Post a Picture of Your Dress

nitenurs2....THANK YOU so much for sharing that website!! I have been fretting about having to spend a fortune on a dress that I don't think I'll have the chance to wear again (unless of course I book another cruise!!) and not to mention I hope that the next time I cruise I'm not this size ;)....I love this website...it's right up my alley!! Thank you!!

2007LibertyCruise1436.jpg

Above: Ivory cocktail dress with gold beading on the skirt...and gold strappy heels.

Below: Green long gown....

Picture1281.jpg

Back of green gown....

TraceyWinzenWedding12-31-06069.jpg

I was wondering if you wore the cocktail dress you pictured for a formal nite or if you wore it for an informal nite but still wanted to dress up.

I was thinking I'd wear a dressy short dress on one of the formal nites --

2007LibertyCruise1436.jpg

Above: Ivory cocktail dress with gold beading on the skirt...and gold strappy heels.

Below: Green long gown....

Picture1281.jpg

Back of green gown....

TraceyWinzenWedding12-31-06069.jpg

Beautiful!! What a perfect choice that green dress was - goes perfect with your beautiful hair!! And your daughter looks adorable. Please help - I have an 11 year old DD.....where did you find your daughters pink dress?!?! And you both look sooooo sharp in the ivory dresses!!

Thanks in advance to anyone that can tell me where I can find an afordable formal dress for my 11 year old DD. She wears about a girls 16 or misses/juniors size 3. But I need to find something that is age appropriate. I just love that pink dress your daughter is wearing!!;)

nitenurs2....THANK YOU so much for sharing that website!! I have been fretting about having to spend a fortune on a dress that I don't think I'll have the chance to wear again (unless of course I book another cruise!!) and not to mention I hope that the next time I cruise I'm not this size ;)....I love this website...it's right up my alley!! Thank you!!

You're more than welcome! If you register on the website, they will send you a code almost every week for 40 or 50% off or free shipping. And everytime you sign in, it seems, there's a discount code for you.

This week, I have a code for 40% off of any one item. It's CCDA40.

Hope this helps you.

You're more than welcome! If you register on the website, they will send you a code almost every week for 40 or 50% off or free shipping. And everytime you sign in, it seems, there's a discount code for you.

This week, I have a code for 40% off of any one item. It's CCDA40.

Hope this helps you.

Loved that site! I ordered my New Years Eve dress!!

Thanks

47b7d701b3127ccebc92bc3e417a00000025100AZsWzRs1ct2Og

new2me: Here's one of my daughter, then 11 - I got this dress off of the clearance rack at Catos for 7 dollars! I'm glad that I didn't spend more - she's 13 now...5 foot 5 inches and about 110 pounds...

I got the one below at JC Pennys for $8 - I know for an 11 year-old black may not be that great, so that's why I attached the pink flower and she had the pink pearl necklace, and pink scarf..she loved it. Ignore the water shoes on our balcony..:)

47b7d701b3127ccebc92cecac08700000025100AZsWzRs1ct2Og47b7d701b3127ccebc92c233414800000025100AZsWzRs1ct2Og

This is one of my formal night dresses... Yes, that's me in it, but I took this pic to send to my mom a few months ago, and I have "just rolled out of bed-head" and no makeup. Didn't want to scare you people early in the morning!

golddress2.jpg

My other formal dress is very similar, but it's emerald green.

greendress-1.jpg

And I'm wearing this dress a non-formal night:

dress1.jpg

No pics of the rest of them.

e80163fa.jpge80163db.jpg My sister and I cruise yearly and always have one photo done for my mom. In both of these photos I have on a long skirt and top, my sister prefers cocktail length dresses which I think are very appropriate nowadays.

Every photo and each gown shown on this board is lovely.

I think it is more about attitude and feeling good when dressing than what one wears.

Happy Cruising!

Picture is kind of fuzzy, but you get the idea...

I wore this on the Carnival Valor this past April, bought in on Ebay!

I LURVED this dress as some of you "regulars" may recall!!

232323232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2323%3D8%3A6%3D74%3C%3D32328%3A665%3B855nu0mrj

This was Not formal night....

