Fun Door Signs?

bigbreeze

We did car magnets from Vista Print and then put large sand dollars with the cabin occupants names. We normally travel with a big group (35+) and the cruisers can't wait until my daughter and I have the signs up on the doors. It's great fun.

Unfortunately, a few years ago, some jealous people tore down our signs and either left them in shreds right in front of the cabin door or they took them and attached them to some unknown cruisers room.

Even with the vandals, we still do it on every cruise!

every cruise i put a little small silk lei on the door handle, so i can see my cabin door from down the hall-did have one taken before.

on NCL cruises you rarely see the doors decorated-just a few at times

i have seen.

i did make a magnet sign at vista print but decided to leave that at home

i put on the fridg and decorate to count down the months/days til i cruise.

also have made up the CC door sign but always have forgotten it

i will stick with the little silk leis on the door handle!

On our last cruise we had a sign on each door for our group of 12 rooms. Our neighbors had their cruise critic sign on their door. It really made finding our rooms very easy.

I have been searching the dollar stores for decorations. We are having a door decorating contest within our group on this cruise. Counting the days down.

jen

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

While my DW thinks it's dorky, I've have fun designing cabin door signs over the years!

1. Shortly after we retired, our cabin door sign was a tropical theme with a parrot lying in a hammock between two palm trees. "Retired and having fun!"

2. During the 2009 World Series Phillies vs Yankees, I designed a Baseball themed sign and the pursors office gave me the latest game scores which I would post on the sign. That was also the first sign that I provided space for others to leave msgs.

3. Last year, 2 weeks after the Carnival ship that lost it's engines and had to be towed into port, the cabin door design was a floral tropical theme with the international symbol for DO NOT with a can of Spam inside the circle. If you recall, since the kitchens were unable to cook food, they had to serve passengers Spam.

4. This year, I am working on a design with 3 parrots dressed as pirates holding beer mugs. Unless I come up with something better!

I think the World Series cabin door sign was the best! I heard passengers talking about it at the buffet and pool areas that had no idea it was our cabin. And I know that the room stewards talk about the signs as well.

Helps me find our cabin faster after partying and visiting the pubs at night!

Life is short - so have fun!

Married 39 years, 3 months, 16 days - Happily for 10 and they have not been consecutive! LOL

Steve :cool:

While my DW thinks it's dorky, I've have fun designing cabin door signs over the years!

1. Shortly after we retired, our cabin door sign was a tropical theme with a parrot lying in a hammock between two palm trees. "Retired and having fun!"

2. During the 2009 World Series Phillies vs Yankees, I designed a Baseball themed sign and the pursors office gave me the latest game scores which I would post on the sign. That was also the first sign that I provided space for others to leave msgs.

3. Last year, 2 weeks after the Carnival ship that lost it's engines and had to be towed into port, the cabin door design was a floral tropical theme with the international symbol for DO NOT with a can of Spam inside the circle. If you recall, since the kitchens were unable to cook food, they had to serve passengers Spam.

4. This year, I am working on a design with 3 parrots dressed as pirates holding beer mugs. Unless I come up with something better!

I think the World Series cabin door sign was the best! I heard passengers talking about it at the buffet and pool areas that had no idea it was our cabin. And I know that the room stewards talk about the signs as well.

Helps me find our cabin faster after partying and visiting the pubs at night!

Life is short - so have fun!

Married 39 years, 3 months, 16 days - Happily for 10 and they have not been consecutive! LOL

Steve :cool:

I love it!

• 3 months later...
every cruise i put a little small silk lei on the door handle, so i can see my cabin door from down the hall-did have one taken before.

on NCL cruises you rarely see the doors decorated-just a few at times

i have seen.

i did make a magnet sign at vista print but decided to leave that at home

i put on the fridg and decorate to count down the months/days til i cruise.

also have made up the CC door sign but always have forgotten it

i will stick with the little silk leis on the door handle!

