Crown Princess - WARNING

HockeyFan1_99

Hello -

I'm writing this review from the 4th day aboard our cruise on the Crown Princess.

My wife and I are easy-going and generally very easy to please. This is our 7th cruise together. They've all been good. But we must warn you -The Crown Princess IS NOT GOOD!

Most of the staff are very nice but we've encountered many which are surley and clearly unhappy in their jobs.

The Dining Room staff is unorganized. Wait times are long and coffee is almost impossible to get following (a long) dinner.

The ship is overcrowded - it's nearly impossible to find a place to sit during meals.

The crew manning the Tender Boats is scary - they seem untrained (and unhappy also).

I'd recommend spending your cruise dollar on... well, anything other than this ship. We've been frustrated and disappointed so far.

It's the 1st post ... I'd pay no attention. He/she is just trying to get a rise out of respondents. Who would go on-line on-board, with the slow connection times, find Cruise Critic, register their name and handle and make this post ... and, within the first 4 days on a magnificent ship. As Mr. Spock would say ... "quite illogical Captain!!!"

Sorry to hear you are not having a good time....hopefully the rest of the week will be better.

We are cruising 10/13, and would appreciate other feedbacks, please continue to post any info you think would be of interest.

Hello -

I'm writing this review from the 4th day aboard our cruise on the Crown Princess.

My wife and I are easy-going and generally very easy to please. This is our 7th cruise together. They've all been good. But we must warn you -The Crown Princess IS NOT GOOD!

Most of the staff are very nice but we've encountered many which are surley and clearly unhappy in their jobs.

The Dining Room staff is unorganized. Wait times are long and coffee is almost impossible to get following (a long) dinner.

The ship is overcrowded - it's nearly impossible to find a place to sit during meals.

The crew manning the Tender Boats is scary - they seem untrained (and unhappy also).

I'd recommend spending your cruise dollar on... well, anything other than this ship. We've been frustrated and disappointed so far.

Are you crazy? You have posted your Princess cruise complaint on the Princess board.................good luck. Try and have a better time the rest of your cruise, or transfer to RCCL at the next port!:D

Hello -

I'm sorry you are having a bad time. I just finished sailing on the crown on September 15th. The ship was sold out and:

- The most that I waited for a table (anytime dining, peak hours) was 10 minutes

- After dinner my coffee was always served promptly

- Every staff member on the ship that I met was helpful and pleasant.

That said, if you went into Horizons for a meal during peak times it was nearly impossible to find a seat (I just kept going to the back into the Caribe cafe and could easily find someplace to sit).

Hello -

Which dining room staff is unorganized. And how did that affect you?

Where are you having a problem finding a seat? Right next to the buffet? Best window seat? why are you scared of the tender boat people? Has anyone been hurt tendering?

For someone who cruised 7 times you leave out alot of details. Need the details to see if what your are experiencing would matter to others.

We disembarked the Crown on 09/15, and our experience was polar opposite to what the OP described. The staff were exemplary, we NEVER waited for a seat, and quite simply we enjoyed every moment on board.

Its curious, as many have pointed out already, that someone posts for the very first time live from the ship. If they were SO anxious to report back to CC, you'd think they would have had a comment or question to add to the boards before now.:rolleyes:

Hello -

So your taking time from your cruise to post this, and this is the first time on this board :rolleyes: !!![/color=black]

That's news to me because the reviews have been great !!!

Were you nice to them ?

You did research your cruise before you left and understood that you were going to be dinning and not going to a fast food restaurant !

You had to find your own seats in the dinning room, was there not someone there to seat you ?

Are you happy with anything :rolleyes: !!!

Frustrated, my thoughts exactly, sorry, well I guess I can't say exactly what I want to because of these boards, but just lets say we all know why you might be frustrated :D !!! Hoperfully you do not complain the whole time to your mate !

I have noticed many times from a person who complains, and begin receiving negative responses, they never respond back, but leave. Not always, but many times. I wouldn't let a little thing like not getting coffee ruin my Cruise. Just had a thought, I wonder if that is the person whom we were seated with 2 Cruises back, complaiend about every little thing.

Sounds like most of the OP's complaints are about the dining staff. I wonder if he/she has Anytime or Traditional dining because I have rarely, very rarely experienced any of that in Traditional dining although I have in Anytime. Perhaps they should check out eating the dining room for breakfast and lunch if they find the buffet crowded. The weather might not be great so more people would be indoors which leads to crowding. We experienced that on the Golden last February but just went with the flow and adjusted where and what time we ate.

Sounds like most of the OP's complaints are about the dining staff. I wonder if he/she has Anytime or Traditional dining because I have rarely, very rarely experienced any of that in Traditional dining although I have in Anytime. Perhaps they should check out eating the dining room for breakfast and lunch if they find the buffet crowded. The weather might not be great so more people would be indoors which leads to crowding. We experienced that on the Golden last February but just went with the flow and adjusted where and what time we ate.

I can't help but notice that you always manage to knock anytime dining.

If you are talking about the Sept 15 to 21 cruise....we are on too and we are fonding everone very cheerful, happy and eager to please....the tenders on the first day were slow but that was becasue Newport was busy itself.

Can't agree with you at all,,, this is a fabulous trip

I can't help but notice that you always manage to knock anytime dining.
I try not to "knock" it but give my experiences, which have unfortunately been bad with some long waits, even with a reservation every night at the same time at the same table. It CAN happen to anyone and people should be aware of that. It's not perfect and expectations might not be met.

Hello -

TROLL

You wrote on the 17th. Crown left New York on the 15th. You couldn't have been on for 4 days.

Time to end this charade.

TROLL

You wrote on the 17th. Crown left New York on the 15th. You couldn't have been on for 4 days.

Time to end this charade.

I have my doubts also...but today is the 18 and he posted today...so he could be telling the truth. I think it is funny that people will post for the first time with stuff like this...no one ever listens...wonder why people do it.

Archived