Dessert Question

Toriables

Depending on the ship, the Love Boat Dream isn't always available and sometimes doesn't taste as good as on another ship. So if you don't see it on the always available area, then when you do see it on the menu, order it.

Baked Alaska(in tradtional dinning) or if anytime it is called bombe diplomat (or something close to that).

They have several icecreams each night and a sorbet. My favorite sorbet is the lemoncello sorbet(on Italian night.)

Earlier this month we only had the Love Boat Dream available on the last night, and it wasn't worth waiting for :mad: (this, from someone who used to adore this dessert. I don't know what they've done to it, but it isn't the same - okay, nothing is, but I was counting on the LBD.) Nancy

Depending on the ship, the Love Boat Dream isn't always available and sometimes doesn't taste as good as on another ship. So if you don't see it on the always available area, then when you do see it on the menu, order it.

agree. i tried the love boat dream, it had no flavor at all.

Besides the desserts already named in the above post...can others add to this list? I love really the 'specialty' type desserts!

Thanks!

Here are just a few of the other desserts:

Dinner: A Classic Bonetto Pudding, Gateau St. Germaine, Truffle Torte, Drambuie and Coconut Parfait, Chocolate Hazelnut Souffle, Caramelized William Pear Tart, Cassata alla Siciliana, Stuffed Peach with an Almond Souffle, Tiramisu, Tray of Assorted Amaretti, Vacherin Suisse, Sacher Torte, Berliner Luft, Karidopeta, Yiaourtini, Baklava, Honey and Almond Parfait, Apple Strudel with Vanilla sauce, Passion Fruit Souffle, A Duet of Chocolate Mousses, Mignardises, Baked Alasaka, Fresh Fruit au Gratin, and Brandy Alexander Pie.

Sugar Free Dinner: Butterscotch Pudding, Strawberry Mousse, Strawberry Napoleon, Fresh Truit Tart, Banana Shortcake, and Cheesecake.

LUNCH: Amaretto Torte, Mille Feuille of Fresh Fruit, Baba aux Fruits, Chocolate Flan Tart, Fresh Strawberry Shortcake, Almond Praline Mousse on a Mirror of Gianduja Coulis, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Banana Bread with Kirsch Coulis, Creme Caramel with Whipped Cream, Warm Pecan Pie a la Mode, Gratinated Old Fashion Style Rice Pudding with Golden Raisin, Traditional Carrot Cake Served with Vanilla Sauce, Coffee Eclair, Baba Royal au Rhum, Flan de Leche with Lady Finger Cookies, Haxelnut Meringue Layed Cake, Chocolate Brazilian Cake, and Fresh Fruit Tartlet.

Dinner: A Classic Bonetto Pudding, Gateau St. Germaine, Truffle Torte, Drambuie and Coconut Parfait, Chocolate Hazelnut Souffle, Caramelized William Pear Tart, Cassata alla Siciliana, Stuffed Peach with an Almond Souffle, Tiramisu, Tray of Assorted Amaretti, Vacherin Suisse, Sacher Torte, Berliner Luft, Karidopeta, Yiaourtini, Baklava, Honey and Almond Parfait, Apple Strudel with Vanilla sauce, Passion Fruit Souffle, A Duet of Chocolate Mousses, Mignardises, Baked Alasaka, Fresh Fruit au Gratin, and Brandy Alexander Pie.

Sugar Free Dinner: Butterscotch Pudding, Strawberry Mousse, Strawberry Napoleon, Fresh Truit Tart, Banana Shortcake, and Cheesecake.

LUNCH: Amaretto Torte, Mille Feuille of Fresh Fruit, Baba aux Fruits, Chocolate Flan Tart, Fresh Strawberry Shortcake, Almond Praline Mousse on a Mirror of Gianduja Coulis, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Banana Bread with Kirsch Coulis, Creme Caramel with Whipped Cream, Warm Pecan Pie a la Mode, Gratinated Old Fashion Style Rice Pudding with Golden Raisin, Traditional Carrot Cake Served with Vanilla Sauce, Coffee Eclair, Baba Royal au Rhum, Flan de Leche with Lady Finger Cookies, Haxelnut Meringue Layed Cake, Chocolate Brazilian Cake, and Fresh Fruit Tartlet.

YUMMY. cannot wait. Is it true that there is a souffle every night on Princess' dessert menu??:confused:

Can someone please tell me what the "love boat dream" is? thanks!

The Love Boat Dream used to be a delightful dark chocolate mousse with a hard chocolate "icing". Now it's tough to chew - how you make a mousse that's tough, I don't know. The souffles are a better choice. Nancy

Can someone please tell me what the "love boat dream" is? thanks!

This is what the Love Boat Dream looks like:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2042762590088053251LknJrp

I've had this a few times on GP, and it was always very tasty. Like everything else, the quality depends on the chefs who prepare it.

It is mousse based which is a somewhat difficult preparation to get just right.

YUMMMMMMOOOOOO!!! I am drooling all over myself reading this!:D

I think it was our Star Princess cruise where the Love Boat Dream was not terrific. On all our other Princess ships, it's been wonderful.

My favorite desserts are the hazelnut souffle and the peaches stuffed with almond souffle (although on the Sun Princess last year, the latter wasn't good).

If you see two that look good, order them both. And most desserts are better with ice cream.

On the Pacific Princess last month, my "best bet" was ordering any dessert option with hazelnuts--no matter the dessert, they were amazing! I tested whatever my husband ordered those nights and mine were always better:p I ordered the cheese plate on a couple of occasions as well, when it featured cheese I was less familiar with (I ADORE cheese and don't really have a sweet tooth, so cheese to end a meal suits me just fine:D )

I tried the love boat dream one night and did not enjoy it--it was flavorless.

WOW is that one of the new desserts? I've never seen it, but looks really great.

It's called "Menage a Trois" (thanks to Sandragon, who supplied the name when I forgot it), a sampler size of three different cakes. I don't remember what they each were, except that they were fabulous! One was a semi-freddo, I do recall that. If you see it on the dessert menu, definitely try it. Heck, order two -- they're small!

Archived