I have made several small car door magnets through www.vistaprint.com with "Cruise Critic Member" and then my CC handle. Picture of a cruise ship etc. I also have ones for Cabin Crawls. Vistaprint always seems to have specials going on so I only order if they are free.

This is a picture of a door poster I made for my son and new daughter-in-law for they honeymoon cruise.

I'm going on my honeymoon cruise in March. It's really cute and I want to do something similar on our door but I know it won't turn out nearly be as good as yours.

I created a door banner to surprise our granddaughter when we took her on her graduation cruise in 2011. We had people from the US, Denmark and Argentina sign it. I considered it a success.

My DH and I are taking a cruise in November to celebrate our 30th anniversary and I am now editing it for our door. :)

597564871_DSC01187a(425x640).jpg.59bedb7231071d3e1b11517dd9fc51ea.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We do Door Signs for all our Cruises and for our friends and other family members who also love to Cruise...I always go to the scrapbook store and do a nice background then I glue gun the State you are comming from ...this Cruise we are going on I have made 4 Cabin Door signs ..One for us Outer Bnks North Carolina,,one from Washington State..one from Oregon State and one from Virginia...this year I had everyone send me a 3x4 picture of them sitting close together with their straw hats on....its sorta beacheeeee..but everyone loves my door signs...hey I am 65 and I can brag...lol

Have a blast making your door sign...and enjoy your Cruise

We do Door Signs for all our Cruises and for our friends and other family members who also love to Cruise...I always go to the scrapbook store and do a nice background then I glue gun the State you are comming from ...this Cruise we are going on I have made 4 Cabin Door signs ..One for us Outer Bnks North Carolina,,one from Washington State..one from Oregon State and one from Virginia...this year I had everyone send me a 3x4 picture of them sitting close together with their straw hats on....its sorta beacheeeee..but everyone loves my door signs...hey I am 65 and I can brag...lol

Have a blast making your door sign...and enjoy your Cruise

Cute idea!

I used those window /door cling thingies last time & had so much fun with it. Loved walking the halls of the ship, admiring other door decor. I don't think the doors on Carnival ships are metal, not sure about other cruise lines. A beachy theme sounds great.

Last cruise on the Legend in December we decorated our door as a Christmas theme. Complete with wrapping paper, a big red bow, jingle bells, and a welcome sign. Our next cruise is on March 17 so I believe we will do a St. Patricks Day Theme :)

I used those window /door cling thingies last time & had so much fun with it. Loved walking the halls of the ship, admiring other door decor. I don't think the doors on Carnival ships are metal, not sure about other cruise lines. A beachy theme sounds great.

You have made your way over to this thread now. :p Have you started the countdown for your next cruise yet???

Going on the Dream in April and asked if the doors were metal and was told they are not. So not all ships have metal doors. Some of us are going to decorate. We have a cruise mate with early on-set Alzheimer's and she needs help sometime finding her cabin. Plus those late nights out the rest of us need help. I agree it's a way to express yourself. Tacky or not I love them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I always carry a roll of scotch magic tape for - whatever - worked just fine on Carnival doors last January. Our group had 5 cabins and we had colorful, soft cardboard fishes purchased from the Dollar Tree at about 3 per package - huge investment!! Great for finding your way 'home.' And, of course, we printed out our Cruise Critic door sign, too.

scan0003.jpg.acd084367678b500cc90ed6582ab731d.jpg

scan0005.jpg.45414ed97959af310161ffbd52b84c31.jpg

scan0006.jpg.23eb3939eabfebb9ee4eb3b564911fba.jpg

My beloved bride of 30+ years and me will sail this Thursday April 5th...our very first cruise...love all the ideas posted and have come up with a unique idea, let me know what you think?...as its our initial cruise, had 8x10 glossies taken of me in my brand new sequent thong...will autograph 'em and tape to the door for folks to enjoy and grab...fab idea, yes??? :eek: JUST KIDDING!!! :D