a few people at work who would be interested. If we each bought along another 6 or 7 people, we'd be set.:)

Only prob with that Jarrod is getting everyones money and commitment, most want $1000 at least for a deposit:eek: a couple of the charters did look good, especially the ones where you could bring your own food, lessens the cost a bit, and the minimum persons ranged from 10 - 200+ depending on what boat.

Chez

xx

Archived