luggage tags... get bags all way to port ? ?

tripsrme

If I put luggage tags on my bags before checking baggage at airport , will bags go all the way to ship, or do I still have to claim them at airport and take them to ship?

If they will go all the way to ship... is this a good idea?? Does this increase the chances of lost luggage?

Previous cruises we always got in day or 2 early, this time plane to ship. :D

thanks

ML

Shoot--the airlines have enough trouble getting your bags to your destination with only the airline tags! DON'T CONFUSE THEM by putting the ship's tags on prior to flying!

You will have to retrieve your bags from the airport and get them to your shuttle (or taxi). Put the ship's tags on AFTER the flight!

But if you have Canadian Express Customs don't you have to have the cruise ship luggage tags before your flight? I thought if you catch a ship from Vancouver and have cruise line transfers you can bypass regular customs. I thought the luggage gets handled automatically from departure airport to the cruise ship.

Don't put your cruise tags on the luggage for the flight. Wait until you claim it upon arrival at the destination airport. Some dishonest baggage handlers will know that you will be gone on a ship with no way to complain if your luggage is pilfered.

Archived