Booking While Onboard...

venicecruiser

Besides $100 deposit which is great) are there any other perks for booking on board? Ship board credit for example.

Yes, you get onboard credit for the booked cruise when you book it on the current cruise. It's a small amount (I forget how much) based on length of cruise and cabin category. IIRC a 7-day inside gets you $25.

If you wish, you can pay the $100 pp and designate it as 'to be determined' future booking. You have four years to select a specific cruise you wish to move that deposit to and book that cruise.

We made deposits for 3 future 'to be determined' while we were aboard Maasdam in June and August. We have used them already. :)

Depending upon category of cabin you book, you get a shipboard credit. The shipboard credit is in addition to any other onboard credit you may be entitled to.

For cruises 7 - 11 days, you get $25 pp for Inside cabins and Ocean View; for Veranda cabins, you get $35 pp and for "PS" or "S", the credit is $50 pp.

For cruises of 12 days or longer, Inside cabin gets $50 pp, Ocean View gets $50 pp; Veranda credit is $75 pp and it is $100 pp for "PS" and "S".

Thank you sail7seas, I never knew this before and we have sailed on HAL 5 other times. Who do we see about this?
There will be a "Future Cruise Consultant" desk on board. On the Statendam last week it was in the crossover hallway in front on the Explorations Cafe. Her/his hours will be posted on a sign on the desk. If you don't want to "show up and wait" you can telephone to set up an appointment. (The number will also be on the sign.)

p.s. - Normally they want to "turn over" the booking to the same TA for the cruise you're on. If you want to change TAs for any reason, have the info for a new one on hand.

The Future Cruise Consultant's hours will be in the Daily Program. They distributed notices of her name/hours/about future bookings to our cabin.

Also.......very long cruises do not qualify for the $100 pp deposit.

The Future Cruise Consultant's hours will be in the Daily Program. They distributed notices of her name/hours/about future bookings to our cabin.

Also.......very long cruises do not qualify for the $100 pp deposit.

I hate to disagree with you Sails but we were able to book our 30 day South Pacific with the $100 deposit. Our PCC also advised us we could use it on the 64 day Australia/South Pacific cruise. Just thought I'd mention it.

I hate to disagree with you Sails but we were able to book our 30 day South Pacific with the $100 deposit. Our PCC also advised us we could use it on the 64 day Australia/South Pacific cruise. Just thought I'd mention it.

Hi Trisha,

this is great to know. The 30 day South Pacific is still a cruise I very much want to take. I will take it. It's just a matter of when. I would like to make deposit on something when I am on the Prisendam for 24 nights in October 2008.

Marie

I was referring to longer than 30 days.

Sorry to disagree with you, as well Kakalina :) but

Sherll Tiangco, the Future Cruise Consultant on Maasdam in June, 2007, advised the $100 deposit could NOT be used for the 64 day cruise. Someone was giving/got wrong information. Both your source and mine cannot be correct. Sheryll was very specific.

Did you actually reserve the 64 day cruise for $100 pp or was it part of a conversation and you never made the reservation?

I will e-mail to the current Future Cruise Consultant on Maasdam, Susan Musgrave, and ask so we will get a 'third' opinion. ;)

On the original note that all passengers got on our March cruise on the Maasdam there was no mention about the $100 being limited to just certain cruises. But on the August cruises, I still have the information sheet somewhere - it does state that the World Cruise and the 64-day cruise did not qualify for the $100 day deposits.

Archived