Two Queens and Sun Princess 24th February

cheznandy

No, they weren't but wasn't there supposed to be 28 of us?

Karen

I have 30 of us booked, including ADF's friends Lucky1, including Karon and Aldo, all tables were full, so if the couple at the end of yours were not with us, then we had 28 there for the cruise. Wonder why they were sat there?? what would have happened if Karon showed:eek:

Karon, if you are still reading, did you call and tell them you were not going?? perhaps they filled your spot:confused:

He said the boat takes 110 and it looked like it was full

Chez

xx

THANK GOD FOR THAT!! I thought I was going nuts and sitting with CCers that I didn't know!! I even asked Chris if he could remember who they were:eek:

Hope Jade recovers well. Sorry you didn't get to join us Karon. Next time!!!

Chez...we didn't open the bottle...it stayed in the purple bag all the way home here to Melbourne. Might keep it for the next get together...:p

Thank you to everyone who has posted photos of the two Queens in Sydney. They both certainly looked very regal and the weather looked beautiful. It's a shame Brisbane hasn't put on the same sort of weather for QV's (and Oriana's!!) visit today though - plenty of rain around for most of the day I think. Thank you to Chez for a great review. For those of us who weren't able to make it to Sydney, it is great to "live" it through your words.

Sarah

gail, I just checked hotmail and no emails there as yet.

No I didnt let the cruise company know i wasnt going to make it and cancel.

I really did not think they would refund my money anyway.

I really did not have time to organise any one else to take my place except the call to karmac.

never mind, i will have to wait to share that bottle of wine with you all.

gail, I just checked hotmail and no emails there as yet.

No I didnt let the cruise company know i wasnt going to make it and cancel.

I really did not think they would refund my money anyway.

I really did not have time to organise any one else to take my place except the call to karmac.

never mind, i will have to wait to share that bottle of wine with you all.

Karon, it was a shame we missed out on meeting you. Pleased to hear that your daughter is feeling better now though.

Kym & Martin

Now that the cruise is over and we are all home, posting our pics and reflecting, I was wondering what is next for our event planner Chez.

Mayor of Port Macquarie perhaps?

Thats a start but NSW really needs a new Premier

I am so sorry I missed this day (had to work) Karon I am so glad your daughter is better there is nothing worse in this world than when your children are unwell!!! I was blown away by the photos guys it looked truly amazing!!! I'm in for the next social even (I'll take a day off if I have to) I would really like to catch up with you all. How did everyone go with the traffic home? I was too busy crying after work as the Mariners got robbed (yeah I know I'll cop it from the Newcastle mob - BRING IT ON!!!) Congrats again on the great photos everyone!!

I am so sorry I missed this day (had to work) Karon I am so glad your daughter is better there is nothing worse in this world than when your children are unwell!!! I was blown away by the photos guys it looked truly amazing!!! I'm in for the next social even (I'll take a day off if I have to) I would really like to catch up with you all. How did everyone go with the traffic home? I was too busy crying after work as the Mariners got robbed (yeah I know I'll cop it from the Newcastle mob - BRING IT ON!!!) Congrats again on the great photos everyone!!

Well Mandy,

At least all the problems with the Central Coast low dam levels have now been overcome. Word in Newcastle is that the walls are overflowing with the flood of tears from Mariner fans (well, I was invited).

Trip home was good, except for my driving directions. Typical Sunday arvo in Sydney, with all the traffic heading into the city and flowing well up the F3. Our taxi was out of Sydney before 1\2 time in the soccer. Don't know if it got worse later.

This was in the Letters page of the Herald today:

Flat pack cruising

One cannot help but agree with Peter Thoeming (Letters, February 26). Queen Elizabeth II - a real ship, Queen Victoria - a block of Meriton apartments with great ocean views.

John Lewis Chatswood

Apparently it was in response to these 2 letters:

Both queens, one elegant

It was interesting seeing the QE2 and the Queen Victoria side by side. The QE2 looks like a grand liner; the Queen Victoria looks like one of those ships used for live sheep exports to the Middle East. Obviously it is designed for mass tourism, albeit at a premium cost.

Peter Thoeming East Ryde

Farewell QE2, one of the last ships that looks like a ship. Her successor, the Queen Victoria, has the lines and charm of a milk crate.

M. McClure Armidale

Lord knows what they would think of the massive Sapphire Princess which was in this week as well.

This was in the Letters page of the Herald today:

Flat pack cruising

One cannot help but agree with Peter Thoeming (Letters, February 26). Queen Elizabeth II - a real ship, Queen Victoria - a block of Meriton apartments with great ocean views.

John Lewis Chatswood

Apparently it was in response to these 2 letters:

Both queens, one elegant

It was interesting seeing the QE2 and the Queen Victoria side by side. The QE2 looks like a grand liner; the Queen Victoria looks like one of those ships used for live sheep exports to the Middle East. Obviously it is designed for mass tourism, albeit at a premium cost.

Peter Thoeming East Ryde

Farewell QE2, one of the last ships that looks like a ship. Her successor, the Queen Victoria, has the lines and charm of a milk crate.

M. McClure Armidale

Lord knows what they would think of the massive Sapphire Princess which was in this week as well.

oh, so true!!

Karen

My turn!!

I have just downloaded the photo's from the weekend as well as Mexico!!

Have them on webshots.

2717917340101453878pcolNM_th.jpg

http://community.webshots.com/user/kazdaetz?vhost=community

Hope that is the right link??!!

Was lovely meeting you all. We stayed to watch the queens with Jarrod at Beulah wharf, opposite the Opera house.

Got home to Melbourne today, came over the Westgate Bridge and spied a lovely big white ship at Station Pier!! Couldn't make it out so we detoured and drove past. It was the Crystal Symphony!! So I have added a couple of shots of her too!!

I haven't sorted out the video footage yet...that one will take me a while. I am no Geoff or Nielius!! I will keep working on it!!

Oh Bugger!! It's one in the morning!! Best go to bed!!:o

Big hugs and kisses to all my new friends from this weekend...I felt like I have known most of you forever!! Sorry I didn't get a chance to chat to all of you, but I am sure that we will meet up again somewhere else!!

Karen

Somehow I missed seeing your picture link Karen. Wonderful shots, Kirribilli certainly makes for a great vantage point!

• 2 months later...

Archived