Post a Picture of Your Dress

ICEQUEEN, Hi I am from Waukesha area, and I recently went to Boston Store bought 3 formal dresses there. THey were about from 90.00 to over 100.00 I bought them for no higher than 28. 00. Check that out if you have that store in your area Green Bay....

Do not feel outbound wearing slacks. You will be just fine, go and have a good time. WHen are you going?

We go on OCt 28 FOS (freedom of the seas)

Picture is kind of fuzzy, but you get the idea...

I wore this on the Carnival Valor this past April, bought in on Ebay!

I LURVED this dress as some of you "regulars" may recall!!

232323232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2323%3D8%3A6%3D74%3C%3D32328%3A665%3B855nu0mrj

This was Not formal night....

232323232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D869%3D76%3C%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3B5658%3A56ot1lsi

Renewing our vows:232323232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D869%3D76%3C%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3B574%3B384ot1lsi

I love these kinds of threads btw....:D

I remember when you bought the turquoise dress. It's dazzling on you!!!

Thanks for posting!

I just bought a Jessica McClintock for $11 plus change at a thrift store!!!! It's at the drycleaners now and this will be my 'formal' dress for one of the formal nights. It's mostly black, a-line cut with white on the top with a white lace overlay, only on the white portion. If I have time I'll try and put a picture of it online. In the meantime, I have been searching e-bay for the perfect formal gowns for the DD's. A week ago I had no idea where I would get gowns for the DD's at a decent price (without breaking the bank-we're on a strict budget)....now I have a list of dresses we want and we need to narrow it down!!

Thanks to everyone for their info and help (and especially the pictures! Being a first time cruiser, I wasn't sure what to expect for formal night)!!:D

Sorry, this is the best photo I have:

47b7df36b3127cce81317ae6c15d00000015100Abt3DRi3cMWNA

this is a golden shimmery stretch knit dress i bought @ a thrift store in college for $7. just neede the right accessories :D

Very beautiful. Your nails and toes were matching and your shoes. You hooked this outfit up.

BanquetShot.bmp

Going with me on the Norwegian Sun. I have only recently shrunken down enough to fit back into it. WOOHOO!! Now if hubby would only wear his uniform again, now that he's retired (pout, pout!)

Gorgeous dress, congrats on getting back into it! Trust me, I had to lose quite a few pounds after I retired to get back into my uniform.

How to post a picture...especially when they show up without clicking on a link. Or even a link. I'm technologically challenged!!:confused:

The way I do it is upload to somewhere like www.photobucket.com, once it's uploaded, on photobucket you click the box labeled direct link, come back to CC, click on the postcard looking button and paste in the link from photobucket, it sounds complicated, but it's not, once you do it a time or two, it's easy. For instance (casual night attire with dancing in mind):

Grandeur10-13-2006DancePose.jpg

Egads! am I the ONLY one that will be wearing pants? they are that slinky material and i am wearing a very heavily beaded and sequined top that is of the "man shirt" styling with a solid sequined yoke...no pics, tho - you will just have to wait and see! LOL! and btw, i too, LOVE these threads!!!

I'm pretty sure that I too will be in pants for one of the formal nights. I have my eye on a pant suit....They're actually a pair of shear, see-through slacks with a lining of course :eek: and a beaded vest/sleeveless top and a shear jacket all of the same color. Very sharp. Just trying to decide between periwinkle and ivory...leaning towards ivory for practical reasons (classic color). It also comes in black. It's a very sharp outfit and I have no qualms with wearing a slack outfit like that on a formal night. :D On my other formal night I have found a floor length dress at a local thrift store for $11. It's very pretty and formal. I refuse to spend a fortune on dresses/outfits that will never be worn again. It was very unfortunate for me that the 2 beautiful bridesmaid dresses and 1 New Year's dress hanging in my closet could not be worn due to the fact that I like food too much :o Oh well.....

Not me in the picture and I chose the one in black. We're sailing NCL and even though we don't HAVE to dress up, we always end up doing so anyway.

I just received it today and am very relieved it fits. Still need shoes and jewelery though. I'm thinking sparkely jewelry and shoes, any thoughts?

Thanks!!!

Romy:)

http://www.cybernetplaza.com/pages/p159.asp

How to post a picture...especially when they show up without clicking on a link. Or even a link. I'm technologically challenged!!:confused:

Go to the picture you want to use, right mouse click it and select COPY, come back to CC and in the body of your 'reply/post' click PASTE by right mouse clicking again!

Note:

Any picture you see on the net/website will(or should) alllow you to do the Copy/Paste method...but my browser from my camera will not. (Cannon)That is when I upload..view the pic, and then Copy/Paste.

If your picture will not allow you to this this due to the program you are using at home to view your pictures off your camera (like mine), upload the pics to Walgreens (or any photo developing/viewing site)and do the above.

This is the easiest way to bypass all that "link" stuff!

Good luck!:D

Go to the picture you want to use, right mouse click it and select COPY, come back to CC and in the body of your 'reply/post' click PASTE by right mouse clicking again!

Note:

Any picture you see on the net/website will(or should) alllow you to do the Copy/Paste method...Good luck!:D

Yes, if it's a true photo file--but I've noticed that lots of catalogs aren't actually .jpgs or .gif files and therefore can't be copied easily.

You can upload photos from your computer by using the "manage attachments" button below the dialog box you type your post in. There is a size limit to the attachments you can upload.

I use webshots for my online photo hosting. It's free, it's easy.

Not me in the picture and I chose the one in black. We're sailing NCL and even though we don't HAVE to dress up, we always end up doing so anyway.

I just received it today and am very relieved it fits. Still need shoes and jewelery though. I'm thinking sparkely jewelry and shoes, any thoughts?

Thanks!!!

www.cybernetplaza.com/pages/p159.asp

What a gorgeous dress. I would definitley go with sparkly, to kinda go with the subtle sparkles in the dress. I don't particulary care for the black shoes in the picture with it. Silver strappy sandals may look nicer. I found the black shoes in the picture to be distracting....and subtle sparkle jewelry. What a great dress - all eyes will be on you, that's for sure!!;)

What a gorgeous dress. I would definitley go with sparkly, to kinda go with the subtle sparkles in the dress. I don't particulary care for the black shoes in the picture with it. Silver strappy sandals may look nicer. I found the black shoes in the picture to be distracting....and subtle sparkle jewelry. What a great dress - all eyes will be on you, that's for sure!!;)

Thank you New2 and welcome to CC! I couldn't agree more about the shoes in the picture. Thanks for the idea of silver strappies, great idea!

And thanks again for the compliments on the dress. I'm really glad I decided to "dress up":D !

Happy Sails!!!

Archived