Firsthand sneak peak at Solstice (Merger of Several Threads)

Richard Stein

... which seems to make some rooms appear 'covered', according to the deck plans.

deck8vista.jpg

I do realize, however, that the floor plans are probably way out of whack with reality.

If you look at the two photos side by side (sorry about the poor quality) you can see in the drawing there is a zig zag cut out of the side bracket that hasn't been made yet on the ship.(It is still a solidy piece with straight lines). It looks like there will be a triangular piece cut out of the bracket which will go around the end balcony - below the white line on the photo of the ship. I drew a red line to show the comparison.

AftComparison.jpg

Where did this image come from?...It is one I have not seen yet.

Mike

Mike, it was on the Celebrity website and spotted by Arno (C2C) who posted it on the roll call. The image then disappeared from the X website for some reason, but I'd saved it to my computer beforehand.

Phil

If you look at the two photos side by side (sorry about the poor quality) you can see in the drawing there is a zig zag cut out of the side bracket that hasn't been made yet on the ship.(It is still a solidy piece with straight lines). It looks like there will be a triangular piece cut out of the bracket which will go around the end balcony - below the white line on the photo of the ship. I drew a red line to show the comparison.

I'm really hoping they preserve that camera angle for the webcam updates so that we can see progress of the entire ship, including the aft. The webcam photo on the Meyer Werft site is dated last Friday. Perhaps we'll get a new image tomorrow.

Phil

Is it just me or does the bottom deck (continental) appear to have much deeper balconies? I'm not sure if there's going to be something in front, or if they're cut off & then there's empty space in front of their balconies, but I doubt it. I have a CC aft balcony booked on Panorama deck, but kind of tempted to switch to a sunset veranda down below. Any thoughts? (and yes, I know we won't no for sure until it's done!) Thanks for any insight.

No, it's not just you. I am having the same impression.

We reserved an aft CC and friends on their first cruise reserved an SV. I will be drooling with envy if the SV's have the larger balcony. I could switch but I'm not a 100% sure.

Looks like the resort deck aft cabins will have a good view of all decks below.
Well, now you're talkin' 'bout my cabin (2152). My only concern is 'chair scraping' from the Lido deck above. We've lived through it before, though. So it's a very small concern. It's still going to be better than chair sittin' at work! :)

Mike, it was on the Celebrity website and spotted by Arno (C2C) who posted it on the roll call. The image then disappeared from the X website for some reason, but I'd saved it to my computer beforehand.

Darn it! I was really hoping there were some new images floating around...

Mike

AftComparison.jpg

Those triangles don't appear to be cut out from the brace on the picture of the model. Maybe those bottom white triangular sections in the upper picture are not actualy part of the brace, but rather the outer fore section of the aft corner Sky Suites.

274967472_QRh24-M.jpg

deck8vista.jpgwebcam051308lgconverted3-1.jpg

Ugh...my careful cabin selection method has just been twarted! Must reconsider my battle plan! :eek:

Wow, y'alls obsession of the Solstice is making ME obsessed about my room! Did you know how nervous I was about making my room selection on a ship that's not yet been built? :D

Ugh...my careful cabin selection method has just been twarted! Must reconsider my battle plan! :eek:

Wow, y'alls obsession of the Solstice is making ME obsessed about my room! Did you know how nervous I was about making my room selection on a ship that's not yet been built? :D

me too...I've changed twice already....and the ship doesn't exist yet- Equinox that is! how crazy is that??????????

No, it's not just you. I am having the same impression.

We reserved an aft CC and friends on their first cruise reserved an SV. I will be drooling with envy if the SV's have the larger balcony. I could switch but I'm not a 100% sure.

274967472_QRh24-M.jpg

Hi dmk:

Rather than extra deep balconies on the lowest level, the model would appear to indicate that there is an extra-wide "flange" (for want of a better word...I don't know ANYTHING about shipbuilding terminology:rolleyes: ).

No, it's not just you. I am having the same impression. We reserved an aft CC and friends on their first cruise reserved an SV. I will be drooling with envy if the SV's have the larger balcony. I could switch but I'm not a 100% sure.
Although deck plans cannot always be trusted, I'm hanging onto my aft CC. I suppose which deck could be a factor also.

deckcontaft296x130.gifdeck11aft296x115.gif

Free, yes. But, adults only except for the aqua-spa cafe area. Same as M-Class. With the outdoor Sports Pool, Family Pool, and Wet Zone, I'm hoping the Solarium will be as peaceful as it looks.

My guess is that you'll have a fore and port side view from your balcony, but will be blocked from viewing aft because of the cabin's 'inset' position. The cabins more forward of you will get more of an aft view as the rear 'hump' gets farther away from them. Does that make sense? In other words, it will be partially obstructed. Again, this is just a guess based on the pictures we have so far and the deck layout.

Archived