Fun Door Signs?

bigbreeze

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=157244&stc=1&d=1274967785

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=157247&stc=1&d=1274968273

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=157248&stc=1&d=1274968446

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=157249&stc=1&d=1274968532

First 3 were of the door on Liberty of the Seas. We left the kids at home - hence the humor...!:eek:

Next is from Oasis of the Seas which was made with the Itinerary as the subject of the map - THEN they reversed the direction 2 days prior to sailing!

Finally the upcoming Freedom of the Seas... Mother/Daughter Cruise.

I really enjoy the individuality of the door signs. I always include the same dry erase board and strangers leave the kindest comments. Plus our "new" onboard friends can find our room with ease...!

22246_1330595911173_1419259715_30937073_5456495_n.jpg.4d8ac1878b598df3ebc5d0965af0d03a.jpg

SANY0002.jpg.8ea17062e87e209e7762522687c6af51.jpg

101_3433.jpg.95af08b8d2dfcb1fce5ccf777bd27db5.jpg

Edited by WedNoMor

I love to decorate the outside of the doors and surrounding areas with fun stuff....But, you know what's sad about door signs and decorations? When people find the need to trash and take them....We were just on Paradise (did everyone hear that a baby was born aboard ship yesterday????), had two cabins decorated for birthdays, balloons all over and decorations between our two doors. By the first morning, the decorations between the two cabins were gone or torn, with over 1/2 missing. I guess I don't understand the need to trash someone's fun. :(

it's silly how ppl can think it's fun to do that. But anonymity can bring out the worst in people.

I guess as long as we just put up more or laugh it off, WE have won and not them!

I can't wait to do my Puzzle o'the Day!

Just not sure whether i want to have one puzzle that they can stand there and try to figure out, or a little container with a handful of copies for them to take one.

• 2 weeks later...

I first made personalized door signs for a cruise 10 years ago when my daughter was a baby. We had our names, images of "spa" "pool" "dinner" etc, to let others know where we were. I also took one of those magnetic word games, and we could rearrange at will. So did many of the passengers walking by! It was always fun to come back and see what messages we had been left. That is, it was fun until a Carnival cruise last summer, when night after night our magnets were taken off the door, sometimes left in the trash down the hall, sometimes in more inappropriate ways on other people's doors, and on the last "party" night on board they were removed entirely and I never did find them. Never had that problem on HAL, RCCL, Princess - but Carnival was a different story.

Going on RCCL soon, and am debating whether I will do it again.

I would never put a sign up like that. Then again I would ask the cruise line if its permitted.

There could be some passengers who would mess with door signs for fun and mischief. (If you hear laughter in the hallway you'll know why) If your signs go missing just ask the steward why they were removed.

Alrana

Edited by Alrana Eris

How about this: Stick on photos you already have duplicates of. That way, theft will not hurt. I might bring pictures of my cats and put them on the door using magnetic frames if that is all I can do.

I am surprised nobody suggested car magnets. If they will stick to a door, buy some or take them off your car.

I made 3 signs for our door on our cruise last year. Two had photos of our dogs, one said BONE, the other said VOYAGE. The third I changed each day - I posted a new quote about dogs, something catchy.

One afternoon we went back to our cabin and one page of our dogs were gone :mad: but by the time we left our cabin, they were returned. :D

I did not see any other doors decorated, except for a "group", all the same flier. We were right near the elevator and when we left one day, we did hear how others were using our door as a landmark that they were going the right way.

We hope to do another cruise this fall and we will do the same again.

Edited by shepherdqueen

So we went on a disney cruise and I want a tad overboard with the decor. LOL For our Carnival Cruise coming up in March it wont be so crazy! But still FUN!

IMG_0722-1.jpg

IMG_0720-1.jpg

Edited by anewmac

I first made personalized door signs for a cruise 10 years ago when my daughter was a baby. We had our names, images of "spa" "pool" "dinner" etc, to let others know where we were. I also took one of those magnetic word games, and we could rearrange at will. So did many of the passengers walking by! It was always fun to come back and see what messages we had been left. That is, it was fun until a Carnival cruise last summer, when night after night our magnets were taken off the door, sometimes left in the trash down the hall, sometimes in more inappropriate ways on other people's doors, and on the last "party" night on board they were removed entirely and I never did find them. Never had that problem on HAL, RCCL, Princess - but Carnival was a different story.

