Fun Door Signs?

bigbreeze

Doors signs are so much fun! Last summer on the Enchantment of the Seas, we put pictures of our family and made signs for our parents. it was there 50th wedding anniversary! All week people were wishing them well, it made them feel special! I used magnetic frames, they worked perfect!

Edited by the plumbers wife

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if NCL allows door signs? My husband would appreciate it. On our last cruise, first night out, he left the room for some reason or another, forgot the room number and was lost for 2 hours before he finally manned up and went to the desk to find out his room number! :)

Does anyone know if NCL allows door signs? My husband would appreciate it. On our last cruise, first night out, he left the room for some reason or another, forgot the room number and was lost for 2 hours before he finally manned up and went to the desk to find out his room number! :)

They sure do. We always have a door sign on. I would never remember where our cabin was without it. lol

• 2 weeks later...

I make door signs for all of our Mixed Nutz cruise group members. They are personalized with their cruise critic names.

I have also made door signs for the upcoming balcony party........ the leaving St. Lucia balcony party...etc.

I found an internet party supplier that has full size door covers ( like for Halloween) in many different designs.

Just noticed in Party City stores have a roll out plastic that is like grass and jungle. I think great for placing in front of the balcony rail.

• 4 weeks later...

We decorate our doors as well. on the Star in January for my parents 50th. 4 cabins total. Trip mascot was penquins. Each door had a different penguin... my 2 1/2 yr grandson loved it and could find our rooms with no problems. Also had several of our neighbors tell us that it helped them find their rooms as well.

I'll continue to decorate my doors...it's part of the fun of the trip.;)

I have decorated our door the last two cruises and plan to do the two we are doing next year also!! Not only are they cute.......it makes finding our room so much easier. So far we haven't had anything taken off our door!!!

I always decorate my door. Last year to Hawaii, I had leis and all kinds of Hawaiian stuff. Next month it is off to Alaska from San Francisco, so I have a picture of the ship under the golden gate bridge, then a picture of the ship in Alaska. Flat Stanely will go next to that and who knows what I will come up with. My daughter in another cabin will also have flat Stanely too, if she remembers(she is a teacher and flat Stanely is part of a teachers teaching tool).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
This is a picture of a door poster I made for my son and new daughter-in-law for they honeymoon cruise.

It is hard to see in the picture, but on each side there is a note pad with pages attached at the top and they could be flipped up when a page was full to write on each page. They got some cute "words of wisdom".

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a small door sign i made in celebration of DH and my first cruise (2nd honeymoon and 5 yr anniversary gift to each other). :o It has smaller pictures from our wedding day & honeymoon in Scotland, and a larger one taken recently. It will make it easy to recognize our cabin door... lol.

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs518.snc3/27168_1267865932447_1103771732_30641295_4805434_a.jpg

Edited by princess in flip-flops
oops, forgot pic!

• 4 weeks later...

This is the one I made for my upcoming ALASKA Cruise. The banner was made out of a banner thye were throwing away at work. It is made out of the parachute type material.

The other one is just a sign I made for our group.

1926296211_MyDoorBanner.jpg.545061e969bb0ef6dc302fa0978ee631.jpg

freddy-working.jpg.030105b74c73509392b0382a3641ad86.jpg

Princess In Flip Flops...I never thought of putting pictures on the sign from previous cruises or special moments. Might just have to work that idea in to our reunion cruise in October. Thank you!!!

I think door signs are great to find your room, but also a bunch of fun to make if you get that creative bug. :)

Can anyone confirm (or deny) that the Carnival doors are magnetic?? I made magnet/posters out of Very thin magnetic sheets for our Disney cruise over Christmas and they stuck to the door perfectly. Wondering if I can do the same on Carnival this summer or if I need to make something else...or bring something else to hang them??

This is going to be our door message:

First came LOVE

Then came Marriage

Then came Scott and Aurora with a baby carriage, then another, then another, then another!

Then a mortgage, then sick kids, long days at work, PTA and the In Laws!!

Thanks Goodness for Crusing!!

13 year anniversary and going STRONG!!

this is going to be our door message:

First came love

then came marriage

then came scott and aurora with a baby carriage, then another, then another, then another!

Then a mortgage, then sick kids, long days at work, pta and the in laws!!

Thanks goodness for crusing!!

13 year anniversary and going strong!!

love it!!! :d

The last cruise we did we went to a fabric store and picked up fabric that looked like an aquaruim and taped it on the door and then taped a pen to it and asked people to sign it. We also taped a pin the tail on the donkey on the wall. It was a great way to meet folks because it started alot of conversations. We have a cruise on June 11th and we have 2 cabins, one for the misses and I and one for our 13 and 14 year old boys. We went to party city the other day and came up with some ideas and are heading back to soon to purchase this cruises door fun. We are sailing Carnival! ENJOY!

au contraire mon cheri

No one is forcing you to put one on your door :).

Besides, if you think they are lame, why are you reading these posts :) ?

I like them because they show a little personality in this all-too-boring world where most people look like the same bump on the log as the people next to them.

We have a self-imposed rule that our door decorations can only be purchased at a dollar store and can't be over five dollars (plus tax).

Tasteful and o-so-muted, of course....NOT

I like a door sign nothing too big for me but big enough and distinctive that i can see it from down the hall and find my room reasy. lol On the alaskan we had a whale on our door ... on the last cananda new england we put canadian flags there its just a little fun thing ... doesnt hurt anyone and provides some with a smile.

On our 2nd cruise we placed a magnetic grease board on our door so we could leave notes about where each of us was going & when.

But on the 1rst night of this cruise, someone promptly stole it.

Thankfully, our darling room steward "found" it just as promptly & replaced it on our door! He got a big tip, for sure!

I tend to think it was someone's rotten kids who stole it, because after that we placed it very high up on our door, where it remained safe for the week.

So I suggest having a resourceful room steward & placing your signs up high, to avoid theft and/or defacement!

• 2 weeks later...

we are SO going to put a door poster up after reading this thread! We sail on Halloween so that's a good starting theme.

Our cabin is right by the elevators so it'll be seen by everyone on the back half of our deck.

I really did want to put a blank page up and have ppl write notes or sign it, as a memento, but i don't want nasty messages either.

I'm really into puzzles so perhaps a crossword puzzle or search a word puzzle with a pen attached or a daily riddle/brain teaser. Something to get ppl stopping in each day.

In order to avoid ppl stealing your stuff, maybe put a notice saying "All items have been dusted with an invisible powder that shows up under UV light. If you take this, we *will* find you."

lolol. just my luck, that notice will be stolen too lol.

But i figure that if the door poster makes even one other passenger happy, then it's worth it.

I am working on several for my family right now. My Mom turns 70, DS and BILS 25th wedding anniversary. My niece/godson both graduating! We have never had anyone take anything as of yet :rolleyes:...I usually make signs on my printer and we found magnetic picture frames, (who would want pictures of my family...lol) works great, no tape needed!! On our last cruise my parents were married 50 years, you can not imagine the people that were coming up to them, it really made them feel special!! (There cabin was right near an elevator, so many people saw the pictures)!!

Edited by the plumbers wife