OMG~Found the BEST solution to those dry heels

Lois R

Hi T, good to see you again:)

Yes, I would think that is the exact point.....from what I have

read about diabetes the feet can be very sensative.

Better to be safe than sorry that is for sure!

The main reason for diabetics to not use this type of device is due to the nerve damage that occurs frequently as a result of having diabetes. Called diabetic neuropathy, it can sometimes lead to decreased sensation in the feet (such as to a cut or injury) that can become severely infected while the person is unaware of it (due to loss of nerve function). A friend of mine who is a podiatrist has his diabetic patients come in every couple of months for a foot exam and teaches them to examine their own feet on a weekly basis.

I would guess with this product the person could use the microplane too aggressively and not feel it, which would open the door to a severe infection.

Warnings that daibetics should not use foot products are very common. kidsznp is correct plus some diabetics have poor circulation in their feet and this can also lead to infections. I've been diabetic for over thirty years and am very careful with my feet - fortunately the only problem I get is very hard / dry skin.

I found them at the checkout counter at Bed, Bath and Beyond as well. L&T has them in the bath/beauty section. And there are plenty of 20% off coupons available right by mail, newspapers, etc. and one store accepts the others. So if you get a BB&B in the mail and L&T is closer, use it.

Great product.

For those that are diabetic with very dry feet, I use Cure'l Ultra Healing lotion. It heals and protects for 24 hours. My heels were horribly dry and scaly until I started using the Curel. Now they are smooth and soft. It's the only lotion I have found that works. It's also great on dry chaft hands.

I was just wondering is this the same item that you can purchase at any drug store. They even carry a product like this at the dollar tree. My kids call mine the cheese grater! I was really excited when I first read the post but then realized it is the same item or at least the same concept that I have been using for years. You can also buy a foot lotion at any drug store or crack cream for elboes or feet. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello friends,:) I know over the years we have had all sorts of

threads...oily skin, dry skin, normal skin;)

Well, I just bought something from QVC called a Microplane

and it was probably the BEST 28.00 I have EVER SPENT!

One scrub and the dry skin is off the bottom of my heels:D

It comes with 2 different blades that go on the end of the handle

and they also send a jar of lotion that has to be one of the

best smelling items I have ever come across:D It has an orange

scent and I love it!

Anyway, whoever invented the Microplane gets a BIG THUMBS

UP from me!

It doesn't hurt but really gets the dry skin off and I am

so happy! I have to wonder why I didn't buy it before!!!

If anyone is interested, go to www.qvc.com and its item

#V25812

You know, my feet are fine, just a little lotion after I bathe-but my hands are something else, especially this time of year, isn't that weird that my hands are dry but my feet aren't? Maybe I should buy some for my poor hands.

Whoever the original poster is....I can't thank you enough for recommending the Microplane. I ordered mine from QVC over a month ago (it was on back order) and it just came today. It is unbelievable how well it works, and the cream smells fanstastic. Over the years I have probably tried everything on the market, but nothing works as well as the Microplane!!! One day with the thing and my heels look the best they ever have. :)

Whoever the original poster is....I can't thank you enough for recommending the Microplane. I ordered mine from QVC over a month ago (it was on back order) and it just came today. It is unbelievable how well it works, and the cream smells fanstastic. Over the years I have probably tried everything on the market, but nothing works as well as the Microplane!!! One day with the thing and my heels look the best they ever have. :)

Hi,:) I am the original poster;) and glad you love the product too.:)

Received mine in the mail yesterday and did my feet last night......cannot believe the results! I am 64 and have tried so many things over the years and none of them even came close to working this good, even much better than the pedicures that I get. I love it! Thanks so much for posting about this..........

I have to admit, I finally gave in and tried the vicks vapor rub. I felt like an idiot rubbing it all over my feet (and DH acted as though I'd lost my mind!) but the darn stuff worked great. Live and learn... :D

Michelle

Archived