All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

I'm sorry if this has been asked before - I know that Cat.11 suite 4226 on the Miracle has a stairwell next to it so it is not very desirable, but does anyone know if you can have the divider on the balcony between it and 4228 the aft wrap cabin opened? Thanks.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before - I know that Cat.11 suite 4226 on the Miracle has a stairwell next to it so it is not very desirable, but does anyone know if you can have the divider on the balcony between it and 4228 the aft wrap cabin opened? Thanks.

That's a good question I am in 4237 and wondered about 4235. I can't tell by any pictures I have looked at.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Does anyone have any up to date info on how Miracle is doing? Vibration issues or anything? Hope everyone has a great holiday!

We are on the Miracle on 1/24/09 and we have had an itenerary change. No longer visiting St. Liucia it has been replaced by Grand Turk, BUMMER.

Still going to have a Great Time with the " MIRACLE WAITERS "

Hope they get the propulsion issues fixed during the dry dock.

And I hope the poor folks in Grand Turk are managing to recover from the hurricane. They really had an incredible amount of damage. I'm still amazed that no one was killed.

Look forward to reviews of the "revised" itineraries.

Maybe, during dry dock, they'll replace 1/2 of the purple "grapes" in the dining room with white ones. After all, wine comes from both white and purple grapes, no? :p

Did the Dec 31st cruise change? We booked the last cabin for that on in one awesome price last Wed(1 week before the cruise) and they didn't tell us anything about changes...maybe they gave us the new itinerary or not?

I'm confused....:confused:

Maybe, during dry dock, they'll replace 1/2 of the purple "grapes" in the dining room with white ones. After all, wine comes from both white and purple grapes, no? :p

Have you heard if or when the Miracle will be in dry dock? Last I heard it wasn't scheduled but things change...

JoAnn

Just got off the Miracle this a.m. They are definitely having propulsion problems - if you look at the wake, the right prop is fine, the left hardly leaves any wake at all. Luckily, it really didn't affect us. We all had a great time. Great staff, food was just okay. We are not "foodies" - but some of the meals were not as good as the other ships we have been on. Grand Turk was also fine - no complaints. Great weather on the cruise, for the most part. Our stewards and waiters (hi Hary and Vitor) were fantastic. We had cabin 6232, and the balcony was to die for. Spent a lot of time out there. Embark and debark were a breeze - got to the port at 10:30, were in zone 1, and were on board by 11:30. Took us 5 minutes to get off the ship and thru customs. (were zone 15) I do prefer the larger ships, but would sail a Spirit class ship again. If anyone has questions, I'll try to answer them. Happy New Year!

Just got off the Miracle this a.m. They are definitely having propulsion problems - if you look at the wake, the right prop is fine, the left hardly leaves any wake at all. Luckily, it really didn't affect us. We all had a great time. Great staff, food was just okay. We are not "foodies" - but some of the meals were not as good as the other ships we have been on. Grand Turk was also fine - no complaints. Great weather on the cruise, for the most part. Our stewards and waiters (hi Hary and Vitor) were fantastic. We had cabin 6232, and the balcony was to die for. Spent a lot of time out there. Embark and debark were a breeze - got to the port at 10:30, were in zone 1, and were on board by 11:30. Took us 5 minutes to get off the ship and thru customs. (were zone 15) I do prefer the larger ships, but would sail a Spirit class ship again. If anyone has questions, I'll try to answer them. Happy New Year!

A few questions.

Did they use the Stabilizers?

You had great weather, so did the ship sail smoothly or was there any excessive movement and or vibration?

If you were due an OBC for the fuel surcharge and the itinerary change was it automatically put on your S&S card?

Sounds like you had a great cruise.

Thanks

In anwer to your questions: many people complained about the rocking. Some crew said the stabilizers were not working. When we left Fort Lauderdale, the boat was really rocking - more than I have ever felt on any other ship. We had one pretty bad night - there were actually "sick" bags by the elevators, and along the walls. This was due to very high winds we hit. Other than those two occasions, it was smooth sailing. No major vibrations that we felt. We did get an obc for the fuel supplement, and $25 pp for the change of port. (missing St. Lucia and going to Grand Turk instead) This was all posted automatically to our s and s card. We also got our Carnival excursion for St. Lucia credited back to our s and s card. Oh - and they seem to have dropped the price of bingo cards, for those interested. On our April Freedom cruise, the strip of 3 cards cost $20. On this cruise, the strip cost $10!

Thank you for the dry dock update. Any idea what improvements are being made to the ship?

JoAnn

It's an emergency dry dock to fix the propulsion problems.

We are the last sailing right before dry dock. Our roll call is keeping our fingers crossed that A-we still sail and B-service does not suffer due to the dry dock right after we get off.

If interested, I posted a review on CC for our 12/6 southern cruise with the MiraCLE Mianiacs.

Can you give a link to the review? I never get tired of reading reviews of ships I've sailed and plan on sailing.

As the the barf bags, they had them out on Fascination a couple of weeks ago (and there was "evidence" in one of the ladies' room that someone hadn't made it in time. ewwww). I think we only had 9-10' seas but it was very, very choppy. Thankfully, I seem to be cured now that I take ginger (started before Miracle cruise last December; have used it for 3 cruises now (2 with some rough seas) with excellent results). I highly recommend it.

Can you give a link to the review? I never get tired of reading reviews of ships I've sailed and plan on sailing.

As the the barf bags, they had them out on Fascination a couple of weeks ago (and there was "evidence" in one of the ladies' room that someone hadn't made it in time. ewwww). I think we only had 9-10' seas but it was very, very choppy. Thankfully, I seem to be cured now that I take ginger (started before Miracle cruise last December; have used it for 3 cruises now (2 with some rough seas) with excellent results). I highly recommend it.

Would it be ginger pills? I have never gotten sik before on a cruise but I am going on the Miracle and with the problems it is having, I figure I should just bring some in case!

My niece and nephew (7/8 years old) went to Camp Carnival, which is located in the bow area of Miracle. The ship was rocking and rolling so much, more than 1/2 the kids got ill. Many of the camp counselors also got seasick. The dining room had a lot of empty spaces that evening!

Hi -

Looking for details regarding partial obstruction from lifeboats in Cabins 5164 & 5174 - appreciate all & any information.

Thank you - in advice for the help!

lifeboat will come up to your railing- you will not be able to look down into the waters but your view out will be fine. Balcony is very narrow.

5174 sits directly between 2 lifeboats so that is an awesome location. your other cabin is smack dab in the middle of a life boat

2656775870097515536lsubTD_th.jpg

Archived