232323232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D869%3D76%3C%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3B5658%3A56ot1lsi

Renewing our vows:232323232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D869%3D76%3C%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3B574%3B384ot1lsi

I love these kinds of threads btw....:D

Egads! am I the ONLY one that will be wearing pants? they are that slinky material and i am wearing a very heavily beaded and sequined top that is of the "man shirt" styling with a solid sequined yoke...no pics, tho - you will just have to wait and see! LOL! and btw, i too, LOVE these threads!!!

IceQueen ~ That outfit sounds perfectly acceptable and I am sure you will look lovely. I wore a pant outift on my first cruise, also a slinky type pant with a matching sleeveless top. It was all covered in tiny metallic beads and tiny fringes. It looked much better than it sounds!! I choose skirts simply because they are more practical and more comfortable for me.

Desperatehousewife ~ Vavavavoom! I am sure you turned a few heads that night. Georgeous, just as the other posters are. Keep them coming girls!

I'm loving seeing all the variety! Emmysmommy-your green dress looked familiar-I bought the same dress in royal blue for my upcoming cruise in January-it's nice to see how good it looks on someone. :) I had to go to the closet to make sure it was the same; I thought the back side looked similar. Thanks for posting everyone!

I like formal nights just for getting a professional picture to give to family/friends, otherwise we don't ever get them done at home.

Debathome..thank you for the compliment.:) I had such an amazing cruise.

I love these threads to get to see all the pretty dresses and everyone all gussied up!:D I used to search for them when I first came on.....

IceQueen...You will see a lot of that very type of outfit on your cruise and should feel very comfortable.Have a wonderful time and don't forget to come back and show us those great pics!;)

I was wondering if you wore the cocktail dress you pictured for a formal nite or if you wore it for an informal nite but still wanted to dress up.

I was thinking I'd wear a dressy short dress on one of the formal nites --

Good question! Typically, I wear a long gown for the first formal night and then a cocktail type dress for the second formal night. My ivory dress was worn for a formal night. :)

Beautiful!! What a perfect choice that green dress was - goes perfect with your beautiful hair!! And your daughter looks adorable. Please help - I have an 11 year old DD.....where did you find your daughters pink dress?!?! And you both look sooooo sharp in the ivory dresses!!

Thanks in advance to anyone that can tell me where I can find an afordable formal dress for my 11 year old DD. She wears about a girls 16 or misses/juniors size 3. But I need to find something that is age appropriate. I just love that pink dress your daughter is wearing!!;)

First of all, thanks for the compliment!

I have walked in your shoes trying to find something appropriate and flattering for an 11 year-old on formal night. Last year, my husband used a personal shopper at Nordstrom for the pink dress my daughter wore. (I personally don't shop at Nordstrom so I was a bit bewildered that he went down that path but.... she's his little girl.)

This year, I just shopped at Macy's Jr. department and was able to find something after much searching. Her dress is a Jr. size 3. The problem with shopping in the Jr. dept. as you know, is some of the styles tend to be too provocative and clingy etc. We waited for a sale and I believe her dress was less than $40.

Good luck with your search! :)

I'm loving seeing all the variety! Emmysmommy-your green dress looked familiar-I bought the same dress in royal blue for my upcoming cruise in January-it's nice to see how good it looks on someone. :) I had to go to the closet to make sure it was the same; I thought the back side looked similar. Thanks for posting everyone!

I like formal nights just for getting a professional picture to give to family/friends, otherwise we don't ever get them done at home.

Glad I could be your model!! ;) I got the dress at Macy's last year - it is a Betsy & Adam label.

I absolutely agree about the formal portraits. What better opportunity to have some lovely pictures and memorialize your vacation at the same time!

Enjoy your January cruise!

Ini - What a GREAT deal - you look beautiful! Nothing makes me feel better than getting a great deal - that's the fun of shopping for me. It's probably the same high fishers and hunters get...:D

I just love looking at everyone's fantastic photos - what a good-looking bunch! I'm so impressed!!

Nitenurs2, thanks for the link, I ordered a long dress, hope it works out. MMoore, I have the same dress as your green one in a reddish-orange. It's so nice to see everyone dressed up! Can't wait for my cruise, 5 weeks from Saturday. Karen:p

Archived