Crown Princess - WARNING

HockeyFan1_99

It's the 1st post ... I'd pay no attention. He/she is just trying to get a rise out of respondents. Who would go on-line on-board, with the slow connection times, find Cruise Critic, register their name and handle and make this post ... and, within the first 4 days on a magnificent ship. As Mr. Spock would say ... "quite illogical Captain!!!"

Or as the Robot said to Will Robinson - "It does not compute!"

In the time it took for this poster to pick apart his cruise :eek: while on said cruise :eek: he could have had a couple of umbrella drinks while soaking up some sun in a relaxing lounge chair, and everything would have seemed a lot nicer.:D

When I saw the thread subject, I truly thought the OP was going to say how wonderful the cruise is, and 'warning' that it will be difficult to disembark and go home after the cruise... I can't wait to board the Crown next month! :)

I guess that I can understand the OP registering and posting to complain if he was really that unhappy. That doesn't necessarily invalidate the post. And I can also understand being hesitant to post again after being confronted.

I think just about any ship can have a bad week. We sailed the Star in October of 2005 (Copenhagen to Ft. Lauderdale) and if we'd have been one of the "Never again on Princess" types we'd have said exactly that. My trip report has 13 strikes against the service. But we understood that it was probably a fluke.

My husband to be and I am traveling with 20 family and friends for our honeymoon cruise. We are sailing on Nov. 10th on Crown Princess. I was worried as I read the OP comments, but everyone else has something great about the Crown and you put my worries to rest. Thanks. Crusie Critic people are great!:)

Pam when DH & I were going to take our 1st Cruise, good friends of ours, gave us that one tip, don't expect certain service and just go with the flow. Best lesson ever learned. But then we are easy going folks anyway. :)

MD best thing to do is walk on board with an open mind, take in the beauty of your surroundings, and enjoy meeting the many new friends you will gain.

I guess that I can understand the OP registering and posting to complain if he was really that unhappy. That doesn't necessarily invalidate the post. And I can also understand being hesitant to post again after being confronted.

He would have been confronted on any board by listing all the negatives and not even 1 positive:mad: Really, even on my NCL cruise which I did not like at all, I found some nice positives and didn't let the negatives totally ruin my vacation! Just have a hard time understanding this type of person.

... our experience was polar opposite to what the OP described. .

One time on this big long cruise ship... There was a table of eight in the dining room next to us that had wait staff the could do nothing right. The coffee is too hot, the coffee is too cold, this is overcooked, that is under cooked, your too fast, he's too slow... and it went on and on and on for 2 weeks :(.

Next to the difficult table of eight sat our table of ten. We had great service and had a blast. The wait staff was fantastic:D. So one night in Panama the view from the Horizon Court was so cool that we decided to go up there for dinner. One of our group had special meals and the wait staff tracked us down and delivered dinner to them up several decks at the other end of the ship.

Sometimes it is want you sow that you grow:eek:

Or we're too easy to please and don't know what we should expect:rolleyes:

It did seem from posts that last season the cruises sailing from San Juan were a little more laid back and had many fewer kids.

We'll find out soon...

I would like to add, that my sister and family was on the Crown when it listed and as bad as that situation was, she still posted a calm, reasonable and positive review with many many things she loved about the trip and did not focus on the accident. Now in my opinion, she actually had something to complain about, nearly missing the tv landing on her head.

I do agree with the posters that its interesting to take time on board for signing up and posting your first comment.

To the OP, I have my doubts if you will come back and answer the questions posted here, but if you happen to appear again, I hope the rest of your trip was better than the first part.

Im looking forward to the Crown in April. Most reviews Ive seen have been positive reviews on the Crown, other than the poster who had trouble with their A/C the entire trip.

It's the 1st post ... I'd pay no attention. He/she is just trying to get a rise out of respondents. Who would go on-line on-board, with the slow connection times, find Cruise Critic, register their name and handle and make this post ... and, within the first 4 days on a magnificent ship. As Mr. Spock would say ... "quite illogical Captain!!!"

