Firsthand sneak peak at Solstice (Merger of Several Threads)

Richard Stein

Oh no - please don't let this thread turn into a dress code thread. Let's keep it on Solstice info. (Full disclosure - yes I abide by dress code, I just want this thread to be about SOLSTICE!) :)

I totally agree. There is no shortage of dress code threads, if folks want to chat about that.

:D :D

Plinky, I've been thinking the same thing. I'd like some new info. For instance, the charge for each of the specialty restaurants. I'm guessing Captains Club will be able to make their reservations in advance like on the other ships. And what about the brunch that will be offered? I also wish this would be the time for them to allow spa appts to be booked in advance - I think they've been mulling that one over for awhile - this seems like a great opportunity.

kent - you NEVER have to apologize. ;)

If you look at your reservations, you see Specialty Dining listed as oe of the arrangements you can make online, but they haven't enables it yet. I would guess this is for Solstice/Equinox. I hope you're not limited to one reservation ahead of time.

This is from Seatrader:

A signature drink for The Lawn Club

8/5/2008

‘Eureka!,’ an original cocktail invented by Celebrity Cruises bar manager Jesus Gomez, will be the signature drink at The Lawn Club on the new Celebrity Solstice.

Gomez created ‘Eureka!’ by muddling cucumber and fresh basil in the bottom of a shaker, adding cranberry juice, Bombay Sapphire gin, triple sec and ice, then shaking the drink and pouring it into a highball glass.

Gomez introduced the recipe on Celebrity Summit, and it recently won him the ‘Bacardi Bartender of the Year’ honor in the third annual Bacardi Cruise Competition. Besides being tapped as the Celebrity Solstice Lawn Club’s signature drink, ‘Eureka!’ is going on bar menus fleetwide.

Does anyone know if there are any outside decks other than the pool decks where you can sit? We like the Promenade Deck on RCCL ships because they have a large outside deck with overhang from the deck above, and we sit out there where it's quiet.

I see from the drawings they have the lifeboat deck, but is there loungers and chairs out there?

Thanks!

Does anyone know if there are any outside decks other than the pool decks where you can sit? We like the Promenade Deck on RCCL ships because they have a large outside deck with overhang from the deck above, and we sit out there where it's quiet.

I see from the drawings they have the lifeboat deck, but is there loungers and chairs out there?

Thanks!

Not sure about that deck but the Solstice deck is supposed to have some very nice looking sunbeds.

Here is a picture:

http://celebritysolstice.com/#/entertainment/onboard/solsticedeck/

Thanks!

Hard to tell. I've always been a bit confused with the deck plan as the Promenade Deck has no "promenade" and it appears that the Entertainment Deck is shaped more like the Promenade Deck on the other X ships. I wonder if they have this wrong on the plans? I'm sure there must be a Promenade Deck with those loungers (I like that space too as it gets you closer to the water and gives the best feeling of the speed these ships do) because there'd be no way of getting in the lifeboats otherwise.

Things that make you hmmmm.......

Phil

... For instance, the charge for each of the specialty restaurants. I'm guessing Captains Club will be able to make their reservations in advance like on the other ships. And what about the brunch that will be offered?
My guesses :

Silk Harvest..- $30

Blu ............ - $30 (free and priority for AquaClass guests)

Mareno ...... - $30

Tuscan Grille - $30

Bistro on 5 - ?charge?

Anyone else care to hazard a guess? Do you think prices will vary between restaurants, like on Princess? I'm also guessing the first couple nights Blu will be full with AquaClass guests, then there will be limited openings after that.

Is the information about brunch on the X website or in a press release?

My guesses :

Silk Harvest..- $30

Blu ............ - $30 (free and priority for AquaClass guests)

Mareno ...... - $30

Tuscan Grille - $30

Bistro on 5 - ?charge?

Anyone else care to hazard a guess? Do you think prices will vary between restaurants, like on Princess? I'm also guessing the first couple nights Blu will be full with AquaClass guests, then there will be limited openings after that.

Is the information about brunch on the X website or in a press release?

I think you might be right on prices and I think the brunch at Tuscan Grille will be $15.

I could have sworn that I've read someplace that the Bistro is free but I cannot recall where. It will have nearly 24 hour service.

I think Bistro is free. Sort of X's version of RCCL's Cafe Promenade.

I am already planning on lounging with a book on that Solstice deck. I have a feeling I'll be caught napping with my mouth hanging open too. :) Looks like there are lots of areas to sit outside - behind the buffet restaurant is an area and also outside the Aquaspa. Both should have nice sitting areas.

I thought the image was better, too, although I wish they would point the camera at MY room.

It does seem to have a lot of work left, considering there are still sea trials and PR to do but in watching cruise documentaries, I'm always stunned how much gets finished so quickly at the end.

I'm always stunned how much gets finished so quickly at the end.
.... and how much of the inside work gets done when it's no longer 'stationary'. A LOT of workers get free 'rides'.

Archived