Fun Door Signs?

bigbreeze

What a great idea! It is my parents 50th wedding anniversary and they are taking all of us with them!! Any other idea's for a 50th sign?

How about:

50 years together...(You Don't get that for 2nd Degree Murder).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, in two weeks we are sailing to the Eastern Carribbean. We are taking door decor for our four cabins and will change it up almost every day! We will have St. Patrick's decor; happy bday decor; more and different bday decor for the next bday boy; 50th anniversay decor and Easter decor. It's all flat and we are bringing the putty to use as adhesive. This trip is a big deal and we are going all out!!!:)

Our cruise departs on April 15 (TAX DAY). I decided to make a whimsical sign that says "We decided to take a cruise instead of paying our taxes!!!!"

I also bought fun things at the dollar store to decorate a friends door for her birthday.

I got a small gift bag that I will tape to her door. I will also put a magnetic post-it pad and a pen hung from a string. People will be asked to leave her some birthday notes.

And another couple traveling with us is celebrating their anniversary while on-board. I like the "Just married--40 years ago" idea.

As always you get the best ideas here.

Thanks everyone.

For our parents 50th!! I went to the party store and bought Just Married stick on's and I purchased red valentine hearts that were on sale! I also plan to use "50 years together...(You Don't get that for 2nd Degree Murder)...:D . I plan to cut the stick on's and reverse and put there names on the hearts! (My Dad is going to just die :p) I like the note idea too, nice memory!! Any other ideas for signing besides a note card, maybe a card??? Can you use scotch tape to apply it to the cabin door?

We use a magnetic backed, clear plastic sleeve available at Office Depot, Staples, etc. and print up a door sign with our picture and a name for the cruise we are on, "cruising the Caribbean", "mission to Mexico".

Each cruise gets a new insert. We also decorate the room to make it our own special place for the time we are onboard.

:D We are cruising on March 16th. We have a honeymoon couple and new cruisers. It is also St. Patricks day, Good Friday & Easter.

I am making:

Say I do, to the perfect Honeymoon w/rings, hearts, lovers, unset

Welcome Aboard w/palm trees, beach & ocean scene

I may not be IRISH, but I sure can drink like one w/green beer & clovers

I googles door signs (images) and found all sorts of ideas. Just need to come up with easter signs now. Found table centerpieces that you can open half way and stick on the doors (making the image stick out) - tropical fish, ship stickers at the craft store, garland to go around the whole outside of the door (seen this done before), and palm trees.

So far these are my ideas I've found. Should be fun, no one knows I am doing this, can't wait to make them this weekend - keep the ideas coming.:D

:cool: too funny!!

I found this picture of the princesses and I am putting it on a door sign with the caption : HAHA made you look!dp_silly.jpg

Where did you find this??!! I am looking for some interesting ideas. We sail on the conquest 3/30, so I wanted to do an April Fools (Princess pic would be perfect...) door incorperated with dh's birthday (on 4/3) any suggestions???....

If you go to Office Depot or similar store, they have 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of white magnetic "paper." We have always done a power point like "presentation" which you print on the magnetic paper. It has been fun to develop a whole page (we usually put our email on the bottom, along with our hometown) different and especially for that cruise. Our 40th anniversary cruise is coming up in October. You can use all kinds of colors and all kinds of clip art. Besides, I use it to locate our cabin along the long corridors! We almost always have a cocktail party in our cabin and it helps people find our place, too.

HI THERE THE SIGN WITH THE CANADIAN FLAG IS A GREAT IDEA DO YOU HAVE A BLANK FOR THAT I COULD SEE PLEASE ... Rosie rcancilla@rogers.com.

I have made up signs for our door with our Flag on it. Ours has the Canadian flag on it & my parents has the Danish flag. I also have all the names we go by.. ie 1st Names...Grampa & Grandma, Mom & Dad... etc.

It is kinda neat to see it on the doors & most people stop & read it. My parents go by the Danish "Grandma & Grampa" which is "Mormor & Morfar" & "Oldemor & Oldefar" which is the terms for Great Grandparents.....so we get asked what it all means. It is a fun way to meet your neighbors.

When our BIL & SIL cruised with us.. I put "future Grandparents" on their sign....we had them concerned as none of their children we even in relationships at that time & they were worried that we knew something they didn't!!

I've been inspired. Went over to my local party decorations store to look for something fun. After looking around I found a "look out for pirates" sign and got a few pirate thingies to decorate the stateroom with. It puts a smile on my face to think about it.

as he will spend the next two months thinking up signs for our door. We are celebrating his Bday and our 23rd Anniversary, so I suppose I could do those... Or I was thinking of...

"There be a sea serpent under these covers...Beware!"

With a pic of a sea serpent from an old map or something...

BTW, LOVE the Disney Princesses Pic - Priceless!

However, I don't know how PC things are onboard a HAL Vista Ship??? I don't know if they would appreciate such humour?

Bon Voyage!

Thanks I think i will go to the dollar store see what i can see .... I got some little charms off Ebay a little airplane , a little cruise ship and a little slot machine to give our gang over the course of the cruise lol will be cute im gonna look for some big safety pins lol

But first comes the river cruise not sure if door signs would be appropriate there at all lol

Nite nite Rosie

Ok im thinking for the Windmills and Tulip River cruise of Holland and Belgium we have in April im gonna get a picture of a winmill and tulip and paste them on cardboard and make signs for your door hahaha with the date etc lol

I just went out yesterday to purchase "door decor", what fun. We will have 8 cabins on the Costa Med. on March 29, I found some really pretty glittery flamingos at Party City. So I bought 8 of them, one for each of the cabin doors and I will make another sign noting who is in what cabin....I cant wait!

• 3 weeks later...

We are having a family wedding on the Liberty of the Seas and I'd love to make a sign for the doors of all our cabins using the magnetic sheets.

Does anyone know if the doors on the Liberty are metal or wood?

Thanks!

Would any of you be willing to share pics of the signs you've made for your cruise? I'd like to make door signs for a wedding cruise and I'd love to see what others have done.

Thanks so much! :)

Would any of you be willing to share pics of the signs you've made for your cruise? I'd like to make door signs for a wedding cruise and I'd love to see what others have done.

Thanks so much! :)

If I could figure out how to do it I would. I'm a whiz at making signs. I do them for my store all the time. But for the love of God I cant figure out how to do an attachment here! ! ! !

I made my signs on my computer using some clip-art etc. Then printed them on heavy card stock