I must agree....if it looks like a troll and talks like a troll.......then it must be a troll!

My husband to be and I am traveling with 20 family and friends for our honeymoon cruise. We are sailing on Nov. 10th on Crown Princess. I was worried as I read the OP comments, but everyone else has something great about the Crown and you put my worries to rest. Thanks. Crusie Critic people are great!:)

We were worried about some negative posts concerning the Crown prior to our January 2007 sailing. However, I am happy to say, that we had a very nice cruise on the Crown with good service, food, and entertainment. Often negative comments come from perspective, sometimes from truly bad experiences, and sometimes from someone wanting to stir up trouble. I suspect that the post by the OP fits into the latter category: just stirring up trouble. Have fun on your cruise.:)

You need to ask for Leon in the DiVinci Dining room, anytime seating, his station was to the left mid rear by the windows. He gave excellent service with a smile, never waitied long for anything. Interesting and pleasant. Give him a try! I was late for Formal dinner and he had everything timed so my food came out at the same time everyone else's did. And no one waited. Never had to wait for my Cosmopolitans either and my room mate never waited for a soda. Our plated were removed as soon as we were done eating. We only had one grouchy waiter and when we pulled out the survey card with his name on it that they have on the table he changed his attitude quickly.

Don't get discouraged, keep a positive attitude and try for Leo, tell him Patricia said Ciao!;) He is by far the best!

Do you think the OP has sensibly gone to the Ship's Management to inform them of his problems and give them a chance to make him happy?

Or has he decided to suffer in silence, have a lousy cruise, and complain to the world when it is too late for anyone to do anything about it?

Just went to my first NHL hockey game! What a waist of time! The usher did not help me find my seat. I don't even think they wanted to be there that day. There was very little scoring in the game. The fans were drunk and rude. One of them spilled beer all over the nice family who was sitting next to me and did not even apologize. Another individual kept looking for a fight with the opposing team's fans. The concession guys who came around only sold warm beer and when I finally got to the consession stand itself the hot dogs were cold, the soda flat and the cashier tried to short change me. On top of it, the tickets were greatly overpriced. I can never ever see myself being a NHL hockey fan. I'll stick with the AHL and even there I have my reservations! I would never recommend a NHL game to anyone. Oops, wrong bulletin board.

Coiran, a first post has to start sometime. Generally people are motivated to write a letter more often when they're disappointed rather than when things are good or just okay. If the OP didn't give details yet, don't attack, politely ask why. I was off the CB this past August and was tempted to write my first letter of disappointment to Princess and post a copy on this message board (after 13 Princess cruises!). Many I spoke to on the ship who were on Princess for the first time were not impressed with the Princess product based on this ship. After all, what else could they compare it to? I truly understood. These new gigantic ships may look beautiful, but the quality is just not there anymore on ships of that size. Along with that, a crew morale issue is no surprise. I was tempted to look on my ticket to see if I was on the right ship!! I have a booking for the Crown in February, and will be trying another line in the near future. Sorry Princess, or should I say Carnival Corporation, scale down the size of your ships......please.

[quote name='dforeigner']Need more details in order to validate your complaints. Also, if you have anytime dinning and try to eat at peak times, there will be a wait. The same goes for a regular restaurant (land based) during peak times. You will have to wait.[/quote]

I had anytime dining on 7/14 sailing, ate at peak times, had no wait or at most 5 minute wait, with the exception of first formal night, when we had no reservation and ended up waiting 30 minutes, (i didnt know about reservations for formal nights...)

[quote name='frofro']I had anytime dining on 7/14 sailing, ate at peak times, had no wait or at most 5 minute wait, with the exception of first formal night, when we had no reservation and ended up waiting 30 minutes, (i didnt know about reservations for formal nights...)[/quote]

Anytime dining has always worked well for us as well. We have only been on three princess cruises, but have had only two =waits for a table and both were less than 15 minutes.

Archived