Two Queens and Sun Princess 24th February

cheznandy

Only prob with that Jarrod is getting everyones money and commitment, most want $1000 at least for a deposit:eek:

Chez

xx

I must admit, I didn't think of that.:o Maybe a Rubber Dinghy or a Row boat is looking good as a charter!!:p

I looked at the Rhythm Boat website, and couldn't see anything listed, though they do have some interesting cruises at reasonable prices.:)

the organising for a group thing would be hard. i think it would have to be where we each book ourselves. I am not worried how luxurious or cheap.

there is also a pacific dawn two day cruise on australia day in january

the organising for a group thing would be hard. i think it would have to be where we each book ourselves. I am not worried how luxurious or cheap.

there is also a pacific dawn two day cruise on australia day in january

I know Karon, saw that one, it's expensive thought at $800 for two nights!!! would consider if it was cheaper!!

Chez

xx

• 4 weeks later...

Have just contacted Rhythm boats, and they are planning on doing something.......but nothing definate yet.

Looking at the times on Sunday 24th February, it would be good to start at 3pm, see the Sun Princess sail out at 4pm, see the QV leave at 6.30pm and the QE11 change wharfs from Garden Island to OPT at 6.30pm?? and finish the cruise at 7pm. In saying this it might be an idea to look into a charter. If those that have posted their interest have at least two people coming, we already have 20 people, and I know there are others that would come such as Col and Di, Jenny Icemaiden, Geri, Megagirl Jenny:)

I think I posted this link before, but is a basic boat and allows us to BYO alcohol and we could all bring a plate of finger food to share?? works out to be about $40 per head for 4 hours if 40 people come.

http://www.sydneyharbourescapes.com.au/boat.asp?bID=179

If there are others interested please post here, any other ideas anyone??

Chez

xx

Count me in for 2008!! I will miss out in 2009.:( The QMII and QV are due back on the 25th and 26th of Feb 2009. Of course I leave on the 24th and miss out.:rolleyes:

I already counted you in:D

I just called Michael from the Sea Messenger and he has already had an enquiry for the 24th Feb, but will get back to me. It is $2,200 for up to 40 persons, which works out to be $55 each. Good price for 4 hours I think, and we can BYO what ever we want. The website is

http://www.seamessenger.com.au/ the photos look good.

If no more Ccers want to come, we can then rope in family and friends:p

Chez

xx

I know Karon, saw that one, it's expensive thought at $800 for two nights!!! would consider if it was cheaper!!

Chez

xx

That's a very expensive 2 days! Superstar Gemini is doing a 2 dayer from Syd to Bris in Dec for $599. I really wanted to do that one but other commitments at that time now mean I can't :(

Have just contacted Rhythm boats, and they are planning on doing something.......but nothing definate yet.

Looking at the times on Sunday 24th February, it would be good to start at 3pm, see the Sun Princess sail out at 4pm, see the QV leave at 6.30pm and the QE11 change wharfs from Garden Island to OPT at 6.30pm?? and finish the cruise at 7pm. In saying this it might be an idea to look into a charter. If those that have posted their interest have at least two people coming, we already have 20 people, and I know there are others that would come such as Col and Di, Jenny Icemaiden, Geri, Megagirl Jenny:)

I think I posted this link before, but is a basic boat and allows us to BYO alcohol and we could all bring a plate of finger food to share?? works out to be about $40 per head for 4 hours if 40 people come.

http://www.sydneyharbourescapes.com.au/boat.asp?bID=179

If there are others interested please post here, any other ideas anyone??

Chez

xx

Chez,

I gather I am pencilled on your list for two. I will bring DD along if numbers are going to be tight.

Cheers

Geoff

Yes guys, got you all, went through the thread and counted those that said they were interested, dont think we will have any worries getting numbers, and at the end of the day will just pay a bit more each if we dont reach the max. How do you all feel about a charter? I will need to tell Michael if and when he rings back? I think it might be good as we can do our own itinerary and time?

Here is another boat if his doesnt work out

http://www.sydneyharbourescapes.com.au/boat.asp?bID=248

Same deal, havent called yet, will wait and see how this one pans out.

Chez (CC CD:) )

xx

Yes guys, got you all, went through the thread and counted those that said they were interested, dont think we will have any worries getting numbers, and at the end of the day will just pay a bit more each if we dont reach the max. How do you all feel about a charter? I will need to tell Michael if and when he rings back? I think it might be good as we can do our own itinerary and time?

Here is another boat if his doesnt work out

http://www.sydneyharbourescapes.com.au/boat.asp?bID=248

Same deal, havent called yet, will wait and see how this one pans out.

Chez (CC CD:) )

xx

Chez,

I prefer the idea of a charter. We just have to make sure that the money is paid so that Chez is not left out of pocket.

Cheers

Geoff

I have just found this thread.

There is no shortage of cruise ships where I come from but I was very privileged to be on board the QE2 when she sailed into Sydney Harbour this year. What a great reception we had. I have never seen so many people on the shore or so many boats accompanying us in. A friend from Southampton was on the steps of the Opera House and she thought it was fantastic. Wish I could be there again in 2008.

In December, I am sailing on the Queen Victoria's maiden voyage. There are, to quote the local paper: fireworks and fanfares" prepared for her departure. I wonder how it will compare. I am also booked on a boat to bring her in and another to see the QE2 off on her final voyage. That should evoke memories of Sydney as well although, being Winter, I have no doubt there will be fewer small boats.

Maureen

Archived