Going on RCCL soon, and am debating whether I will do it again.

On my Feb cruise with Celebrity my door was vandalized, and things stolen. We did complain to the front desk, just because we wanted them to know, not that we thought they would/could do anything about it. We did sail on NCL in June and had a door cover on, and nothing was done to that. We will be sailing with Carnival and HAl yet this year and we'll see if anything happens then.

On my Feb cruise with Celebrity my door was vandalized, and things stolen. We did complain to the front desk, just because we wanted them to know, not that we thought they would/could do anything about it. We did sail on NCL in June and had a door cover on, and nothing was done to that. We will be sailing with Carnival and HAl yet this year and we'll see if anything happens then.

What ship were you on for your NCL? We'll be on the Pearl and it appears as if the doors are slatted like a shutter. I'm wondering how on earth we're supposed to be able to decorate that if it's not a smooth surface?

What ship were you on for your NCL? We'll be on the Pearl and it appears as if the doors are slatted like a shutter. I'm wondering how on earth we're supposed to be able to decorate that if it's not a smooth surface?

The Pearl does have shutter like doors, I was on the Pearl in Oct., but we sailed on the dawn in June, and they were a flat regular door. I didn't decorate the door on the Pearl.

• 1 month later...
I made 3 signs for our door on our cruise last year. Two had photos of our dogs, one said BONE, the other said VOYAGE. The third I changed each day - I posted a new quote about dogs, something catchy.

I love this idea!!! I may try to make it into a greeting card for one of my roll-call friends (maybe slip it under her cabin door) with a picture on the front of the fur-baby she is leaving at home!

• 2 weeks later...

A simple door sign for Cruise Critics is here:

www.cruisecritic.com/doorsign.pdf

You can fill in the blank and put your screen (ID) name on the sign.

Next, the doors are not magnetic, they are made of metal and magnets will stick to them since they are not stainless steel. You can purchase magnetic sheets for your local office supply or hobby supply and print whatever you want to say on them. Get the one that is 8 1/2 x 11 size, there are other sizes available also but the 8 1/2 x 11 works fine in your printer.

If you don't want to use magnetic sheets you can use plain paper and take along a bunch of frig magnets to hold it on the door.

As long as you don't destroy the paint finish on the door they probably won't say anyting to you but if you scratch the paint or put tape on there that is hard to get off you may get a bill for the repair.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought a beach calendar at the Dollar Tree--I planned on putting the pics only on my door, and maybe leaving a pen....not sure yet but I DO know I am not putting our pics on the door. I don't want to waste a half hour or more decorating my door but want to put something easy on it

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This cruise will be a little tough to get our door art seen. Previous cruises had our suites next to the elevators and lots of folks have seen my best of the previous day's pictures in the folder that says "If you like one, Take one". This time we are in the PH Suite on the stern of the ship and are at the end of the hall all the way down at the end of the hall. I will look to be creative though. At least those next to us will be able to get a view.

Jan 2010 Mother and I went on a 14d Princess cruise to Hawaii.

I found "Luki Oki Lani" at the local craft and party store. Each day she told

"what day of the week it was" (it's easy to loose track) and gave a "fact of the day". I also used some peel off stickers of Hibiscus over our cabin number on the side. Helped us to find our cabin when we were coming down the hall. I also used them inside the cabin to give it a more Hawaii feel. They peeled right off with out leaving a mark.

It was Ground Hog day so she got a little extra stuff.

I also took her pic with Mother each morning as we left the cabin, helped keep the days straight!

It was great to hear people stop and read, then chuckle as they walked on. Everyone we ran into that figured out it was us gave a thumbs up and said they throughly enjoyed it each day. Even the cabin stewards got into it.

We are off to Italy on the Epic in Sept. What to do? What to do? :D

IMG_8068.jpg.0f6eef77171e6a148e07fef07cfb4d28.jpg

IMG_7938.jpg.5e61b89f297338f4c46c539450548b75.jpg